Doggie Day Care and Kennels

Old 08-27-2014, 02:32 PM
Default Doggie Day Care and Kennels

We are moving to TV in mid September. We have a 3 yr old English Setter who is used to a 1/2 acre fenced yard and going to day care. Poor guy
Is gonna lose his freedom. I'm sure we will be on the golf cart going to the dog parks.
Help - Is there a good day care facility and kennel nearby. We are located in the southern end of TV but will travel to get good care.
Old 08-27-2014, 03:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by heysus66 View Post
We are moving to TV in mid September. We have a 3 yr old English Setter who is used to a 1/2 acre fenced yard and going to day care. Poor guy
Is gonna lose his freedom. I'm sure we will be on the golf cart going to the dog parks.
Help - Is there a good day care facility and kennel nearby. We are located in the southern end of TV but will travel to get good care.
Doggie Doo Run Run might have the best day care that your dog is used to. Most of the day care places nearby only let the dogs out to play at certain times. I believe DDRR lets them be free indoors and has a good fenced outside yard with some change.

We like Pet Lodge and Spa in Leesburg, but that's about 35 minutes away. The dogs are in play areas grouped according to size & temperament. But kenneled at night. However, someone is there 24 hours.
Old 08-28-2014, 01:48 AM
Gold member
Location: British Columbia, Seattle and Haciendas at Mission Hills

We have a five year old English Setter and we had a fenced half acre before we moved here. We also have an almost 9 month old Gordon Setter. They go to Doggie Doo Run Run every morning, we pay $30 a month for the two to use the immense fenced dog park. We board the dogs at Bed Time Tales in Summerfield. They not only board our Setters but three other English Setters that I know. The parks in The Villages are not really enough space for Setters. Doggie Doo Run Run is really just of 466 near Southern Trace. It's so hot in Florida that after that run at the park, they will just want the air conditioning and a good bed for the rest of the day.
Old 08-28-2014, 01:57 AM
Gold member

We have a five year old English Setter that also came from a home with a fenced half acre and we have a 9 month old Gordon Setter. They go to Doggie Doo Run Run every morning, we pay $30 a month for them to use the immense fenced acreage. They love it. It is just off 466 near Southern Trace. Once your dogs go for a run there, being in Florida, they will be happy to go home to the air conditioning and a nice bed for the rest of the day. We board the dogs at Bed Time Tales in Summerfield and I know of at least three other English Setters that also board there.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8410.JPG
Views:	460
Size:	2.49 MB
ID:	44532   The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8419.JPG
Views:	474
Size:	2.64 MB
ID:	44533  
Old 08-28-2014, 05:53 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jane032657 View Post
We have a five year old English Setter that also came from a home with a fenced half acre and we have a 9 month old Gordon Setter. They go to Doggie Doo Run Run every morning, we pay $30 a month for them to use the immense fenced acreage. They love it. It is just off 466 near Southern Trace. Once your dogs go for a run there, being in Florida, they will be happy to go home to the air conditioning and a nice bed for the rest of the day. We board the dogs at Bed Time Tales in Summerfield and I know of at least three other English Setters that also board there.
Thank you for the photos of your beautiful dogs. Our Avitar shows our last lab and we still miss her.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 08-28-2014, 06:31 AM
Gold member

We lost our Irish Setter in December. I am sorry for your loss of your family member.
Old 08-28-2014, 06:41 AM
Sage

There are many other places around for boarding that people like. Bedtime Tails is one of them--very clean. You can do a search on the forum for dog boarding and see what you come up with. Meanwhile, there will eventually be a dog park south of 466a. The Responsible Dog Owners Group is fundraising to equip the land that's being provided by the developer.
Old 08-28-2014, 11:41 AM
Location: Brockton-Halifax-Marshfield, MA, Jacksonville, FL, Arlington, TX, Village of Fernandina
Default Setters are SOOOO CUTE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jane032657 View Post
I know these babies. I agree, Doggie Doo Run Run every morning. I live near Bonifay and it's 20 minutes to drive over. I also use BedTime Tails in Summerlin for boarding. She has little rooms for the dogs, no kennels. I tried several places and found this one to be the best.
Old 08-28-2014, 11:44 AM
Location: Brockton-Halifax-Marshfield, MA, Jacksonville, FL, Arlington, TX, Village of Fernandina
Default Fund raising

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
There are many other places around for boarding that people like. Bedtime Tails is one of them--very clean. You can do a search on the forum for dog boarding and see what you come up with. Meanwhile, there will eventually be a dog park south of 466a. The Responsible Dog Owners Group is fundraising to equip the land that's being provided by the developer.
Are you having any events? Or do you have a link for information to make a donation?
Old 08-28-2014, 12:24 PM

We take our dog to Mount Dora, to the Mount Dora Veterinary Hospital on Old US 441, she has been in there several times and loves it. She goes in with the girl without a backward glance and their rates are really inexpensive per night. Less than $20 a night. Would not take her anywhere else.
Old 11-13-2014, 08:52 PM

I take our Jack Russell Terrier to Bedtime Tales for boarding and for day care. Cathy along with her staff are fantastic! I love the place ~ it's clean, great hours, very caring staff. I would highly recommend Bedtime Tails. We just moved here from California, we had a much larger back yard and are very happy with them.
Old 11-13-2014, 09:01 PM
Sage

Old 11-13-2014, 09:25 PM
Gold member

We would also be interested in a nice dog overnight kennel on the South side. You can PM us with any suggestions.

Thanks.
Old 11-13-2014, 10:01 PM

Another vote for Pet Lodge in Leesburg. They also have cameras so you can see your dog in the play areas.

Big dog walk comming up at the polo grounds end of Jan !!!

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.