Dog Park Focus Group

Dog Park Focus Group

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Dog Park Focus Group
Old 04-04-2009, 09:08 AM

Smile Dog Park Focus Group

Hi All Dog Owners and Noon-Dog Owners Alike,

John Rohan, Assistant District Manager, has provided the following update on the dog park: The AAC directed Staff and AAC member John Wilcox to form a focus group to look at dog park programming on a global level for the community. The Focus Group is scheduled to commence on April 16th, 2009 at 2:00pm at the Savannah Center.

Whether your are in favor, or not, if you have an opinion, your presence is appreciated.

Old 04-04-2009, 11:17 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Responsible Dog Owners View Post
Hi All Dog Owners and Noon-Dog Owners Alike,

John Rohan, Assistant District Manager, has provided the following update on the dog park: The AAC directed Staff and AAC member John Wilcox to form a focus group to look at dog park programming on a global level for the community. The Focus Group is scheduled to commence on April 16th, 2009 at 2:00pm at the Savannah Center.

Whether your are in favor, or not, if you have an opinion, your presence is appreciated.

Excellent. I'm glad to hear that there will finally be some focus on the much-needed topic of Dog Parks in The Villages.
Sponsored Links
Dog Parks
Old 04-17-2009, 08:04 AM
Golden Sunrise Member

Default Dog Parks

Hi RDOG,

Would you give us an update on yesterday's meeting. I am not in TV until the end of the month, but am interested in the type of input you received.

Thank you,

Kate (and Finley who wants a dog park near his new home)
Old 04-17-2009, 02:08 PM

Thumbs up Dog Park Organization Meeting

Hi Kate,

Thank you for your interest. At this point, a group of 12 residents (from yesterday's group of 35) with a range of opinions from non-dog owners, RDOG and DDR representatives, and residents from south of 466 will be meeting, 4/20. I will be updating this thread following that meeting. Please be patient, you will be kept well informed.

Thank you all for your support.

Karen
Old 04-17-2009, 06:56 PM
Golden Sunrise Member

Hi Karen,

Thank you. I'm sorry that I could not be there to participate.

Kate
Old 04-23-2009, 03:28 PM

Hi Karen
We have 1 car and my husband works so can't make it to all meetings
but really would love to have a dog park near 466A
have 2 dogs would be able to take them in golf cart.
Old 04-23-2009, 06:57 PM
Sage

Guess Ill throw in my 2 cents for what its worth.

The new dog park next to the archery range on the historic side of The Villages was an excellent idea and very badly needed. However, grass was never planted in the park and consequently every time I take my dogs there they come home really grungy dirty and so do I. In fact I got so disgusted with the dirt that I take my dogs in the car to Doggie Do Run on 101 off of 466. It is much cleaner and much larger. Just a small recommendation for future doggie parks. I have heard many people complaining about this, so its not just me being a grump.

Unfortunately I am not in The Villages now or I would be happy to attend the meetings.

There is no difficulty on earth that enough love will not conquer.
Old 04-23-2009, 07:19 PM
Sage

There is another thread where you can vote on the dog park issue. I hope that all dog people go there and vote.
Dog Park on 466A behind fire station CLOSED!
Old 02-06-2012, 04:08 AM

Unhappy Dog Park on 466A behind fire station CLOSED!

Why must THIS particular dog park close during the mid-day hours? And although the sign says it's closed from 11a - 2p, many times staff at Seabreeze Rec Cntr who are assigned to open it, forget to do so. I've been told (by various "Community Watch" people who were closing it prior to the Seabreeze Rec Cntr staff doing so), the purpose is:
1) to preserve the grass
2) to clean the park
3) to protect people from being there during mid-day hours when it's too hot out.

All these reasons seem pretty bogus to me. Seems strange this is the only park that needs the grass preserved, cleaning, or someone to regulate (for adults, no less), when the whether is too hot.

It's ironic that when we're locked out at 11a and a handful of us leave and go to one of the other dog parks in The Villages.

Do you know WHO EXACTLY, I CAN CONTACT ABOUT NOT LOCKING US OUT? When I've asked folks from Seabreeze Rec Cntr (or, the folks in the "Community Watch" vehicles who used to come) who close the park at 11, I've been told various things including, but not limited to:
1) the fire dept
2) Seabreeze Rec Center
3) the owner of the property that is behind the dog park
4) the Morse family
All of which are wrong.

HOW CAN THIS BE RESOLVED??
Useless dog park
Old 02-06-2012, 04:17 AM

Default Useless dog park

Sadly, the dog park in the historic section near the archery range is useless. I've heard this sentiment from many dog owners. For us, everytime we (used to) go there, we'd have to:
1) remember to wear old shoes, as it's difficult to impossible to get the graphite-like sand off them;
2) CARRY the dog into the bathroom to be bathed as soon as we get home, as the graphite-like sand CAN'T be vacuumed out to the carpet. The only way to get it out is to hire a professional carpet cleaning service.
Does anyone know a way we can get this resolved?