Saudi Golf League and Mickelson

Closed Thread
Old 02-19-2022, 07:38 AM
Sage
Thanked 8,247 Times in 4,282 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrazorbackfan View Post
He has become the Aaron Rogers of the PGA Tour; a whining baby.
Wait, I thought he was "entitled"?

-Tom Petty
Old 02-19-2022, 07:45 AM
Gold member
Send a message via AIM to rjn5656
Default Saudi League

Only the has beens of the tour will be joining. Ones on their way out. I have always liked Phil but this is the way of extending his career.
Old 02-19-2022, 07:52 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjn5656 View Post
Only the has beens of the tour will be joining. Ones on their way out. I have always liked Phil but this is the way of extending his career.
The PGA has had the Senior Tour for decades...

-Tom Petty
Old 02-19-2022, 08:08 AM

I agree with you. Just how much money does one person need? Used to be a big Mickelson fan but fed up with his greed and his threats to hold the PGA hostage to his demands. Personally, I think the "Player Impact Fee" is a joke. All professional athletes are paid on their performance and on advertising revenue, not on their "impact" to the sport. Just another way to reward those who are already making a killing. If Phil is that unhappy, maybe he could go back to selling shoes.
Old 02-19-2022, 08:17 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by donassaid View Post
I agree with you. Just how much money does one person need? Used to be a big Mickelson fan but fed up with his greed and his threats to hold the PGA hostage to his demands. Personally, I think the "Player Impact Fee" is a joke. All professional athletes are paid on their performance and on advertising revenue, not on their "impact" to the sport. Just another way to reward those who are already making a killing. If Phil is that unhappy, maybe he could go back to selling shoes.
NEED? Who are you (or anyone else for that matter) to determine what someone needs?

-Tom Petty
Old 02-19-2022, 09:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,162 Times in 833 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
Nice try at changing the subject...

If the NFL, NBA NHO and MLB players were complaining about it, yes I would support them...

And silly me, I always thought it was the sponsors (like WM) who paid the purses...

The PGA has turned into the IOC, imho... Poor PGA...
You post saying:
Quote:
Yeah, not wanting to pay $MILLIONS for his own likeness is the definition of greed...
And I post a list of other people who also would have to pay money for use of their own images because they also play professional sports..
and you accuse me of changing the subject

According to THIS you are silly.
Old 02-19-2022, 10:22 AM
Default History Repeats Itself

Many Many years ago, Greg Norman tried to start a tour of the best players. It fell dead. Now he is trying to do it again. Guys like Phil are prime for this. His playing ability is fading and all thats left is the senior tour. Not enough money for him......Phil is actually worth around 800 million.... If he donated to charity as much as he gambled the people in his state would have no hungry homeless. Its just a money grab.
Norman is the culprit here again, did you know he purposely missed his 2nd shot at the Masters to let Jack Nicklaus win! Here again, Norman cant play anymore so he is deep water fishing for money. And he has made a ton off of his business's, smart man, but still has a squishy side, just like Phil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueash View Post
You post saying:

And I post a list of other people who also would have to pay money for use of their own images because they also play professional sports..

Old 02-19-2022, 10:57 AM

Thanks for explaining. Makes perfect sense.
Old 02-19-2022, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
When you are the only game in town (PGA) you make all the rules and those that want to play are either in or out. When a competitor shows up rules change. I suspect the PGA will adjust their hold on the players.
There are tours all over the world for professional golfers including Europe, Asia, India, Korea, Japan, Australia, and South Africa to name a few. Many of the golfers from those regions prefer to play on the US PGA tour because of the money and competition.
Old 02-19-2022, 02:15 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueash View Post
You post saying:

Thank you for proving me correct about the prize money...

Saved me the time...

-Tom Petty
Old 02-19-2022, 02:16 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Iwaszko View Post
Many Many years ago, Greg Norman tried to start a tour of the best players. It fell dead. Now he is trying to do it again. Guys like Phil are prime for this. His playing ability is fading and all thats left is the senior tour. Not enough money for him......Phil is actually worth around 800 million.... If he donated to charity as much as he gambled the people in his state would have no hungry homeless. Its just a money grab.
Norman is the culprit here again, did you know he purposely missed his 2nd shot at the Masters to let Jack Nicklaus win! Here again, Norman cant play anymore so he is deep water fishing for money. And he has made a ton off of his business's, smart man, but still has a squishy side, just like Phil.
When did you become Mickleson's accountant?

-Tom Petty
Old 02-19-2022, 02:49 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,707 Times in 557 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Iwaszko View Post
"purposely missed his 2nd shot at the Masters to let Jack Nicklaus win."

Say what?! Is the earth really flat also? lol

Norman's idea of a separate tour back in the early 90's, was the impetus behind the eventual creation of WGC events, so he wasn't totally off in trying to establish something between the majors and regular tour events. I also read that Norman is somehow involved with Phil and this Saudi tour thing - but who knows? Worth an estimated $400M, I doubt Norman is losing sleep on figuring out how to make a few extra bucks.
Old 02-19-2022, 03:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,167 Times in 439 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
NEED? Who are you (or anyone else for that matter) to determine what someone needs?
Some statements are getting a little sassy!
Old 02-19-2022, 04:09 PM

benevolence is not Normans or Michelson motive, money loves money especially when its easy......
Old 02-19-2022, 06:00 PM

check the 86 masters video, 18th Hole for Norman, he bagged the 2nd shot 30 yards off line and bagged the putt,
the nite before he had spent 2 hours with Jack on his porch as reported by Barbara, Norman NOT Jack choreographed
the finish. He took one for the team.......but made it look acceptable....
Closed Thread

Tags
saudi, golf, league, mickelson, popcornpopcorn

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.