Tiger Woods isn't playing. Again.

Closed Thread
Old 06-20-2017, 03:17 PM
Sage

Woods' skills are on the decline because of age and injuries and, of course, he will never be the player he once was (when he was younger). Few athletes can compete at a high level after the age of 40 (Singh notwithstanding), even if they haven't had injuries (and Woods has had a lot of injuries). If he comes back and plays the PGA tour again, it is possible he could still win some tournaments but it seems doubtful he will be able to compete in the majors with the young guns out there. Nicklaus won the Masters at 46 and Watson came within a hair of winning the Open at age 59 but typically you don't see a lot of wins past the age of 40. In the last 50 years, only 18 majors have been won by players over the age of 40. Woods will be 42 at the end of the year. His best year was 2000 when he was 24.

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I agree. He was never a kind man like Nicklaus and Palmer. He was an arrogant hot head and everyone knows that anger will do you in on the course.

Athletes call what he did sportf**king and he really screwed up his image and his marriage and then sought "help" for it. I think he was abusing prescription drugs then and now his addiction is much worse.

When he was caught and publicly shamed after all of his "indiscretions", I knew then the loss of public adulation would be the end of his career. I don't think he will ever be what he was or even a shadow of it.

Tiger had a tyrant father and a wussy mom. He was a puppet for his dad. Some people can rise above being a child star and some can't.

I just never have liked his personality no matter how great his abilities were. And that is often the difference between male and female fans. But....I know plenty of men who agree with me.

Last edited by biker1; 06-21-2017 at 07:59 AM.
Old 06-21-2017, 07:43 AM
Sage

Who really cares about a filthy rich drugged out cheating has been with all the new talent showing up on a weekly basis. Not the sort of role model to expose our kids to.
Old 06-21-2017, 08:21 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thumbs down Know What You Mean

I worked at the US Open when it was played at Wing Foot in Westchester County NY. Tiger had police where ever he went and they protected him from all of the children trying to get his autograph. It was sad to see the kids stick their hands out for an autograph or touch his hand and he had what was like a body guard shove them away. This compared to the famous ones stay behind and sign for the kids and in some cases give them a ball, etc. I lost any and all respect for him after this!
Old 06-21-2017, 09:19 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,308 Times in 542 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennBF View Post
I worked at the US Open when it was played at Wing Foot in Westchester County NY. Tiger had police where ever he went and they protected him from all of the children trying to get his autograph. It was sad to see the kids stick their hands out for an autograph or touch his hand and he had what was like a body guard shove them away. This compared to the famous ones stay behind and sign for the kids and in some cases give them a ball, etc. I lost any and all respect for him after this!
You are spot on. We saw the same behavior several times. Tiger checked into a rehab center a few days ago. It appears he may be "hooked" on pain medication.
Old 06-21-2017, 09:32 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,911 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennBF View Post
Sort of like the character David Simms in "Tin Cup". I got my first inkling of his "sportsmanship" at his final US Amateur which he won on the 36th hole with a miraculous chip in. I saw a lot of jumping, yelling, and fist pumping. I also saw him walk right by his opponent who had his arm extended to shake his hand and congratulate him. It wasn't like it was his first time winning, so there's no excuse.
Old 06-21-2017, 01:54 PM
Sage

I know someone who saw Tiger with his father when he was just a kid. His father was the worst kind of tyrant and bully. Tiger had no kind of normal adolescence. You just don't get over that
Ecclesiasites 3:12
Closed Thread

Tags
make, woods, playing, tiger

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.