Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyp View Post
Freudian? - how appropriate
Hah! I caught that too.
Steve
Old 04-01-2019, 08:59 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,741 Times in 1,382 Posts

I think it is unfair to the rest of the golfers when the announcers continue to use him as the bench mark or comparison.

Players that are on page one being compared to Tiger who may be on page 2 or out of the top 10....

As in well Tiger hit one like that yesterday or Tiger would have played it thus or so or Tiger usually plays this one thus or so.....

Yes he is a past great golfer as measured by his wins. And like all the other past great golfers he does make page one or the top ten and even a win....once in a while.

The Tiger mania? To each his own!! My standards for great are Nicklaus and Palmer and Norman.
Old 04-01-2019, 09:30 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,506 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
SNIP...>Again, I don't understand the Tiger hate that seems to be around. People who hate Tiger today blame his bad behavior with regards to his marriage, but I recall there being quite a bit of Tiger hate before that all happened.<...SNIP

Understanding the "Tiger hate," prior to his abhorrent personal actions came to light...is pretty easy to understand.

One only has to Google Fuzzy Zoeller's comment on the following year's dinner...after Tiger's first Master's win.
Old 04-03-2019, 09:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,262 Times in 800 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post

Understanding the "Tiger hate," prior to his abhorrent personal actions came to light...is pretty easy to understand.

One only has to Google Fuzzy Zoeller's comment on the following year's dinner...after Tiger's first Master's win.
I found this when following your Google thread. Seems the old boy talks to Deity a bit. In my workplace this would have been labeled "grounds for dismissal". Amazing how the standards change when fame and fortune enter the picture.

Tiger Woods Rage Compilation - YouTube
Old 04-03-2019, 11:53 AM
Sage

Quote:

I don’t believe racism was a large factor in “Tiger hate” prior to his indiscretions. I know many who were turned off by his aloofness. He was well known for refusing autographs, for skipping interviews with lesser known outlets, and for not supporting other members charitable endeavors. Prime example was his refusal to provide Brad Faxon with a few signed articles to support his charity tournament in RI. Every other pro Brad contacted either supported it by participating in the tournament or sending things to be auctioned.
Old 04-13-2019, 06:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyp View Post
It's obvious you worship the ground (and fairways) Tiger walks on and I don't. I do think he was and I say "was" a good golfer. The best of all times? How do you measure that. Many more tournaments per year, different equipment, etc. My explanation for dislike, actually a lack of respect is more appropriate - My children were in their early teens when Tiger was great. No way on this earth could I bring myself to say to them "go and emulate him". Then there is Kutch - does that smile ever leave his face?
Interesting that someone who WAS a GOOD golfer is now in the final group on the final of the Masters. He was also in the final group of The Open Championship last year and in the hunt for the PGA. This comeback from his injuries is nothing short of miraculous. There are not many people in the world that could have done that.

More people will tune in to the Masters tomorrow because of Tiger. More people watch golf and play golf because of Tiger. More young people and minorities now participate in golf because of Tiger. People who have no interest in golf watch when he is in contention. He has been very, very good for the game.

Yes, he made a mistake, a huge mistake, but he has also done a lot of good in the world. His Tiger Woods foundation helps thousands of people. I don't where one big mistake wipes out al of the good this man has done for the world and it certainly does not justify the hate that I hear from so many.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 04-13-2019, 06:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,506 Times in 677 Posts

Interesting that a whole lot of those who use Tiger's "mistakes" to supposedly justify their dislike for him, have no problem with others...who've done the same exact thing.

Maybe Tiger's real mistake...was not paying to try and hide what he did?
Old 07-18-2019, 01:10 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,478 Times in 711 Posts

Quote:
Interesting that a whole lot of those who use Tiger's "mistakes" to supposedly justify their dislike for him, have no problem with others...who've done the same exact thing.

Maybe Tiger's real mistake...was not paying to try and hide what he did?
That may be part of it.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Closed Thread

Tags
jordan, tiger, speith, add, wins

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.