Patrick Reed

Closed Thread
Old 02-01-2021, 05:30 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 2,008 Times in 440 Posts
Default Some people don't care what...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ureout View Post
plain and simple I believe he cheats ... I see there are no comments about his 2 stroke penalty from 2019...
someone did two years ago. It's old news.

Your opinion matters to you...you think he's a cheat...wonderful...was Woods a cheat when over 10 years ago he had 5+ grown men move a bolder in a desert area because he claimed it was a loose impediment???? There have been many so called cheats in golf and I guess just disliking someone is reason enough to believe everything negative you hear about them.

The intent of the "loose impediment" rule was at it's core meant that the golfer him/herself...not a crowd of loving fans would remove the loose impediment.
Old 02-01-2021, 05:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
there is a reason why... go back to 2019 and watch this bunker fiasco when he swept sand from behind the ball with a few little waggles behind the ball.... really a pro golfer isn't going to realize that he grounded his club... he got a 2 stroke penalty after cheating on that .... PGA TOUR - Patrick Reed receives a two-stroke penalty at the Hero World Challenge | Facebook

if he was going to ask for a ruling why didn't he do it before he twirled his finger in the deep grass for a while and then lifted the ball and moved it 3 ft. ... then he asked for an official??... why?? he then went back and AGAIN stuck his finger down where the supposed depression was .. for what reason??? also I find it hard to believe that a ball that lands and then bounces about 1ft in the air and lands again could become inbedded
It's possible for a ball to hit the ground, create a pitch mark, bounce a foot into the air and end up in that same pitch mark.

The thing is that from where Reed was he couldn't see the ball bounce and a spectator told him that it didn't.

A player does not have to call an official over before taking relief but it is always a wise thing to do. Reed has had his share of controversy in the past and would be well advise to consult a rules official on future rules situations.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 02-01-2021, 05:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by karostay View Post
Funny how past penalties have been handed out after reviewing camera footage
They've changed the policy on that this year. Unless a video shows that a player intentionally cheated he will not be penalized. I think that the Lexi Thompson incident in the US Women's Open was the reason.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 02-01-2021, 08:23 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,211 Times in 350 Posts

Quote:
there is a reason why... go back to 2019 and watch this bunker fiasco when he swept sand from behind the ball with a few little waggles behind the ball.... really a pro golfer isn't going to realize that he grounded his club... he got a 2 stroke penalty after cheating on that .... PGA TOUR - Patrick Reed receives a two-stroke penalty at the Hero World Challenge | Facebook

if he was going to ask for a ruling why didn't he do it before he twirled his finger in the deep grass for a while and then lifted the ball and moved it 3 ft. ... then he asked for an official??... why?? he then went back and AGAIN stuck his finger down where the supposed depression was .. for what reason??? also I find it hard to believe that a ball that lands and then bounces about 1ft in the air and lands again could become inbedded
I agree. I think he did something to the ball. I find it hard to believe that a ball bounces in the tall grass and then gets embedded in the ground (in the tall grass).
Old 02-01-2021, 10:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,143 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwoods View Post
I agree. I think he did something to the ball. I find it hard to believe that a ball bounces in the tall grass and then gets embedded in the ground (in the tall grass).
Then he simply would have discreetly pressed down on it when he first went to examine it and just leave it there. a finger does not make the same size or shape hole as a ball. C'mon people, if you believe he is a cheat, at least give him credit for knowing how.
Old 02-01-2021, 10:17 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,211 Times in 350 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
Then he simply would have discreetly pressed down on it when he first went to examine it and just leave it there. a finger does not make the same size or shape hole as a ball. C'mon people, if you believe he is a cheat, at least give him credit for knowing how.
I said I thought he did something to the ball. I never said I thought he was smart enough to convincingly know how to cheat...
Closed Thread

Tags
rules, patrick, reed, cbs, network

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.