President's Cup coverage

Closed Thread
Old 09-26-2022, 01:58 PM
Send a message via AIM to Nordhagen

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
To those who have been watching the TV coverage of the President's Cup, which statement(s) do you agree with:

1) The "cart cam" is the stupidest idea, ever, in the history of sports coverage predating gladiatorial combat in the Roman coliseum.
Thought Trevor’s wife was fun to watch.
2) NBC/Golf Channel should profusely apologize to the viewing public for inflicting the "cart cam" on their audience.

3) The NBC producer who came up with this idea should be immediately fired and banned from the TV industry for life

4) Someone should do a public service and let the air out of all the tires on both "cart cams"

5) Davis Love and Trevor Immelman should wake up and put black tape over the camera lenses
Thought Trevor’s wife was worth having the cam.
Old 09-26-2022, 03:26 PM
Platinum member
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrieker68 View Post
We like the action of the President's Cup, more shots to see - match play is so much more interesting. BUT can't stand the split screen, millions of commercials and hurricane updates at crucial points when the storm is still a bit away. We will continue to DVR and skip through all the junk. That's what better about the LIV, including the shotgun starts so everyone is on the course at the same time.
I do the same thing. I would just as soon as have them go to full size commercial instead of split screen. And the commercials are always so large that you can't see the little Golf screen.

Old 09-26-2022, 03:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,037 Times in 5,329 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDivine View Post
I do the same thing. I would just as soon as have them go to full size commercial instead of split screen. And the commercials are always so large that you can't see the little Golf screen.

So people do not watch it for the commercials? Who knew?
Old 09-26-2022, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
To those who have been watching the TV coverage of the President's Cup, which statement(s) do you agree with:

1) The "cart cam" is the stupidest idea, ever, in the history of sports coverage predating gladiatorial combat in the Roman coliseum.

2) NBC/Golf Channel should profusely apologize to the viewing public for inflicting the "cart cam" on their audience.

3) The NBC producer who came up with this idea should be immediately fired and banned from the TV industry for life

4) Someone should do a public service and let the air out of all the tires on both "cart cams"

5) Davis Love and Trevor Immelman should wake up and put black tape over the camera lenses
I couldn't disagree more. The cart cam gives you perspective of what the team captains go through during his day.
Old 09-26-2022, 06:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrmean58 View Post
I couldn't disagree more. The cart cam gives you perspective of what the team captains go through during his day.
Really????? All it showed was the captain driving in the cart. If you gained perspective on what the captain goes through during the tournament from that, congratulations on your intuition!
Closed Thread

Tags
coverage, cart, presidents, cup, public

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.