Saudi Golf League and Mickelson

Closed Thread
Old 06-13-2022, 07:06 AM
Default Saudi Golf League and Mickelson

I have worked for a boss that was cheating on his wife. I didn't quit my job because I and my family wanted and needed the income. Just because you do not agree with the ethics of your employer doesn't mean that you agree with their ideals/values. There have been plenty of disputes between MLB players and owners...but the players don't quit because owner XYZ doesn't support BLM. Do all NFL players quit because their team owner has a history of domestic violence?
All employees need to make their own decisions and what they will put up with. All we can say is WE wouldn't join LIV for our own reasons.
More locally, if you don't like the way your neighbor treats his dog, do you choose not to golf/socialize with him?
Old 06-13-2022, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by villager7591 View Post
I have worked for a boss that was cheating on his wife. I didn't quit my job because I and my family wanted and needed the income. Just because you do not agree with the ethics of your employer doesn't mean that you agree with their ideals/values. There have been plenty of disputes between MLB players and owners...but the players don't quit because owner XYZ doesn't support BLM. Do all NFL players quit because their team owner has a history of domestic violence?
All employees need to make their own decisions and what they will put up with. All we can say is WE wouldn't join LIV for our own reasons.
More locally, if you don't like the way your neighbor treats his dog, do you choose not to golf/socialize with him?
I can answer the last question - yes!
Old 06-13-2022, 07:10 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,770 Times in 3,638 Posts

The Commissioner's statements were like a politician, but he was very clear on one thing..................these guys are NOT band for life. He left the door open. If they want to come back, the will be allowed.

Politics & money & control/freedom................that's all it is for both sides.
Old 06-13-2022, 07:16 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,707 Times in 5,240 Posts

I like golf and I like to watch golf on TV. But, I really don't care at all about who plays for which tour or why.
Old 06-13-2022, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdulej View Post
You're wasting an awfully strong word (traitor) on a person who was simply exercising his right to peacefully protest. If you are looking for real traitors, look to 1/6.
Sadly, GE and many others are not looking but supporting 1/6 traitors.
Old 06-13-2022, 07:25 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
You're wasting an awfully strong word (traitor) on a person who was simply exercising his right to peacefully protest. If you are looking for real traitors, look to 1/6.
No defense for those idiots on 1/6. No defense for the insurrections in Ferguson, Minneapolis, Atlanta, Baltimore, etc.( Dictionary definition of an insurrection: A violent uprising against government or authority, in the latter cases, the police) No defense for Kaepernick. They could all be deposited on a deserted island somewhere.

As far as Kaepernick goes, he was the starting QB for a popular team. He had what Teddy Roosevelt called "the bully pulpit". He could have taken the microphone and made his statements. I would have preferred "America is the greatest country ever, but it is not perfect. We still have problems and these are what I think they are......."
But no, he had to disrespect America, our flag, and all those who fought and died so he could make millions throwing a ball around. Instead of a constructive conversation, he had to show "defiance" and disrespect. Useless piece of human garbage.
Old 06-13-2022, 07:29 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAM+6 View Post
Sadly, GE and many others are not looking but supporting 1/6 traitors.
You couldn't be more wrong. They should all be arrested and tried. But I do object to this particular heinous act being singled out for excessive media and congressional scrutiny. There were 840 arrests from the capitol riot. How many in Ferguson, Minneapolis, Atlanta, Baltimore, etc.? And those insurrections were far more violent and costly.
Old 06-13-2022, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
No defense for those idiots on 1/6. No defense for the insurrections in Ferguson, Minneapolis, Atlanta, Baltimore, etc.( Dictionary definition of an insurrection: A violent uprising against government or authority, in the latter cases, the police) No defense for Kaepernick. They could all be deposited on a deserted island somewhere.

As far as Kaepernick goes, he was the starting QB for a popular team. He had what Teddy Roosevelt called "the bully pulpit". He could have taken the microphone and made his statements. I would have preferred "America is the greatest country ever, but it is not perfect. We still have problems and these are what I think they are......."
But no, he had to disrespect America, our flag, and all those who fought and died so he could make millions throwing a ball around. Instead of a constructive conversation, he had to show "defiance" and disrespect. Useless piece of human garbage.
As I was reading your reply I looked up at the top third of my screen and there sat an ad for shirts made of carved up US flags with stupid sayings added. Another example of desecrating the flag to make a buc, but no one seems to care about that
Old 06-13-2022, 09:54 AM
Sage

Quote:
As I was reading your reply I looked up at the top third of my screen and there sat an ad for shirts made of carved up US flags with stupid sayings added. Another example of desecrating the flag to make a buc, but no one seems to care about that
If I saw it, I would care. Thanks for pointing it out, something new to add to my boycott list.
Old 06-13-2022, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
There's a bit more to it than a regular working person taking another job. These people have a legacy to think about. They're not going to be allowed to play in The Players or other PGA Tour events that are historically significant. Their OWGR is going to suffer because they are not going to get anywhere near the points for winning, what can only be classified as a minor league event compared to a PGA Tour event. Some have already lost sponsorship money and I'm sure that more will as time goes on.

Many of these players want to be looked at in terms of their place in history. That place is going to be diminished by playing 8 events against a weak field.

If I'm not mistaken, these players are not going to be allowed to play on The PGA Tour Champions when they hit 50.

While I certainly understand people like Phil, Sergio, Charl Schwartzel, Lee Westwood and others who are in the twilight of their career, going this way, I'm surprised at Dustin Johnson, DeChambeau and a few others who are still competitive on the PGA Tour.

Most great athletes want to compete against the best in the world. That can only be done on the PGA Tour. It's like these guys have gone from playing Major League Baseball to AAA. Of course they have the chance to make more money and some have guaranteed money before they tee it up. So I guess we're seeing what's important to different people.

Tiger was offered a boatload of money and indicated that his place in history and how he is viewed is more important to him.

There is also a good chance that this tour will fold after a few years. (Remember the USFL and the World Hockey League?) What do these guys do then?
Have you considered that many of these players don't want to be playing competitive golf when they turn 50? Or even 40?

Dustin Johnson indicated that this was going to give him a chance to do something else with his life besides play golf.

How many of the Champions Tour players wake up on a Tuesday or Wednesday relishing the long plane flight to the next event where they will live out of a suitcase for the next 5 days?

That's gotta be a grind.
Old 06-13-2022, 06:19 PM

Very judgmental. Must not have many friends or must not know them well.
Closed Thread

Tags
saudi, golf, league, mickelson, popcornpopcorn

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.