Tiger, Tiger...what have you done now?

Closed Thread
Old 05-29-2017, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapscallion St Croix View Post
There is speculation that he was coming from a restaurant that he owns. He actually got stopped at 3 am but wasn't booked until 7 am. Strange.
Not at all strange if you worked in law enforcement. Tiger certainly wasn't the only person who was arrested last night in that jurisdiction.
Average minds discuss events.
Small minds discuss people.

Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 05-29-2017, 05:50 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueash View Post
...Tiger was great for golf. He was the only player since Palmer who captured the interest of the non-golfer in the tournaments and the TV ratings.
Absolutely correct. Which of course has nothing to do with his quality as a human being.
Old 05-29-2017, 06:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Maybe today is the best day of his life and he just doesn't know it yet! Many people who are dead broke and many of his stature were arrested last night for DUI some will find sobriety some will continue to be a tornado thru other peoples lives. I glad he didn't kill or injure anyone when he was behind the wheel this time. Let's hope he seeks help let's hope he want's help. He must have found a place that served a good pour.
Old 05-29-2017, 06:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjim View Post
We followed Tiger in a number of pro golf tournaments and never liked his attitude nor the way he interacted with spectators. However, you saw little of that on television. No doubt he had the skills. What has happened is no great surprise.
I agree. Part of me understands that he was raised captive to his father's ambitions and had very little of a "normal" childhood, but it isn't surprising to me that he became a woman collector while he was still married as his dad never paid much tribute to his mom. I thought he was a smart aleck and way too full of himself, but I just knew when he was caught, called out, and publicly embarrassed for his serial philandering that that was probably the end of him. I suspect opioids may have something to do with his downfall. I was intrigued with his tremendous skill at first and then put off by his lack of manners and completely disgusted with his total lack of character.

There are those like Jack Nicklaus that never let us down when it came to his behavior off the course.
Old 05-29-2017, 06:36 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
...There are those like Jack Nicklaus that never let us down when it came to his behavior off the course.
Yep. Jack and Arnie are/were as good off the course as on.
Old 05-29-2017, 07:20 PM
Sage

Essentially you are suggesting that the cop take a bribe. Also, if he let him go (with or without the promise of golf lessons) and he subsequently gets in an accident then you really have a fine mess. Also, consider that Woods may not be a good teacher. Being a great golfer does not necessarily translate into being a great teacher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
I would like to know where he was? If it was a bar, they should of cut him off. If it was somebody's place, they should of had him stay over. If I was the cop and he said, how would like golf lessons from me, I'm Tiger Woods. I would get that in writing, and drive him home. I'm no fan of his, but I am a golfer and that would be quite an offer that no one could probably top. I guess he didn't think of that, or the cop wasn't a golfer or didn't believe in leniency, or the cop believes in treating every driver the same and to show no favortism, which is probably the right answer.
Old 05-29-2017, 09:54 PM

It's a shame when idols fall and break. Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio?
Old 05-30-2017, 05:27 AM

One news article this morning said it was a reaction caused by prescription meds which caused the problem. Until the DUI report and blood test result is made public maybe we should not yet be rendering judgement. No, I am nor excusing driving under the influence of prescription meds ( probably pain killers ) but do see how it could happen.
Old 05-30-2017, 05:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivaridger1 View Post
One news article this morning said it was a reaction caused by prescription meds which caused the problem. Until the DUI report and blood test result is made public maybe we should not yet be rendering judgement. No, I am nor excusing driving under the influence of prescription meds ( probably pain killers ) but do see how it could happen.
Yes. That is what he SAID.
Old 05-30-2017, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivaridger1 View Post
According to news reports he refused the breathalyzer test. A blood test would need a Court order and there is no way that would be done on a simple DUI. So basically it will come down to Tiger's word that he was under the influence of prescription drugs vs. the officer that he was driving under the influence of alcohol. Regardless he will have an automatic suspension of his license for the refusal of the breathalyzer.
Average minds discuss events.
Small minds discuss people.

Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 05-30-2017, 08:22 AM
Platinum member
Default Video

The police car cam may show his physical movement.
Old 05-30-2017, 08:43 AM
Gold member

Just read a newly released report.

He was charged with driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol and cited for improper stopping, standing, or parking in an illegal place.

To me this sounds like they did not pull him over, rather they came across him stopped illegally and proceeded from there.

I suggest that we all refrain from being judge and jury until the whole story (and arrest report) comes out.

Also, have you ever looked at yourself in the mirror at 7:00 am after being up all night? Let alone being in custody for the last 4 hours? For that matter, have you ever seen a "good" mug shot? Even people that smile or appear to be making an attempt to look good don't look so hot.
Old 05-30-2017, 08:45 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,316 Times in 2,053 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BogeyBoy View Post
Just read a newly released report.

He was charged with driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol and cited for improper stopping, standing, or parking in an illegal place.

To me this sounds like they did not pull him over, rather they came across him stopped illegally and proceeded from there.

I suggest that we all refrain from being judge and jury until the whole story (and arrest report) comes out.

Also, have you ever looked at yourself in the mirror at 7:00 am after being up all night? Let alone being in custody for the last 4 hours? For that matter, have you ever seen a "good" mug shot? Even people that smile or appear to be making an attempt to look good don't look so hot.
It is best to no judge these things until the facts come out.
Old 05-30-2017, 09:17 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by biker1 View Post
Essentially you are suggesting that the cop take a bribe. Also, if he let him go (with or without the promise of golf lessons) and he subsequently gets in an accident then you really have a fine mess. Also, consider that Woods may not be a good teacher. Being a great golfer does not necessarily translate into being a great teacher.
  • if he let him go (with or without the promise of golf lessons) and he subsequently gets in an accident then you really have a fine mess. If you're going to nitpick, I said drive him home, not let him go.

• consider that Woods may not be a good teacher. Being a great golfer does not necessarily translate into being a great teacher Consider, it doesn't matter. It's like saying, taking acting lessons from John Wayne is a bad idea because he wasn't a good actor.

• you are suggesting that the cop take a bribe. I put that in there to see how long it would take for someone to bite, I couldn't believe it took a whole day.

• The final answer is the last line of my post: the cop believes in treating every driver the same and to show no favortism, which is probably the right answer.
Old 05-30-2017, 10:07 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

I met Tiger and his father once at Stanford. It was not a pleasant experience. His father controlled everything, even who Tiger could talk to and what he could eat. This was a young, talented athlete in college -- a time when young men should be learning to grow by their mistakes and the mistakes of others. It did not seem that Tiger was ever taught how to relate to other people. He was taught how to play golf and make money. Once his father's control was gone, Tiger had to learn the finer points of being human. Sadly, I think this is still a work in progress.

I hope he gets through his latest mess without too much damage. I hope his golf game comes back. Most of all, I hope he finds to have a happy and full life.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Closed Thread

Tags
tiger, dui, morning

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.