How Good are the 2015 LPGA Rookies?

Closed Thread
Old 02-10-2015, 12:02 AM
Platinum member
Default How Good are the 2015 LPGA Rookies?

If we had any doubts that the 2015 LPGA season could ever match the excitement of 2014, those doubts no longer exist. Once again this weekend we had an extraordinary finish. This time it was a 3 way playoff that included two 2015 rookies, Sei Young Kim, and Ariya Jutanugarn.

How good is the 2015 rookie crop? I am going to say without a doubt the best in LPGA history.
Not only did 2 rookies go into a playoff in this week's Pure Silk LPGA Classic, but a rookie finished in 2nd place last week at the Coates Championship.

For entire article:

TONY'S LPGA REPORT: How Good are the 2015 LPGA Rookies?
Old 02-10-2015, 07:57 PM
Gold member

They've had two tournaments...seems a bit early to say it's the best lpga rookie class in history...wouldn't that be determined at the end of the year????

Don't try to create the buzz...just report it.
Old 02-11-2015, 03:09 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred53 View Post
They've had two tournaments...seems a bit early to say it's the best lpga rookie class in history...wouldn't that be determined at the end of the year????

Don't try to create the buzz...just report it.
I'm basing it on the fact that there are 6 rookies already in the top 50 in the world. That has never happened before. In fact there have never been more than 2 at the start of the season.

Besides I don't write for the New York times, I am a blogger. Creating buzz for the LPGA is why I do this.
Old 02-11-2015, 06:47 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyj5 View Post
If we had any doubts that the 2015 LPGA season could ever match the excitement of 2014, those doubts no longer exist. Once again this weekend we had an extraordinary finish. This time it was a 3 way playoff that included two 2015 rookies, Sei Young Kim, and Ariya Jutanugarn.

How good is the 2015 rookie crop? I am going to say without a doubt the best in LPGA history.
Not only did 2 rookies go into a playoff in this week's Pure Silk LPGA Classic, but a rookie finished in 2nd place last week at the Coates Championship.

For entire article:

TONY'S LPGA REPORT: How Good are the 2015 LPGA Rookies?
Thanks! We like your buzz.
Old 02-11-2015, 08:49 AM
Gold member
Default Still seems like...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyj5 View Post
I'm basing it on the fact that there are 6 rookies already in the top 50 in the world. That has never happened before. In fact there have never been more than 2 at the start of the season.

Besides I don't write for the New York times, I am a blogger. Creating buzz for the LPGA is why I do this.
your jumping the gun. Only two tournaments and you're trying to "create" buzz with data that really isn't over a long enough period to validate your reasoning.

I guess it's why the golf channel can't keep from talking about Woods....blog on...

You're creating buzz(or fabricating it)and all I'm doing is pointing out the uselessness of it...
Old 02-11-2015, 10:38 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred53 View Post
your jumping the gun. Only two tournaments and you're trying to "create" buzz with data that really isn't over a long enough period to validate your reasoning.

I guess it's why the golf channel can't keep from talking about Woods....blog on...

You're creating buzz(or fabricating it)and all I'm doing is pointing out the uselessness of it...
Of course that's your opinion and that's fine. You should visit the official LPGA site. They posted an article the day after I did, on why the 2015 rookies are the best ever.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.