Tiger

Closed Thread
Old 04-15-2019, 11:12 PM

Not he GOD of Golf. He can do anything he wants.

Probably can also get his kids into any college LOL
Old 04-15-2019, 11:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by maureenod View Post
Just curious, thought players were required to wear a shirt with a collar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by daddymac1127 View Post

How To Dress
The following dress code is for all championship and executive golf courses, The Villages Golf Academy, driving ranges, warm-up nets and putting greens.
The acceptable golf attire includes, but is not limited to, the below:

Shoes must be worn at all times when on the golf courses. Tennis or golf shoes with soft spikes, or shoes with no more than a 1-inch heel, are mandatory.
Shorts or skirts must cover the majority of the thigh and may not be cut-off or have holes.
Denim pants are allowed.
No overall, tennis skirts, cut-offs, biking shorts, bathing suits or athletic exercise apparel.
Dress Code for Women
Fashion golf tops may be without a collar but should not expose the stomach and must have straps at least 2-inches wide.

Dress Code for Men
Shirts shall have a collar and sleeves. Turtle-necks or mock turtle-necks are acceptable. (Min. 1/4 inch collars.)

Last edited by CWGUY; 04-15-2019 at 11:43 PM.
Old 04-16-2019, 05:03 AM
Veteran member

Back to the original subject, not Tiger's fashion statements (and what about that gum chewing?!!!).....here is something going around Facebook that I think captures the spirit of Tiger's win very well.

"This is why I was rooting for Tiger today......

He had it all. Everything. Until he didn’t. And the fall was not a small one. It was documented everywhere. All his sins, and there were plenty, for the world to see. Whispers, finger pointing, head shaking, headlines.

Slowly, with almost nobody watching and even less believing, he started coming back. An injury almost ended the comeback before it even started. He persevered through that as well.

Today, with the world watching, he does it. A generation who years ago sat with their dads watching Tiger win sat with their own kids now and said, “watch this.” A generation inspired to become and excel at golf by watching Tiger on TV as kids watched one more time today as he passed them on the leaderboard.

His children who watched it all unfold over the last decade with their own parts in the story are waiting for him just off the 18th green. The mom who watched her son have it all, and then lose it all, is waiting too. She never left, by the way. Mommas almost never do.

The story isn’t perfect. They never are. We never are. But it’s a heck of a good one. Watch closely kids. Being great is one thing. Being great after falling out of grace takes twice as much work and ten times as much courage. That’s the good stuff in life. That’s why a bunch of old dudes got tears in their eyes today."

Drank the Kool-Aid and now own a home in Tamarind Grove. Yippee!!
Old 04-16-2019, 07:32 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddymac1127 View Post

Tiger made it into Stanford (and was reportedly a good student) on his own, as I'm pretty sure Earl didn't have the big bucks...to buy Tiger's way in.

Does Stanford give athletics scholarships? - Quora

Quote:
Stanford is different because if you look how they evaluate their applications, you will see that, “In some cases, exceptional abilities in athletics may influence our decision if the applicant is otherwise well qualified, but such abilities never, by themselves, ensure admission to Stanford.” See Our Selection Process
Old 04-16-2019, 07:33 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanabanana73 View Post
Back to the original subject, not Tiger's fashion statements (and what about that gum chewing?!!!).....here is something going around Facebook that I think captures the spirit of Tiger's win very well.

"This is why I was rooting for Tiger today......

He had it all. Everything. Until he didn’t. And the fall was not a small one. It was documented everywhere. All his sins, and there were plenty, for the world to see. Whispers, finger pointing, head shaking, headlines.

Slowly, with almost nobody watching and even less believing, he started coming back. An injury almost ended the comeback before it even started. He persevered through that as well.

Today, with the world watching, he does it. A generation who years ago sat with their dads watching Tiger win sat with their own kids now and said, “watch this.” A generation inspired to become and excel at golf by watching Tiger on TV as kids watched one more time today as he passed them on the leaderboard.

His children who watched it all unfold over the last decade with their own parts in the story are waiting for him just off the 18th green. The mom who watched her son have it all, and then lose it all, is waiting too. She never left, by the way. Mommas almost never do.

The story isn’t perfect. They never are. We never are. But it’s a heck of a good one. Watch closely kids. Being great is one thing. Being great after falling out of grace takes twice as much work and ten times as much courage. That’s the good stuff in life. That’s why a bunch of old dudes got tears in their eyes today."

Old 04-16-2019, 10:04 AM
Sage

"Hooked on a feeling." (poke here)

Quote:
The younger Adducci, a 39-year-old self-employed daytrader, was a nervous wreck. He flew from Wisconsin to Las Vegas earlier in the week to place the wager, which he claims to be his first-ever bet on sports in his life.

A man with a mortgage on his house, two student loans and two car loans decided he would take $85,000, which he said was "everything I had that I could afford to lose," and place it on Tiger.

Why? "I just thought it was pre-destined for him to win," Adducci explained when reached on the phone on Monday afternoon.
One could legitimately argue that it was a very reckless thing for him to do, especially given his financial situation at the time...but it certainly worked out.

Good for him!
Old 04-16-2019, 12:37 PM
Sage

An interesting opinion piece, on the current state and future...of the game so many of us love.

I really hope...the prediction is wrong.

Future of Golf. (poke here)
Quote:

For Matt Powell, VP and senior industry adviser at The NPD Group Inc., a monumental moment for a golf legend does not an industrywide rebound make.

“There are a lot of systemic headwinds for golf that are just not going away — in particular: Millennials are not picking up the game as quickly as Boomers are aging out of it,” explained Powell. “The game needs young people to be playing it to reverse its fortunes. I don’t think a 43-year-old guy winning a golf tournament is going to inspire young people to get out and pick up the game.’

Despite the inspiring message, Poser and Powell are both doubtful that Woods’ win will significantly resonate with teen males — the cohort on whom the future of the sport largely rests.
Old 04-16-2019, 02:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,748 Times in 1,385 Posts

Personal perspective, relativity, bias and interpretation tend to yield differing results.....which we have!
Old 04-16-2019, 02:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
Personal perspective, relativity, bias and interpretation tend to yield differing results.....which we have!
LET US GO TO THE VIDEO, SHALL WE. I have bias, but my relativity and interpretation can be PROVEN with ease
Old 04-16-2019, 03:10 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,298 Times in 819 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucco View Post
LET US GO TO THE VIDEO, SHALL WE. I have bias, but my relativity and interpretation can be PROVEN with ease
This video ?

Tiger Woods Rage Compilation - YouTube

Wonder how much admiration Tiger fans had for Sergio's talent and contributions to the game. He deserves to be forgiven too ? Way to go PGA. At least the NFL calls a penalty on poor sportsmanship.
Old 04-17-2019, 09:46 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Here's everything that needs to be said about Tiger.

Tiger has risen back to the very top of sports after Masters win — Skip Bayless | GOLF | UNDISPUTED - YouTube
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 04-17-2019, 09:55 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyp View Post
This video ?

Wonder how much admiration Tiger fans had for Sergio's talent and contributions to the game. He deserves to be forgiven too ? Way to go PGA. At least the NFL calls a penalty on poor sportsmanship.
Rage???? Are you serious? He hit some bad shots and showed a bit of emotion. Yes, he said "God Damn" but is that really rage? He might have all let a few F bombs fly over the years, but when you consider how many bad shots he has hit they are few and far between.

One of the things about Tiger is that he was caught in these moments because he was on camera so much more than any other player. The fact that there are enough clips of him reacting this way proves that. Many of the tour players react to bad shots this way but you couldn't find enough clips to make up a six minute video of any of them. Not because they don't do it, but because they are not on camera enough.

I'm not defending the F bombs and Tiger should be more aware that he is on camera with sound more than any other player current or past.

It's really difficult to compare it to other sports and other athletes because we usually don't get to hear what goes on on a football field or basketball court.

Se my previous post please. Tiger has done way more good in the world than bad.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 04-17-2019, 12:16 PM
Platinum member

Rage? A fit of violent anger? Where I come from Tiger's behavior in this video clip is borderline polite. Ok, not saying much about my roots however a. it is directed at himself and b. all it is is a slipped g-d or f-bomb.

To me rage is more like these examples:

John McEnroe’s angry outbursts - YouTube

TubeChop Jimmy Connors Tirade 1991 U S Open 00 40 - YouTube
Old 04-17-2019, 12:43 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
Rage???? Are you serious? He hit some bad shots and showed a bit of emotion. Yes, he said "God Damn" but is that really rage? He might have all let a few F bombs fly over the years, but when you consider how many bad shots he has hit they are few and far between.

One of the things about Tiger is that he was caught in these moments because he was on camera so much more than any other player. The fact that there are enough clips of him reacting this way proves that. Many of the tour players react to bad shots this way but you couldn't find enough clips to make up a six minute video of any of them. Not because they don't do it, but because they are not on camera enough.

I'm not defending the F bombs and Tiger should be more aware that he is on camera with sound more than any other player current or past.

It's really difficult to compare it to other sports and other athletes because we usually don't get to hear what goes on on a football field or basketball court.

Se my previous post please. Tiger has done way more good in the world than bad.
I totally agree. That wasn't even close to rage. I giggled at him talking to himself.
You want to see rage? Check out his wife attacking him with a golf club. If a man had done this, he'd be in jail for domestic violence. The double standard is alive and well.
Tiger Woods Wife Fight - YouTube
Old 04-17-2019, 02:15 PM
Sage

I think Tiger's supposed "rage," is very minor...compared to a lot of other folks.
Closed Thread

Tags
tiger, pups, show, young

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.