Tiger wins!!!

Closed Thread
Old 12-05-2011, 05:03 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtJohn View Post
.............I don't care how far he hits his 9 iron. ..........
I hear Elin swings quite a nasty 9-iron................

(I just couldn't let that one pass by)

Thread hijack over - "We now return you to your regularly scheduled discussion."

Bill
Old 12-05-2011, 06:48 PM
Location: Currently in New Freedom PA. 2012, A Village of Sanibel resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill-n-Brillo View Post
I hear Elin swings quite a nasty 9-iron................

(I just couldn't let that one pass by)

Thread hijack over - "We now return you to your regularly scheduled discussion."

Bill
You know, Tiger never lied to Elin. She asked where he was going, and he said he was going out to play "A-round"
Old 12-06-2011, 03:23 AM
Gold member

Mabye Jack never got caught.

Luke 6:37
Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven
Old 12-06-2011, 09:10 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thumbs down Bankrupt

We may be becoming a morally bankrupt society when we honor people like him. It is not a case of judging as it does not take a genius to recognize a person who hurts his family, ignores children and is so selfish.And no, I don't think I have conducted myself as he has and I am more than familar with biblical quotes and meanings. I guess hitting a small ball into a hole and meeting or exceeding a target set up by others is cause enough to excuse his kind of behavior.
Old 12-06-2011, 12:37 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennBF View Post
We may be becoming a morally bankrupt society when we honor people like him. It is not a case of judging as it does not take a genius to recognize a person who hurts his family, ignores children and is so selfish.And no, I don't think I have conducted myself as he has and I am more than familar with biblical quotes and meanings. I guess hitting a small ball into a hole and meeting or exceeding a target set up by others is cause enough to excuse his kind of behavior.
Judgemental anonymous postings are irrelevant at any time, but particularly in a community forum where posters are effectively passing judgement on their neighbors.
Old 12-06-2011, 03:25 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thumbs down What??

Now we are going to the Bible to try to support a moral backrupt person like him. All for the purpose of being part of the crowd cheering him on in his quest to maintain the millions he receives from endorsements. .I think I will take the risk at being an offender the followers. Does everyone believe he has changed his behavior and is drug free, no longer being a woman chaser and concerned with him image? No one is challenging his outstanding work on the golf course just don't try to convince me he is a changed person as I have not seen it yet !!
I do cheer for Michelson and Garcia and the others who truly represent good people and want to help and support the children who look up to them at a tournament.
Old 12-06-2011, 03:34 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennBF View Post
Now we are going to the Bible to try to support a moral backrupt person like him. All for the purpose of being part of the crowd cheering him on in his quest to maintain the millions he receives from endorsements. .I think I will take the risk at being an offender the followers. Does everyone believe he has changed his behavior and is drug free, no longer being a woman chaser and concerned with him image? No one is challenging his outstanding work on the golf course just don't try to convince me he is a changed person as I have not seen it yet !!
I do cheer for Michelson and Garcia and the others who truly represent good people and want to help and support the children who look up to them at a tournament.
When I started this thread I said there would be people who did not agree that it was good that he won, but didn't count on this level of judgement. I certainly don't worship him, and would not go out of my way to meet him, but I admire his game - period. I also recognize that when he is doing well, the tour itself is a beneficiary along with michelson, garcia and all the other golfers who have made millions because of him. Just curious, what is your opinion of Rush Limbaugh?
Old 12-06-2011, 04:16 PM

I only have one complaint about Tiget's "BIG WIN". He won against a handpicked group of 17 players. Check the ranking of his highest ranked opponent in the tournament. I don't think he has made a comeback yet, just won a hohum tournament without much competition. Just my opinion and this is NOT a hate Tiger post. On a lighter note, we had our first snow of the season here today. Merry Christmas to all and I can't wait to get here in Feb.
Irish
South Amboy, NJ
St. Louis, MO
St. Charles, MO
Lake of the Ozarks, MO

"What if the Hokey Pokey really is what it's all about"?
Old 12-06-2011, 05:30 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Rover View Post
I only have one complaint about Tiget's "BIG WIN". He won against a handpicked group of 17 players. Check the ranking of his highest ranked opponent in the tournament. I don't think he has made a comeback yet, just won a hohum tournament without much competition. Just my opinion and this is NOT a hate Tiger post. On a lighter note, we had our first snow of the season here today. Merry Christmas to all and I can't wait to get here in Feb.
Irish
Merry Christmas back atcha. No question, it wasn't a big win in the traditional sense, but it was sort of a big deal given the recent circumstances. There were some pretty solid golfers in the event and Zach is no slouch, so it was meaningful to him. I would also imagine it was a big deal to nbc and golf channel, though I haven't seen the ratings numbers yet. Not necessarily a sign that he is back to '08 form, but trending up.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.