looking for vet

Old 06-18-2013, 02:56 PM
Default looking for vet

looking for reasonable vet to take care of 3 dogs..need someone close to villages. what is reasonable cost for office visit & shots.
Old 06-18-2013, 03:34 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by baileysdad View Post
looking for reasonable vet to take care of 3 dogs..need someone close to villages. what is reasonable cost for office visit & shots.
Oh dear, don't say three dogs, you'll unleash the wrath of the dog police.

Our primary vet is Dr. Tim Porter
He is more of an old-fashioned vet
354 Shopping Center Drive
Wildwood
352-748-6348

We sometimes use Buffalo Ridge on CR 466
They have a "high tech" office with lots of people in white coats
352-750-4711
They have a 24 hour Emergency Service

I think Dr. Porter will give you a "family" discount if you have more than one dog. I don't think Buffalo Ridge offers that discount.

There is also a vet service that visits Doggie Doo Run Run, the private dog park on CR 101, north of CR 466. I think the visits are scheduled every two weeks in the winter, perhaps less in the summer. They aren't a full service vet, but do give some shots. If you want more info, please PM me.
Old 06-19-2013, 09:36 AM

Dr. Mark Wilson, he travels to different locations. Call this number and a recording will tell you where he will be, it changes every week. This Sunday he will be in Belleview. He is the Vet for a zoo. He gives low cost shots. 352-867-7788
Old 06-19-2013, 10:26 AM
Bosoxfan

We take our girl to Live Oak on 475 in Summerfield.We highly reccommend them .it's about a half hour drive but worth the trip.We find them to be very inexpensive compared to the vets up north. Very caring staff.
Old 06-19-2013, 10:35 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts
Default Buffalo Ridge

We are extremely happy with all of the vets at Buffalo Ridge. The have a vet on site 24 by 7. They also board and groom. We lost our Zorro 2 weeks ago and they were very supportive. I feel they are a top notch hospital.

QUOTE=baileysdad;694127]looking for reasonable vet to take care of 3 dogs..need someone close to villages. what is reasonable cost for office visit & shots.[/QUOTE]

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.