Dog Feces Disposal- Request for group action!

Old 08-18-2012, 11:13 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

who is picking up the bear poop
Old 08-18-2012, 11:34 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by shcisamax View Post
I can't believe it is another dog poop thread. I really can't. Is there any aspect of dog poop that has not been thoroughly debated?
The heck with banning political posts, I think they should ban dog poop threads!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beartrack View Post
... then I put her in my golf cart and take her to our favorite spot where she can run and get all the exercise she needs.
Only three small Villages dog parks for 100,000 residents plus their mutts (two allowed per household). Of course there's a problem.
Old 08-18-2012, 11:59 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,295 Times in 2,044 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbchbum View Post
such a simple solution to dog poop at the mail stations - place signs at each station that state "no dogs allowed" and remove the trash cans! your dog's poop and your junk mail can all be deposited in the same trash can at home!

what could be easier?
Seems heavy handed just so people can socialize at the mail center without smelling something bad. Garbage stinks. If someone put some food into the garbage cans at the mail center, it would start to stink in the heat after several hours.

People should pick up the poop but have a reasonable place to put it like a trash receptacle.

http://articles.nydailynews.com/2012...r-plastic-bags

NYC boroughs see 145,000 tons of dog poop per year. Most of this is thrown into city trash cans. I wonder what happens to the poop in NYC, when they take away the trash cans??
Old 08-18-2012, 12:08 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regor View Post
Lets see now..You take your dog to an area where lots of dogs crap. They walk around in the mess that doesn't always get cleaned up as well as it should. Most dogs don't wear rubber boots when walking in this kind of area. And they love to stick there cute little nose right down in the grass to get a better smell of what was deposited there!Then when the little darling is done doing his business, he jumps into the cart/car without cleaning his feet! Sometimes he even gets to sit on the owners lap for the drive home and gives his kind master a nice lick and nuzzle for being so kind! And to think I use a germicide to wipe down a grocery cart handle!
How about those who wear shoes in their homes?? They step in everything imaginable, poop, spit, blood, urine from public bathrooms and every other gross thing out there. Then they wear their shoes on their carpet and tile. Yuck?
Old 08-18-2012, 12:25 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happinow View Post
How about those who wear shoes in their homes?? They step in everything imaginable, poop, spit, blood, urine from public bathrooms and every other gross thing out there. Then they wear their shoes on their carpet and tile. Yuck?
We need a Patty post.
Old 08-18-2012, 12:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomoho View Post
Wow - that's a little strong. Dogs need exercise and walking circles around my house doesn't do me or the dog any good. Responsible dog owners pick up their dog's mess and pay what you pay to live in this community and should have equal access. I always try to have my dog poop in a certain non public area, but I can't control everything. Sometimes when you gotta go you gotta go
Don't have a dog, go to the mail station but, don't urinate on the bushes!
Old 08-18-2012, 12:28 PM
Default Made my day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonerboy View Post
And while your at it, make sure that dog of yours has 2 inch wide straps on it's top!
Old 08-18-2012, 12:30 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
Why? Just take it home.................
Old 08-18-2012, 12:33 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by beartrack View Post
My dogs mess is no ones responsibility but mine. I am really tired of all these supposed "dog lovers" carping about their rights to allow their pets to do their business when ever and where ever they please. Provide pails, provide bags and then leave it at the postal station ??? Give me a break. First off, no one is supposed to walk their dog on postal station property. It is not anyones job to help you walk your dog and then ask everyone else to pay for supplies and endure the stink. I am a true dog lover, heres how I treat my good friend. I walk her on my property, I pick up, then I put her in my golf cart and take her to our favorite spot where she can run and get all the exercise she needs. She knows if she does her business, then its time to go play. Because I love that dog, I do my best to see that she is not a problem for others. Maybe that is why so many of our neighbors stop at our driveway just to play with her. Good dog, no problem.
We need more dog owners like you.
Old 08-18-2012, 12:34 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by shcisamax View Post
I can't believe it is another dog poop thread. I really can't. Is there any aspect of dog poop that has not been thoroughly debated?
Quality?
Old 08-18-2012, 12:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happinow View Post

Now that is indeed a challenging problem. I am not sure how to solve that issue. We could learn to fly?

Or are all of us getting old and silly?
Old 08-18-2012, 12:36 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
The heck with banning political posts, I think they should ban dog poop threads!

Only three small Villages dog parks for 100,000 residents plus their mutts (two allowed per household). Of course there's a problem.
Lots of back yards!
Old 08-18-2012, 12:36 PM
Platinum member
Default I agree!

Originally Posted by beartrack :
My dogs mess is no ones responsibility but mine. I am really tired of all these supposed "dog lovers" carping about their rights to allow their pets to do their business when ever and where ever they please. Provide pails, provide bags and then leave it at the postal station ??? Give me a break. First off, no one is supposed to walk their dog on postal station property. It is not anyones job to help you walk your dog and then ask everyone else to pay for supplies and endure the stink. I am a true dog lover, heres how I treat my good friend. I walk her on my property, I pick up, then I put her in my golf cart and take her to our favorite spot where she can run and get all the exercise she needs. She knows if she does her business, then its time to go play. Because I love that dog, I do my best to see that she is not a problem for others. Maybe that is why so many of our neighbors stop at our driveway just to play with her. Good dog, no problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
We need more dog owners like you.
I agree! That's a great post!

"Do no harm" (but take no sh**!)
Old 08-18-2012, 12:38 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by donkobes View Post
At our mail room, the trash receptacles now carry a sign “No Animal Feces, Please”. I’m not sure if this is local signage, or univeral touching all mail rooms. I understand the reasons for the signage, but doubt that this approach will work. People are reluctant to take smelly feces home in their cars, and likely will simply ignore the signs.

I suggest instead, they create one waste receptacle (maybe in a special color) somewhere in the dog “walking area” labeled “Animal Feces Only”.

I think this approach might have a chance of succeeding, mostly.

Don Kobes
Speaking as the self-appointed President of the Puppy Defense League (hereafter referred to as the PDL) I disagree that there should be puppy-poop-containers at the mail centers.

Ever walk by the Puppy-poop-containers at the dog park? They reek, they create a fly problem, they are just gross.

I personally don't like to walk my little PUMP-KIN in areas where other dogs poop and pee. Grant it, most of the dogs around here look pretty healthy, but you never know.

Be civilized, take your poop home with you, or do the smart thing, let them go on your neighbors lawn when nobody is looking. DUH, how hard is this to figure out.

Y'know that part of your brain that tells you "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!" I think I'm missing it.
Old 08-18-2012, 12:40 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Lots of back yards!
Bogie, dogs need lots of exercise. They get dizzy running in circles in the back yard. That's why people walk their dogs to pick up the mail.

My only point was that I feel there would be less complaints about dogs if there were more dog parks provided by The Villages. But I personally don't have a problem, I just pay to take my dogs to a private dog park.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.