Matsuyama Wearing The Green Jacket

Closed Thread
Old 04-14-2021, 10:38 AM
Gold member

I read that Matsuyama could become sports' first billionaire, due to the endorsements that now will come raining down on him in golf crazy Japan. I also read that Tiger's net worth is in the neighborhood of $800 million, so Matsuyama could be even richer than Tiger. Wow.
Old 04-16-2021, 08:36 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebartle View Post
Japan is also thrilled. Happy for him, even though, i would have loved Speith to win. Hope this win will tame down the Asian haters, and realize, we are all the same.
I believe that like a lot of other issues, Asian haters are few and far between in the United States. What we have these days is politicians and media making big deals out of little things. By that I don't mean that hating a person because of their race is a little thing. I simply mean that there is not as much of it as many politicians and media people would like us to believe.

In these days of the internet and 24 hour news, everything is blown out of proportion. I actually had an old friend of my say that he believes that there is more racism today than there was in the 1960s. That is a great example of the brainwashing done by the media.

In actuality, there is far less racism in this country now than there has ever been. It's just that we are constantly being made aware of every incident that occurs.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 04-16-2021, 09:21 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default I very much agree with your post, below;

QUOTE=Dr Winston O Boogie jr;1930741]I believe that like a lot of other issues, Asian haters are few and far between in the United States. What we have these days is politicians and media making big deals out of little things. By that I don't mean that hating a person because of their race is a little thing. I simply mean that there is not as much of it as many politicians and media people would like us to believe.

In these days of the internet and 24 hour news, everything is blown out of proportion. I actually had an old friend of my say that he believes that there is more racism today than there was in the 1960s. That is a great example of the brainwashing done by the media.

In actuality, there is far less racism in this country now than there has ever been.
Old 04-16-2021, 09:40 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,018 Times in 1,012 Posts

Closed Thread

Tags
matsuyama, wearing, green, jacket, hideki

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.