Phoenix open

Closed Thread
Old 02-16-2022, 08:42 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bay Kid View Post
I've never seen so much beer wasted. Sad.
Most of the cans I saw thrown were not really beer - it was lite beer... so nothing lost. It was, however, a big waste of aluminum.

Golf is one of Arizona's primary tourism draws. They have over 10M rounds played per year for groups going on golf trips - that brings in $$'s for the state for golf, hotels, and restaurants. It's not just for the PGA. As long as it's good for the state, they will continue to do it.
Old 02-16-2022, 09:41 AM
Sage
Thanked 8,272 Times in 4,294 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoolBrews View Post
Most of the cans I saw thrown were not really beer - it was lite beer... so nothing lost. It was, however, a big waste of aluminum.

Golf is one of Arizona's primary tourism draws. They have over 10M rounds played per year for groups going on golf trips - that brings in $$'s for the state for golf, hotels, and restaurants. It's not just for the PGA. As long as it's good for the state, they will continue to do it.
And Super Bowl LVII will be played in Phoenix, the same weekend as the WM Open next year...

Should make for an interesting weekend...

-Tom Petty
Old 02-17-2022, 07:56 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,108 Times in 1,340 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoolBrews View Post

Hopefully WM recycled the aluminum cans!
Closed Thread

Tags
desert, water, phoenix, west, golf

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.