Dog Feces Disposal- Request for group action!

Old 08-18-2012, 09:52 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,295 Times in 2,044 Posts
Default The Villages should remain friendly to dog walkers/owners/lovers...

...and get something like these for places where dog owners take their pets. Pet waste stations and dog waste stations for municipalities, property managers, parks, dog parks, apartments, condos and more!
Old 08-18-2012, 09:58 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Bill!!! Where is the popcorn???? We have another canine feces thread.

I love dogs.
We have cats.
On it, Gracie......

Bill
Old 08-18-2012, 10:03 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regor View Post
Lets see now..You take your dog to an area where lots of dogs crap. They walk around in the mess that doesn't always get cleaned up as well as it should. Most dogs don't wear rubber boots when walking in this kind of area. And they love to stick there cute little nose right down in the grass to get a better smell of what was deposited there!Then when the little darling is done doing his business, he jumps into the cart/car without cleaning his feet! Sometimes he even gets to sit on the owners lap for the drive home and gives his kind master a nice lick and nuzzle for being so kind! And to think I use a germicide to wipe down a grocery cart handle!
This is exactly what I think. The dog can walk worms and other parasites, not to mention e. coli from the dog manure they walk in and sniff, into the house. Then you go barefoot in the house and can get worms and parasites thru the skin on the soles of your feet. Worse yet, dumb people let the dog lick their ice cream cone or their face (and then take pride in eating only "organic" or vegan diet). Totally brainless.

This is why we don't walk our dog to the postal station, where there are 5,000 pee spots to sniff and doodoo on. There are miles of other places to walk the dog....AFTER it's done most of its dooooty in your OWN yard.
Old 08-18-2012, 10:08 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
So people who don't own pets should fund these stations and pay for replacement bags for those who choose to have pets? And this only covers half the battle. In my experience, most pet owners carry their own bags, it's just the disposal of these bags that is the problem. The mail stations are not dog parks!

There is a solution that is absolutely free of cost and does not inconvenience non-pet owners. Bag the stuff and take it home for disposal.
Old 08-18-2012, 10:16 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeod View Post
So people who don't own pets should fund these stations and pay for replacement bags for those who choose to have pets? And this only covers half the battle. In my experience, most pet owners carry their own bags, it's just the disposal of these bags that is the problem. The mail stations are not dog parks!

There is a solution that is absolutely free of cost and does not inconvenience non-pet owners. Bag the stuff and take it home for disposal.
I have to agree.

I don't have a dog of my own but.......

I love a lot of doggies who belong to my friends and neighbors and they do just that. And I would do just that if I had a dog. My kids and my pets are NOT the responsibility of others. I take care of my own and I try to not let my kids and my pets bother other people so that my kids and my pets grew up being liked by others.

Is that political?
Old 08-18-2012, 10:18 AM

My dogs mess is no ones responsibility but mine. I am really tired of all these supposed "dog lovers" carping about their rights to allow their pets to do their business when ever and where ever they please. Provide pails, provide bags and then leave it at the postal station ??? Give me a break. First off, no one is supposed to walk their dog on postal station property. It is not anyones job to help you walk your dog and then ask everyone else to pay for supplies and endure the stink. I am a true dog lover, heres how I treat my good friend. I walk her on my property, I pick up, then I put her in my golf cart and take her to our favorite spot where she can run and get all the exercise she needs. She knows if she does her business, then its time to go play. Because I love that dog, I do my best to see that she is not a problem for others. Maybe that is why so many of our neighbors stop at our driveway just to play with her. Good dog, no problem.
Old 08-18-2012, 10:29 AM

I know THIS will cause more commotion! So what do you do when you SEE a dog and it's owner walking on mailbox, or other public property and doing it's business? Goodness knows we see it every day. They drive to the mail stations and use the grass behind the station by the courts. Do you:
1) Stop them and ask them politely to pick up the dog poop and carry it home
2) Remind them of the clean up and watch
3) Call CW and turn them in with their golf cart/car description.
Get the DNA of the dog so they know it was theirs
4) Do nothing, knowing it won't make a difference. ok, ok.. hit me now
5) Walk away in disgust. Again knowing people

Also incur the wrath of those you do say something to, or the ignoring of those people when you tell them, or the "what's the big deal attitude" if everyone else does it!
Old 08-18-2012, 10:37 AM
Gold member

Can you imagine,if they let people walk their dogs on the golf course?
Old 08-18-2012, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulandjean View Post
Can you imagine,if they let people walk their dogs on the golf course?
Ewwww, some people still lick their golf balls to clean them, or their fingers and rub the ball clean. Just think if that ball landed in or rolled though a dog log. But, maybe you could use it to tee the ball up for a better shot!
Old 08-18-2012, 10:46 AM
Sage

I can't believe it is another dog poop thread. I really can't. Is there any aspect of dog poop that has not been thoroughly debated?
Old 08-18-2012, 10:52 AM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog53 View Post
Ewwww, some people still lick their golf balls to clean them, or their fingers and rub the ball clean. Just think if that ball landed in or rolled though a dog log. But, maybe you could use it to tee the ball up for a better shot!
there are lots of other critters that roam the courses after the ones with clubs golf balls and tees roam them - who knows what those golf balls hare encountered and/or rolled thru!

Old 08-18-2012, 10:55 AM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

such a simple solution to dog poop at the mail stations - place signs at each station that state "no dogs allowed" and remove the trash cans! your dog's poop and your junk mail can all be deposited in the same trash can at home!

what could be easier?

Old 08-18-2012, 10:59 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulandjean View Post
Rules are rules, You wanted a dog,its your responsibily to clean it up and take home his mess. If you want to walk your dog,do where humans do not walk. You have to follow the rules,think we should fine dog owners if their dog make mistakes.
I would only agree to that if they also fine the folks that allow their kids to poop in the pool and don't clean it up. Yep, happened last week at O'dell.
Old 08-18-2012, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomoho View Post
I would only agree to that if they also fine the folks that allow their kids to poop in the pool and don't clean it up. Yep, happened last week at O'dell.
Geez. THAT'S another reason for one's own pool. I was talking to a worker who had just come from the theme parks and he said the neices/nephews and his kids were "bragging" on how many times they PEED in the pools/slides!
Old 08-18-2012, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbchbum View Post
such a simple solution to dog poop at the mail stations - place signs at each station that state "no dogs allowed" and remove the trash cans! your dog's poop and your junk mail can all be deposited in the same trash can at home!

what could be easier?

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.