Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   RDOG (Responsible Dog Owners Group) (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/rdog-responsible-dog-owners-group-159/)
-   -   Please be considerate of others. (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/rdog-responsible-dog-owners-group-159/please-considerate-others-24604/)

Taltarzac 09-29-2009 08:16 AM

The "Rialto town square" is Spanish Springs Town Square.

I associate the Squares in TV with their respective movie theaters. So, the "Rialto town square" is Spanish Springs Town Square.

I had mentioned in a previous post on this thread that I walked around the "Rialto Town Square" yesterday afternoon looking for a sign about pets on the squares. I did not find anything.

I do hope that people would use some common sense though with what dog and his or her leash belongs on the Town Squares. My dog did not like the noise at the evening entertainment at Lake Sumter Landing and I always have him on a 6 feet or less leash while in crowded areas like the Town Squares in the early evenings.

billethkid 03-13-2010 10:33 AM

To remind all how in-effective signs are please refer to

those white and black ones referred to as "speed limits". :thumbup:

btk

salpal 03-13-2010 01:47 PM

where is the Great Fumar?

eremite06 12-21-2010 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter (Post 227154)
Do you think a sign would make any difference??

Apparently it doesn't make a difference at the polo field!!!

Tbugs 12-30-2010 03:49 PM

Choices

Well behaved dogs are always welcome at the town squares. Personally, I like to see different kinds of dogs there. One of my old American Legion buddies would come every day with his Papallion dog and the dog would occupy a chair in the front row. It was a sad day when the dog passed away and his owner no longer comes to Lake Sumter Landing.

Smokers, on the other hand, blow rancid, toxic smoke all around. It is a good thing they are banned from the squares.

Boxford 12-30-2010 04:23 PM

They may be banned

smokers that is, but they gather there all the time. In Spanish Springs they seem to gather on the side closest to the church. It ruins it for everyone around them. I think they think the no smoking refers to the chairs and the inner area so they stand close to the side walk so they are not in the square in their own minds or else they just don't care and no one challenges them.

paulandjean 12-30-2010 04:39 PM

dogs

"Lord have mercy" One town square for dogs, one without.

Yoda 12-30-2010 09:06 PM

I think that...

People who smoke are fools.

The only thing worse than smokers is smoke nazis.

Yoda

Light up but not in my house.

The Great Fumar 12-30-2010 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salpal (Post 253789)
where is the Great Fumar?

Why I'm right here , listening to all this dribble about how wonderful dogs are and how no one minds sitting in a chair with their new winter coat that a dog has been on ,,,,,,I'm sure the hair will just brush right off.......

fumar

Pturner 12-30-2010 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Great Fumar (Post 319116)
Why I'm right here , listening to all this dribble about how wonderful dogs are and how no one minds sitting in a chair with their new winter coat that a dog has been on ,,,,,,I'm sure the hair will just brush right off.......

fumar

Hey Fumar,
Next time buy a coat that doesn't shed.

dsned 12-30-2011 10:20 PM

dogs in squares

I also enjoy seeing the cute little ones, so how about a rule that you can bring your fur baby but have to carry it or have a doggie stroller???

angiefox10 12-30-2011 10:30 PM

I hate to break this to you... but Lowes and Home Depot ARE pet friendly. That's why you see dogs in them. :throwtomatoes:

Happinow 12-31-2011 09:22 AM

Really? Stores are now becoming pet friendly? Great........:cus:

angiefox10 12-31-2011 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Happinow (Post 434508)
Really? Stores are now becoming pet friendly? Great........:cus:

Not just now, this has been the case for years! Clearly it hasn't bothered you until you read it here.

Barefoot 12-31-2011 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dsned (Post 434360)
I also enjoy seeing the cute little ones, so how about a rule that you can bring your fur baby but have to carry it or have a doggie stroller???

I'd be happy to carry my 10 lb dog. Could you please carry my 70 lb dog for me? I tried stuffing her into a doggie stroller but she wouldn't fit.

Paulandjean are suggesting dogs should be limited to one Town Square. Would this also apply to unruly children, cigarette smokers, people who've had more than three drinks, line dancers, gas carts that emit fumes, and people who reserve chairs but never sit in them?