Timber Tech Champions Tournament

Closed Thread
Old 11-01-2020, 04:42 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,688 Times in 5,234 Posts
Default Timber Tech Champions Tournament

Darren Clarke just won the tournament. He is way overweight, smoking cigarettes on the course and driving a golf cart. I know they are all over 50, but, to me, it just doesn't make golf look like an Olympic sport.
Old 11-01-2020, 05:27 PM
Veteran member
Default Darren

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
Darren Clarke just won the tournament. He is way overweight, smoking cigarettes on the course and driving a golf cart. I know they are all over 50, but, to me, it just doesn't make golf look like an Olympic sport.
Good for him. Good for Fred Funk who made the cut in the PGA's Bermuda tournament at 64.

As far as Olympic sports go, maybe Sumo wrestling should be added. Lots of fat guys could then say they look like Olympians.
Old 11-01-2020, 08:30 PM
Thumbs up

I was routing for John Daly. He's my hero. Fat, smokes, drinks, and has several wives and still surviving (even with cancer).
Old 11-01-2020, 09:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,051 Times in 2,740 Posts

Darren Clark is one of my favorite all time golfers. I was in the back yard of a friends place at Harbor Town during a tournament he played in many years ago. The horn sounded and the rain/weather delay started. All the players went back to the clubhouse, except for Darren. Darren noticed we had a keg of beer and came over and hung out with us during the delay. He had several cold ones with us and had his caddy pull his box of good cuban cigars out of his golf bag. We had a blast, then the play resumed and back he went onto the course, where he went on fire and made it to the top of the leaderboard. The next morning at my friends place, a big truck pulled in, a couple of guys got out and brought in a keg of Guinness, with a note from Darren that read that we needed to drink some good beer instead of Budweiser. When he came by during his round, we poured him a glass of Guinness and he chugged it down as he walked down the fairway. It was a classic moment that you had to be there to appreciate. Glad he is still hitting them well, go Darren : ) You gotta love the Irish!
Old 11-02-2020, 06:49 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,770 Times in 3,638 Posts

Pick & Clean.

Tags
golf, tournament, make, olympic, timber

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.