Who else is LOVING watching Pro Golf Lately?

Closed Thread
Old 03-07-2021, 08:12 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,470 Times in 611 Posts
Default Who else is LOVING watching Pro Golf Lately?

I never watched golf much on TV until moving to 'TV' 7 years ago, and playing the sport myself. Now I try to watch as much as I can, esp weekends.

It was always quite interesting, esp with Tiger and other popular players in contention over the years.

But, for me, yesterday's round at Palmer Invitational in Orlando was SO exciting and special. Many excellent players making either terrible or simply outstanding shots, even 2 hole in ones. And of course Dechambeau and those power drives. A very tight talented Leaderboard leading to the final round today. A plus is watching along with cheers from patrons on the course.

and>>> Next week - The Players Championship - Hooray! Life is good.
Old 03-07-2021, 08:33 AM
Sage

Agree. Today should be a very enjoyable Sunday at the Palmer Invitational.

Combine the competition you describe and my opinion that Arnold Palmer is the greatest ever, what’s not to enjoy!!
Old 03-07-2021, 08:52 AM
Veteran member

Where is Tony (the lpga buff)
Old 03-07-2021, 09:18 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

I usually only watch the majors and a few other select tournaments, Arnies tournament being one of them. I might also watch the Players and the World Golf Championships because all of the top players are there.

What I don't like it this wrap around season where all of the top players tend to skip most of these early tournaments. I'm not interested in seeing Brian Gay go head to head with Robert Streb for a win.

If guys like that are in the hunt of a major with all of the best players, then they are interesting and God Bless them. But watching some of these early tournaments is like watching the Korn Ferry tour. Not interested.

I wouldn't wan to see two mediocre teams in the Super Bowl either.

Just my preferences.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 03-07-2021, 09:23 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,044 Times in 5,335 Posts

I do find many of these a great way to take a nap. Especially when I am not familiar with most of the players
Old 03-07-2021, 09:27 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
I do find many of these a great way to take a nap. Especially when I am not familiar with most of the players
Exactly
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 03-07-2021, 09:41 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
...I wouldn't wan to see two mediocre teams in the Super Bowl either...
Heheh. Not sure how teams that make the Super Bowl might be judged mediocre. All the teams compete to get to the biggest “major” in the sport.
Old 03-07-2021, 09:58 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,922 Times in 2,448 Posts

I watch golf, I wouldn’t say I love it, I do like watching the new young guns. I got interested when I seen Juan Antonio "Chi-Chi" Rodríguez. Didn’t have golden spoon ������. Kinda like Iranian tennis player Mansour Bahrami, from rages to riches. Most anybody can be good at sport if have the drive and taught from kindergarten by pro at the country club.
Old 03-07-2021, 10:25 AM
Gold member

The LPGA tournament is just up the road today in Ocala. You can watch it on the Golf Channel later today (Sunday) when that channel switches to cover the Palmer Invitational.
Old 03-07-2021, 10:34 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Last edited by John_W; 04-01-2021 at 04:34 PM.
Old 03-07-2021, 04:16 PM

Golf is one of the very few pro sports I will watch. And, at the moment, I can't think of another. (But we won't get into this.)

It's also great to put on some Sunday afternoon when you want to nap...
Old 03-07-2021, 05:01 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
Exactly
Actually a better way to take a nap is watching soccer.

If somebody figured out a way to add more scoring to the game might keep me awake but running up and down the field with almost nothing to show for it for 90 minutes usually will put me to sleep.
Old 03-07-2021, 05:20 PM

Now wait a minute Stu soccer is a great game I grew up playing at the German Stadium in the Bronx. Now it is a game where a player scores a goal and runs around like he was the only player on his team. I turn the game off and go to golf.
As for golf I took up the game when I moved down here some ten years ago . I watch it on occasion but don't know much about the players or even where they are playing. My best game is at the driving range.
Old 03-07-2021, 05:52 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNaughton View Post
Now wait a minute Stu soccer is a great game I grew up playing at the German Stadium in the Bronx. Now it is a game where a player scores a goal and runs around like he was the only player on his team. I turn the game off and go to golf.
As for golf I took up the game when I moved down here some ten years ago . I watch it on occasion but don't know much about the players or even where they are playing. My best game is at the driving range.
There are nuances of soccer that I will admit I do not get but not enough scoring.

Used to play golf regularly but my best games were when I was hitting the ball far and straight and had no clue why. Unfortunately those days were few and far between so eventually gave it up.

Now my favorite sport seems to be walking, get where I want to go with very little frustration with good exercise in between.
Old 03-07-2021, 07:13 PM
Veteran member
Talking Better than watching golf

When I look for something to do I just go outside and watch the grass grow and I think it's a lot more exciting than watching golf. And if you're really looking for something entertainment come out and watch me golf sometime
Closed Thread

Tags
players, round, esp, years, watching

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.