Yea, hole in one for Jordan Spieth

Closed Thread
Old 03-07-2021, 01:18 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,687 Times in 3,600 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
That was hole No. 2. Then, he hit his drive on 3 in the water.
I can do one of those.
Old 03-07-2021, 04:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,163 Times in 436 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
I can do one of those.
And then made PAR.....yea.....
Old 03-07-2021, 04:48 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,707 Times in 557 Posts

I would love to see Spieth start winning again consistently, because he's such a great young man, but it seems like he depends too much on those long, almost impossible putts (and amazing greenside hole-outs). I'm not sure where he currently stands in the rankings between 10 and 20 foot putts made, but it seems like he misses an awful lot of them. He either needs to start hitting it a lot closer to the hole, or make a higher percentage of those putts within 20'. The thought comes to mind that "he who lives by the seemingly impossible putts, dies by the same." Then again, I'm watching it taped right now (Spieth is on 6) so maybe he's already started doing so.
Old 03-07-2021, 04:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,163 Times in 436 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvbound View Post
I would love to see Spieth start winning again consistently, because he's such a great young man, but it seems like he depends too much on those long, almost impossible putts (and amazing greenside hole-outs). I'm not sure where he currently stands in the rankings between 10 and 20 foot putts made, but it seems like he misses an awful lot of them. He either needs to start hitting it a lot closer to the hole, or make a higher percentage of those putts within 20'. The thought comes to mind that "he who lives by the seemingly impossible putts, dies by the same." Then again, I'm watching it taped right now (Spieth is on 6) so maybe he's already started doing so.
On one hole he had 85 foot putt and it landed 1/4 inch short. I think he is actually a better long distance putter than short putter.
Old 03-07-2021, 07:02 PM
Default Jordon Speith

Did anyone else notice that Jordan's game started going downhill right after he got married?
Old 03-08-2021, 09:56 AM
Gold member

I really like Jordan, but don't understand how a professional golfer who hits thousands of practice shots can be so wild off the tee. He is constantly hacking it out of the right rough. One of the announcers on Saturday referred to Jordan as "Palmer-like". I'm not buying that - Jordan may be a good guy and very approachable, but Arnold Palmer did more for American golf than any other person. Ever. There is no comparison, and I wish these non-stop talking heads would just shut up sometimes.
Old 03-08-2021, 11:19 AM

I'll take Patrick reed any day.
Old 03-08-2021, 11:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by collie1228 View Post
I really like Jordan, but don't understand how a professional golfer who hits thousands of practice shots can be so wild off the tee. He is constantly hacking it out of the right rough. One of the announcers on Saturday referred to Jordan as "Palmer-like". I'm not buying that - Jordan may be a good guy and very approachable, but Arnold Palmer did more for American golf than any other person. Ever. There is no comparison, and I wish these non-stop talking heads would just shut up sometimes.
I think that the announcers were referring to the fact that Arnold Palmer was not the straightest driver of the ball and often found himself trying to get out of trouble. That's where the comparison ends. Palmer won a lot of tournaments in spite of hitting a lot of bad shots and taking a lot of risks.

Jordan Speith hits it off line and doesn't shoot good scores.

Phim Mickelson is a lot more like Arnold Palmer than Jordan Speith, so is Tiger for that matter.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 03-09-2021, 09:54 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Ohiobuckeye

Just because he hit a hole in 1 doesn’t mean he’s back & he’s going to start winning tournaments! It just means he got lucky & got a hole in 1.
Closed Thread

Tags
good, yea, hole, jordan, spieth

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.