Michelle Wie Gets Engaged!

Closed Thread
Old 03-11-2019, 11:32 PM
Platinum member
Default Michelle Wie Gets Engaged!

Michelle Wie announced on Instagram last night that she is engaged to marry Jonnie West, the Golden State Warriors' director of basketball operations.

The Villages Florida

For full story and more pics:
TONY'S LPGA REPORT
Old 03-12-2019, 05:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyj5 View Post
Michelle Wie announced on Instagram last night that she is engaged to marry Jonnie West, the Golden State Warriors' director of basketball operations.

The Villages Florida

For full story and more pics:
TONY'S LPGA REPORT
Might just as well. She sure doesn't play golf well enough to spend full time at that.
Old 03-12-2019, 07:26 AM
Veteran member

Isn't this the wonder woman who was going to play in the men's division. So much for that prospect, cant win in the LPGA. This is the woman they were promoting as the next superstar I think she was scheduled to play in a men's tournament. Vijay was also scheduled to play and when a reporter asked him how he felt if he was to be paired up with Michelle. He simply said "I will withdraw". I have a lot of respect for Vijay, practice is very hard, was not a natural, and says what he feels.
Old 03-12-2019, 08:00 AM
Gold member

It's really unfair to criticize Michelle Wie's golf game. People say she hasn't lived up to expectations, but I believe she is a superstar despite her mediocre golfing record as a pro. Who else has achieved the success she has achieved (as measured by endorsements and name recognition) while not winning regularly.
Old 03-12-2019, 08:55 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,295 Times in 2,044 Posts

Stats | LPGA | Ladies Professional Golf Association

Her fiance is the son of Jerry West. Jerry West - Wikipedia
Old 03-12-2019, 01:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,478 Times in 711 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan the man View Post
Isn't this the wonder woman who was going to play in the men's division. So much for that prospect, cant win in the LPGA. This is the woman they were promoting as the next superstar I think she was scheduled to play in a men's tournament. Vijay was also scheduled to play and when a reporter asked him how he felt if he was to be paired up with Michelle. He simply said "I will withdraw". I have a lot of respect for Vijay, practice is very hard, was not a natural, and says what he feels.
Vijay has a history of not playing with women.

Singh says he'll withdraw if paired with Sorenstam

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Old 03-12-2019, 01:24 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by collie1228 View Post
It's really unfair to criticize Michelle Wie's golf game. People say she hasn't lived up to expectations, but I believe she is a superstar despite her mediocre golfing record as a pro. Who else has achieved the success she has achieved (as measured by endorsements and name recognition) while not winning regularly.
Annika Sorenstam Doesn't Like Michelle Wie (duh) -- and a Stanford Education (huh?) - Rule Of Tree
Went to Stanford ..............
Old 03-12-2019, 01:30 PM

Michelle is OK and good luck to her. Man Jerry West must have had that kid at a pretty ripe age. He was old when i was young and now i'm getting old and he is still old. One thing about Michelle, I think every time I see her: tall, athletic etc but man her mouth is so small. I wonder how she eats. That is one tiny mouth on her.

Which could be good for marriage
Old 03-12-2019, 10:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,845 Times in 2,404 Posts

Quote:
Women’s tour is dead, occasionally see it on golf channel and that’s it. South Korea’s have taken over.
Old 03-12-2019, 10:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,845 Times in 2,404 Posts

Quote:
Annika konakorva
Old 03-13-2019, 08:16 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
Annika konakorva
?????
Old 03-15-2019, 04:02 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
Women’s tour is dead, occasionally see it on golf channel and that’s it. South Korea’s have taken over.
Not true. Every tournament is broadcast on Golf Channel and all of the majors will be broadcast on National TV this year.

More American's won on the LPGA Tour in 2018 than Korean's.
Closed Thread

Tags
engaged, michelle, wie, basketball, operations

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.