Looking for Pool maintenance company

Closed Thread
Old 01-19-2021, 08:56 AM
Default Just fired T&D after 2.5 years

I had T&D and was very happy the first 2 years. These last 6 months or so were terrible. The tech couldn't get the chemicals right. I called several times asking what was going on because the reports were so off. I thought maybe they didn't take me seriously so I had my husband call. No improvement. They sent a ticket on December 3rd. I didn't get another one but knowing we were going down, I waited until we got there. The hot tub was in bad shape. I called on December 23rd and the supervisor was very apologetic and assured me she would change techs and it wouldn't happen again. She sent someone right out to drain and clean. I didn't get another ticket until 5:30 p.m. on January 8th. It said I had no bromide and that she didn't add any. I woke up to a text message from my renters on Saturday the 9th saying my hot tub had a big brown ring. I called the company phone rings, no answer, no voicemail. I called the store McKenzie said she was the only person working in the corporation on Saturdays and had no way of getting ahold of anyone. I sent emails to anyone I could find. Even after all of that, no one called me on Monday. I waited until afternoon and called them and cancelled any further service.
Old 01-19-2021, 09:13 AM
Default We use ASP 352-861-7229. Small family owned.

We use ASP 352-861-7229.
Small co. Family run. Bobby comes every week and does a great job!
Old 01-19-2021, 09:20 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,131 Times in 417 Posts

T&D Pool and Spa (352-748-0044)

Don’t even think twice.
Old 01-19-2021, 09:36 AM

Pinch A Penny out of Leesburg 352-315-1111, family owned, There is one in The Villages- 532 N Hwy 24/441 also. 352-561-4331.
I use the Leesburg one, again, family owned franchise so can't vouch for The Village one. $125/month, I've only been here since mid November but the person shows up every week, cleans,tests, adds what's needed, sends email with what they have done along with a picture of the pool. Seems good to me.
Old 01-19-2021, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by housekelly View Post
Any suggestions on weekly pool maintenance company that shows up every week. Have not had good luck with the past 2 companies. Thank you
Stollar Pool Service..... 352-303-9711
Very efficient, competitively priced, shows up every week same time (approximate) same day and very cordial.
Old 01-19-2021, 09:49 AM

I previously used Tri County Pool and Spa in Leesburg. They did a great job on my hot tub. No longer use them since I no longer have a hot tub.
Old 01-19-2021, 10:12 AM

We switched to Orca- they do a much better job than our old company. They really do rinse out the filter each week- not just once every month or month and a half like the old company. Orca tech knows chemistry better too. Pretty sure our old tech was lazy because once when he was off we had a young lady that did much more than the lazy guy!!
Old 01-19-2021, 10:47 AM

Here one year - used T&D and Sparkling.

Re TD - like most everyone else states - they have one of the highest prices and it all depends on the technician as to the quality of clean.

TD will frequently rotate techs to accommodate personnel issues. The techs have no control over their routes. We had 7 different techs work our pool - one was outstanding - one was good - the rest were an embarrassment to the company as they didn’t seem to know basic concepts and they loved to solve all problems by “shocking” the water.

Re - sparkling - we had 2 techs. Both didn’t do a good job of scrubbing the sides - algae was missed that had accumulated on the ladder and above the scupper area. They both spent about 15 minutes with a 10,000 gallon pool. We only used them for a couple of weeks.

Like some have said - it is easy to do it yourself. That’s what we are doing now. You’ll have to spend a couple 100 getting a quality test kit and cleaning equipment. Depending upon if u have a tab or salt pool - there will be chemical and salt expenses.

It’s my opinion that many pool owners have no idea or don’t want to know about the care of their pools. That’s fine if u have a knowledgeable tech consistently working the pool.

If you don’t and you don’t know anything about pool maintenance/issues you could very quickly end up facing expensive corrections.
Old 01-19-2021, 12:52 PM

T & D Pool are merging with another company(i forgot the name) and there personal are not happy.
I use a person that went out on her own and seem to be quite knowledgeable. Her name is Lauren 352.348.0964
Old 01-19-2021, 05:43 PM

I had t and d for my old pool same person and she did a great job. Very happy for sure. 5 years. Built a new pool in new house 4 years ago went thru way to many techs didn’t always show up and many deposit problems. Switched to pinch a penny and so far so good abd no deposits.
Closed Thread

Tags
pool, maintenance, company, companies, past

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.