Tiger Tournament

Closed Thread
Old 03-21-2018, 04:25 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

To
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
My post is clearly referring to most of that group of people who do have issues with Tiger. Some inference there...
Yep.....people like Fuzzy.
Old 03-21-2018, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
What a great torunament. Rory McIlroy wins by shooting 64 and making birdies on five of the last six holes.

Bryson DeChambeau was in it until the last hole. Stenson struggled, Justin Rose came close, but the cream rose to the top. This is what makes for a great PGA Tour event. Several of the best players in the world battling it out to the finish.

Tiger shot himself in the foot with a ball OB on 16 but still gave us a lot of thrills. The way that Rory finished it wouldn't have mattered. Tiger will win again eventually. He's still the biggest draw in professional golf. Like all of the greatest, he'll have his haters. Nothing anyone can do about that.

As for me, I enjoy seeing history being made. Tiger has made plenty and it's likely that he'll make more.
I agree. He is an amazing talent. To have taken off so much time from professional golf due to injuries, and actually be back in the hunt after just a few tournaments is nothing short of miraculous. I see people boycotting him because of his personal life, yet I'd be willing to bet they give another person, who shall not be named, a break when it comes to carousing with women, and generally being a poor role model . I don't watch Tiger because I think he's a choir boy. I watch him because he is such a tremendous athlete. Although, for the record, he supports numerous charity causes such as the Tiger Woods Foundation, Tiger Woods Learning Center, Shriners, Caddy for a Cure, etc. If I recall he was number one in the world for over 500 weeks. You won't see that happening again for awhile.
Old 03-22-2018, 09:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,927 Times in 2,453 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8notes View Post
I agree. He is an amazing talent. To have taken off so much time from professional golf due to injuries, and actually be back in the hunt after just a few tournaments is nothing short of miraculous. I see people boycotting him because of his personal life, yet I'd be willing to bet they give another person, who shall not be named, a break when it comes to carousing with women, and generally being a poor role model . I don't watch Tiger because I think he's a choir boy. I watch him because he is such a tremendous athlete. Although, for the record, he supports numerous charity causes such as the Tiger Woods Foundation, Tiger Woods Learning Center, Shriners, Caddy for a Cure, etc. If I recall he was number one in the world for over 500 weeks. You won't see that happening again for awhile.
I watch him because he is such a tremendous athlete

NOT. Soccer players are tremendous athlete's, MMA fighters are Tremendous athlete's. Golf is the only outdoor pro sport I know that Fat Slobs can compete. O I forgot about Pro Corn hole and Pro billiards.

Tiger had it all, He blew it. he hurt his back chopping hey it the weeds when his drive let the property. Instead of playing smart and just knocking ball in fairway he thought he was Tremendous Athlete. I watched tiger and he will hurt his back again swinging too hard. What waste of talent. His dad would probably be disappointed.
Old 03-22-2018, 09:55 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,950 Times in 829 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
I watch him because he is such a tremendous athlete

NOT. Soccer players are tremendous athlete's, MMA fighters are Tremendous athlete's. Golf is the only outdoor pro sport I know that Fat Slobs can compete. O I forgot about Pro Corn hole and Pro billiards.

Tiger had it all, He blew it. he hurt his back chopping hey it the weeds when his drive let the property. Instead of playing smart and just knocking ball in fairway he thought he was Tremendous Athlete. I watched tiger and he will hurt his back again swinging too hard. What waste of talent. His dad would probably be disappointed.
Clueless comment, todays pro golfers are truly tremendous athletes and practice fitness routines similar to other world class athletes.

Not many fat slobs on tour these days, John Daly on senior tour and "Beef" on regular tour. Guess what? They make more in a weekend than you did in the best year of your life.

Daly shot a 3-under 69 to finish at 14-under 202 and earned $322,500.

Beef won Spanish open 2016 earned $450,000

And about your comment "What a waste of talent"

Woods has won 79 official PGA Tour events, second only to Sam Snead, and six ahead of Jack Nicklaus with 73 wins. (See List of golfers with most PGA Tour wins.)
Woods has won 14 majors, second all time, behind Jack Nicklaus.
Woods is 14–1 when going into the final round of a major with at least a share of the lead.
Woods scoring average in 2000 is the lowest in PGA Tour history, both adjusted, 67.79, and unadjusted, 68.17.[1]
Woods has the lowest career scoring average in PGA Tour history.
Woods has amassed the most career earnings of any player in PGA Tour history (even after inflation is considered).
Woods is one of five players (along with Gene Sarazen, Ben Hogan, Gary Player, and Jack Nicklaus) to have won all four professional major championships in his career, known as the Career Grand Slam, and was the youngest to do so.[2]
Woods is the only player to have won all four professional major championships in a row, accomplishing the feat in the 2000–2001 seasons. This feat became known as the "Tiger Slam".
Woods set the all-time PGA Tour record for most consecutive cuts made, with 142. The streak started in 1998, he set the record at the 2003 Tour Championship with 114 (passing Byron Nelson's previous record of 113 and Jack Nicklaus at 105) and extended this mark to 142 before it ended on May 13, 2005 at the EDS Byron Nelson Championship. Many consider this to be one of the most remarkable golf accomplishments of all time, given the margin by which he broke the old record and given that during the streak, the next longest streak by any other player was usually only in the 10s or 20s.[3][4][5][6] It should be noted that when Byron Nelson played far fewer players made the cut in a given event.[citation needed]
Woods has won a record 25.2% (79 out of 313) of his professional starts on the PGA Tour. Think about that!
Woods is the only golfer to have won the U.S. Amateur three consecutive times (1994–96).

Yeah, what a waste....

Here's Tiger's home, what's yours look like?

th-jpg

Last edited by GoodLife; 03-22-2018 at 10:55 PM.
Old 03-23-2018, 08:34 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

I don't think anybody is denying the man's past achievements.

The issue is the inordinate coverage he gets based on his past and an ever hopeful current "resurrection" at the expense of covering those that are in fact CURRENTLY playing better than he is.

Simple as that!!
Old 03-23-2018, 08:53 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodLife View Post
...Yeah, what a waste.......
Yep. Think what all those numbers you quoted COULD have been.
Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post

The issue is the inordinate coverage he gets based on his past and an ever hopeful current "resurrection" at the expense of covering those that are in fact CURRENTLY playing better than he is.

Simple as that!!
Yep again.
Old 03-23-2018, 09:01 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,950 Times in 829 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post

Simple as that!!
If you read carefully you will see I was replying to a post that said "what a waste of talent" Nothing about coverage.
Old 03-23-2018, 09:20 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

Quote:
If you read carefully you will see I was replying to a post that said "what a waste of talent" Nothing about coverage.
Exactly how I read it.
Mine was a jump shift back to coverage and the media obsessing on such past achievements VS the his actual status of current play.

It is what it is and only time will bring the media mania back to the reality of the present......where he will or won't be playing better than today's best!! And back to fair coverage of current standings.
Old 03-23-2018, 10:14 AM
Sage

Quote:
Clueless comment, todays pro golfers are truly tremendous athletes and practice fitness routines similar to other world class athletes.

Not many fat slobs on tour these days, John Daly on senior tour and "Beef" on regular tour. Guess what? They make more in a weekend than you did in the best year of your life.

Woods has won 79 official PGA Tour events, second only to Sam Snead, and six ahead of Jack Nicklaus with 73 wins. (See List of golfers with most PGA Tour wins.)
Woods is 14–1 when going into the final round of a major with at least a share of the lead.
Woods scoring average in 2000 is the lowest in PGA Tour history, both adjusted, 67.79, and unadjusted, 68.17.[1]
Woods has amassed the most career earnings of any player in PGA Tour history (even after inflation is considered).
Woods is one of five players (along with Gene Sarazen, Ben Hogan, Gary Player, and Jack Nicklaus) to have won all four professional major championships in his career, known as the Career Grand Slam, and was the youngest to do so.[2]
Woods is the only player to have won all four professional major championships in a row, accomplishing the feat in the 2000–2001 seasons. This feat became known as the "Tiger Slam".
Woods set the all-time PGA Tour record for most consecutive cuts made, with 142. The streak started in 1998, he set the record at the 2003 Tour Championship with 114 (passing Byron Nelson's previous record of 113 and Jack Nicklaus at 105) and extended this mark to 142 before it ended on May 13, 2005 at the EDS Byron Nelson Championship. Many consider this to be one of the most remarkable golf accomplishments of all time, given the margin by which he broke the old record and given that during the streak, the next longest streak by any other player was usually only in the 10s or 20s.[3][4][5][6] It should be noted that when Byron Nelson played far fewer players made the cut in a given event.[citation needed]
Woods has won a record 25.2% (79 out of 313) of his professional starts on the PGA Tour. Think about that!
Woods is the only golfer to have won the U.S. Amateur three consecutive times (1994–96).

Yeah, what a waste....

Attachment 74543
So they made lots of money and wasted lot more with they're bad habits. I garrentee you I managed it lot better than your two examples.

But, he hasn't pass jack in majors and probably never will. He could of it he hadn't hooked up with the basketball players which lead him astray. This NEVER would of happen if his dad hadn't died. Tiger could of be the very best ever, but like mike Tyson he got too much money and distracted, at least Tyson had an excuse, he can from nowhere, no education or solid upper middle class life. Tiger didn't, his dad was army officer and only experienced the rich snobs that controlled county clubs.

After his wife found out he was popping whores and almost planted the 9 iron in his thick head. He couldn't hit fairway, hurt his back getting out of the hay fields. Tiger imploded himself. I agree, there are many great golfers that are in shape and there are lots that's not, which you don't see it other sports that you have to move.

You compare him to the old golfers, didn't they play 36 hole day and the clubs and balls was subpar compaired to today technology?

Golf has always be game for rich snobs and has bad history when it comes to common people. Today golf about money. Tiger is money maker.

I would rather look at his little gold digger wife's accomplishments. At least she's got good management skills.
Old 03-23-2018, 11:22 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

Quote:
So they made lots of money and wasted lot more with they're bad habits. I garrentee you I managed it lot better than your two examples.

But, he hasn't pass jack in majors and probably never will. He could of it he hadn't hooked up with the basketball players which lead him astray. This NEVER would of happen if his dad hadn't died. Tiger could of be the very best ever, but like mike Tyson he got too much money and distracted, at least Tyson had an excuse, he can from nowhere, no education or solid upper middle class life. Tiger didn't, his dad was army officer and only experienced the rich snobs that controlled county clubs.

After his wife found out he was popping whores and almost planted the 9 iron in his thick head. He couldn't hit fairway, hurt his back getting out of the hay fields. Tiger imploded himself. I agree, there are many great golfers that are in shape and there are lots that's not, which you don't see it other sports that you have to move.

You compare him to the old golfers, didn't they play 36 hole day and the clubs and balls was subpar compaired to today technology?

Golf has always be game for rich snobs and has bad history when it comes to common people. Today golf about money. Tiger is money maker.

I would rather look at his little gold digger wife's accomplishments. At least she's got good management skills.
Quote:

Here's Tiger's ex-wife's house. On the market for $49.5 million. Check out the layout, very calming. Ease back and enjoy.

Tiger Woods' Ex, Elin Nordegren, Selling $49.5M Florida Mansion | realtor.com(R)The Villages Florida

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Old 03-23-2018, 10:15 PM
Gold member
Location: Pittsburgh, Cincinnati,Chicago ,buffalo, Asheville ,Pittsburgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-Town View Post
Here's Tiger's ex-wife's house. On the market for $49.5 million. Check out the layout, very calming. Ease back and enjoy.

Tiger Woods' Ex, Elin Nordegren, Selling $49.5M Florida Mansion | realtor.com(R)The Villages Florida

Good for her
Old 03-24-2018, 04:11 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-Town View Post

I like it. The little gold digger new exactly what she was going to end up with and it wasn't tiger.
Old 03-24-2018, 04:18 PM
Sage

Quote:

Yeah, what a waste....

Attachment 74543

Again fat slobs can compete. There lots more if you can look at the field.
Old 03-24-2018, 05:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Again fat slobs can compete. There lots more if you can look at the field.
There are a few guys that appear to be out of shape, but it's that it's just their natural bodies. And there are not a lot of them. Take a look at the top fifty on the tour and you'll see that they are in great physical condition. You almost have to be today to compete at that level.

I often wonder how a guy like Tim Herron has played all these years, walking up and down those hills and hasn't lost a lot of weight. He hasn't won a whole lot, but he's made a living on The PGA Tour which can't be said about a whole lot of people in history. I worked on the practice tee at the Boston tournament a few years back and as I was walking back to my car, I saw Time Herron going into the fitness trailer. He may be a big guy but he keeps himself in pretty good shape for the shape that he is.

And if you don't think that golf is physically taxing, go to an event and follow a group for eighteen holes. You might be surprised at how taxing the walk is. Then consider that these guys are up hours before their tee time stretching. Then they hit balls, chip and putt for about an hour or more before their round. Then after the round, they might hit 500-1,000 balls before they go for their workout.

Even though a few (and it really is only a very few) players, like Herron, Beef, Jason Dufner look like they are not ripped athletes, they are in good shape. They have strength and tremendous flexibility. The rest of them are ripped athletes. You cannot play golf at that level if you are a fat, out of shape slob.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 03-25-2018, 05:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

I wonder what the viewership was this weekend. Bubba attacks a lot of viewers and Justin Thomas had a chance to get to #1 in the world, but I don't think a lot of people watched because of that.

Rory and DJ exited early so a lot of viewers were lost because of that.

But this is exactly why the networks treat Tiger like they do. If Tiger had been playing and especially if he reached the finals, viewership would have doubled.

A Rory Tiger final might have broken all records.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Closed Thread

Tags
tiger, tournament, 17th, place, playing

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.