Oil Change at Tire Choice

Closed Thread
Old 08-26-2015, 12:59 PM
Default Oil Change at Tire Choice

Went to the Tire Choice at 3949 Wedgwood Lane last Friday. Walked in and was completely ignored by the manager and another service rep who stayed on the phone. Was about to leave when the service manager came in from the shop. He was leaving but said that I could get a $19.95 oil change in a few minutes. Well, the "few minutes" turned out to be two hours. The $19.95 oil change totaled $31.54 after adding $3.00 for and additional quart of oil (for the 6 cylinder car), $2.90 to recycle my old oil, $3.59 for a shop supply fee and $2.06 in taxes. I know that it all adds up to $31.50 but I guess that the extra 4 cents is important to them.
They do include a tire rotation with the oil change but that is to entice you to spend another $29.99 for a four wheel balance. I regret allowing them to rotate the tires because the front wheel balance was way off (it started with a slow waltz at 52 MPH and by 60 MPH, the car was doing the boogaloo). I paid my car dealership to re-balance the front tires. The car is good now. My total experience was bad. They wasted my time and overcharged me. I'll get over that. What bothers me the most is their attitude. I don't need a service provider to ignore me and then behave as though he doing me a favor.
Old 08-26-2015, 01:08 PM
Sage

This is why I do oil changes myself. It is actually a pretty easy job and only takes me about 20 mins. and I use OEM oil filters and synthetic oil. I also cut my own grass. I am fundamentally opposed to paying someone to do something that I am not only perfectly able to do myself but chances are I will also do a better job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJMike View Post
Went to the Tire Choice at 3949 Wedgwood Lane last Friday. Walked in and was completely ignored by the manager and another service rep who stayed on the phone. Was about to leave when the service manager came in from the shop. He was leaving but said that I could get a $19.95 oil change in a few minutes. Well, the "few minutes" turned out to be two hours. The $19.95 oil change totaled $31.54 after adding $3.00 for and additional quart of oil (for the 6 cylinder car), $2.90 to recycle my old oil, $3.59 for a shop supply fee and $2.06 in taxes. I know that it all adds up to $31.50 but I guess that the extra 4 cents is important to them.
They do include a tire rotation with the oil change but that is to entice you to spend another $29.99 for a four wheel balance. I regret allowing them to rotate the tires because the front wheel balance was way off (it started with a slow waltz at 52 MPH and by 60 MPH, the car was doing the boogaloo). I paid my car dealership to re-balance the front tires. The car is good now. My total experience was bad. They wasted my time and overcharged me. I'll get over that. What bothers me the most is their attitude. I don't need a service provider to ignore me and then behave as though he doing me a favor.
Old 08-26-2015, 03:04 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Tire Choice is notorious and I am surprised they are still in business. I wonder if they have been reported to Senior v Crimes? You have a legitimate complaint and you may want to inform them of your experience.
Hopefully others on TOTV who have been taken by this business ought to call also
Closed Thread

Tags
oil, car, change, tire, service, wheel, balance, $19.95, mph, front, tires, minutes, manager, shop, choice, allowing, regret, rotate, ignore, provider, behave, rotation, include, favor, entice

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.