Lpga future

Closed Thread
Old 03-02-2021, 12:51 PM

Working tournaments for both PGA and LPGA and NBC Sports for 40+ years, the PGA has one person to thank for their money status: Tiger Woods. Once he came on the scene, everything changed: purses, hospitality at tournaments, security, ticket sales, all those salaries associated with running PGA tournaments, etc. One of the PGA personnel who trained me way back during my WGC Firestone CC days acknowledged the same to me. He gave credit to TW for his own uptick in salary.

That being said, once I worked an LPGA tournament, I will always defer to them vs PGA. More of a family atmosphere, players who are nicer to work with AND have a more relatable game. Heck, after a round of tournament golf last summer, Amy Olson was my pickleball partner at a local park! Other pros were there, too, but I understand Amy is acknowledged as best pball player on the LPGA Tour.

I would also comment that LPGA is a worldwide tour and in Asia, women pros rule!
Old 03-02-2021, 01:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,416 Times in 5,107 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aces4 View Post
I believe I referenced distance in my earlier post. I would love to see matches between the women and the men on shorter courses just to compare actual skills vs being able to pound the ball further. It wouldn’t have to be for money, just head to head on course management and skill management. As far as women being slow putters, I think they are comparable to the men who stand over their putts wiggling their feet and their butts like that is going change anything.
If you take away the distance factor, the men will still outperform the women. There are lots of statistics that show that men play better than women in every aspect of the game, even at putting.
Old 03-02-2021, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by admiral72 View Post
LPGA is based in Ohio and there are no male members. No male can say he is a LPGA certified instructor. Requirements of membership include being a woman at birth.

Woman can join the USGA.
Last time I checked the LPGA was based here in Florida...Daytona Beach
Old 03-02-2021, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortal1 View Post
If it doesn't draw the sponsors or fans what do you expect a free market to do. It's business not women's rights or "woke". Till they generate the $$$ that the PGA Tour does accept it. This isn't about inequality...it's about the gate!

You can't force equality...you earn it.
GREAT POST❗️ I remember when I was in high school when the girls basketball team played they were lucky to have 100 people in attendance. When the boys team played it was standing room only. It’s always the folk who determine the market.
Old 03-03-2021, 05:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,279 Times in 2,480 Posts

The best thing about the LPGA is short skirts!
Old 03-03-2021, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
If you take away the distance factor, the men will still outperform the women. There are lots of statistics that show that men play better than women in every aspect of the game, even at putting.
^^ This is probably right....at least according to this

U.S. Women's Open -- Who putts better, women or men?

And, if it is, you have to wonder why? Why can't women be as good as men around the green? Why can't they be better?
Old 03-03-2021, 08:06 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,416 Times in 5,107 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastskiguy View Post
^^ This is probably right....at least according to this

U.S. Women's Open -- Who putts better, women or men?

And, if it is, you have to wonder why? Why can't women be as good as men around the green? Why can't they be better?
It's not just golf. Men dominate almost every competitive sport and game, even those that don't involve strength, like table tennis, billiards, and chess.
Old 03-03-2021, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
It's not just golf. Men dominate almost every competitive sport and game, even those that don't involve strength, like table tennis, billiards, and chess.
Yeah exactly...I just don't understand why. Now that you mention it....especially for something like chess. Female physicians do as well or possibly slightly better than male physicians. Obviously it doesn't apply to the long game....but the mid- and short game, women should be able to go toe to toe with the guys.

Comparison of Hospital Mortality and Readmission Rates for Medicare Patients Treated by Male vs Female Physicians | Health Care Economics, Insurance, Payment | JAMA Internal Medicine | JAMA Network

Joe
Old 03-04-2021, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karostay View Post
Wait till they allow transgender golfers on LPGA
Oh they don't now?
Old 03-05-2021, 07:47 AM
Default Women are timed for their rounds and actually penalized for slow play

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laker14 View Post
I used to enjoy the LPGA just as much as the men's tour, other than I have always enjoyed the men's majors more. I can't say why. However, over the last few years as I've watched both the PGA and the LPGA, it has been my observation that as slow as the men are, the women are even slower. Really really slower. Especially on the greens. So slow in fact, I can't even watch it.
I don't find the women slower. And they actually penalize players for slow play, including the leaders. Never happens on men's tour. The women always play in threesomes and the men don't as often.
Closed Thread

Tags
won, lpga, yesterday, event, $300, 000

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.