RDOG3 Meetings South of 466A

Old 07-24-2014, 12:51 PM
Default RDOG3 Meetings South of 466A

We are the RDOG3 South of 466A. Everyone is welcome to join our meetings. We have educational speakers at each meeting, time for questions & concerns, 50/50 drawing, snacks & drinks and sometimes we have items to purchase. Come learn about our progress pertaining to new our dog park south of 466A. Our speakers have consisted of vets, pet store owners, daycare and long term providers, speakers from the humane society of Sumter county, etc. Bonnie Gallagher with Southeast Guide Dogs and her companion Patriot will be speaking on the August 6th. Also Bark Busters will be speaking in Sept and John Rohan in October. Please join us on Wednesday, August 6, 2014, 7 PM @ Eisenhower Rec. Ctr. Our meetings are always the first Wednesday of the month. Please come before 7 PM.
Thank you,
Janet Hohenberger - Secretary
Diane Ferguson - President
Old 07-24-2014, 02:44 PM
Veteran member

I am in Tamarind Grove so that's North of 466A (I believe). Do we have another group for here? I spoke to Diane once on the phone but I am interested in a RDOG and in what is going on. What do people from THIS area do for a dog group?
Old 07-24-2014, 02:51 PM
Platinum member

can't anyone come to these meetings?
Old 07-24-2014, 03:30 PM
Sage

A bit off topic, but I have a related question that I hope will be taken as intended...

RDOG has a website. But unless I'm missing something when I go there, there is little opportunity for dialog/interaction between members. There is space to comment on blogs, but I believe only the webmaster can post a blog. And there are a few helpful articles, and nice stories about dogs and their owners, but I believe they're only posted once submitted to the webmaster.

It just seems the website would be a great place to have more direct involvement from RDOG members...possibly forums or a social function, with functionality similar to the many other social websites dedicated to specific interests.

Sorry to stray, but I've been to a couple RDOG meetings, and I just can't shake the feeling that a more interactive website would be a big help in spreading the word and getting members active.
Old 07-24-2014, 06:33 PM
Location: Birmingham, AL, Destin, FL, St. Petersburg, FL, New Orleans, LA - Oct 2012 ~ Tamarind Grove

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovsthosebigdogs View Post
I am in Tamarind Grove so that's North of 466A (I believe). Do we have another group for here? I spoke to Diane once on the phone but I am interested in a RDOG and in what is going on. What do people from THIS area do for a dog group?
It's for everyone...I too am in Tamarind Grove and will be attending the August. Meeting at Eisenhower. Plan to get there & seated by 6:45. Hope to see you there!
Old 07-25-2014, 01:37 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnevie View Post
can't anyone come to these meetings?
Yes -- anyone can come to these meetings.
You don't even have to own a dog!

The meetings are great, informative and fun.
Come one -- Come all!
Old 07-26-2014, 04:06 PM

Sorry I can not speak for a RDOG north of 466A. You are always welcome to attend our meetings. Janet
Old 07-26-2014, 04:07 PM

Yes, of course. Please get there before 7 PM. Hope to see you there, Janet
Old 07-26-2014, 04:09 PM

Hope to see you there. Janet
Old 07-26-2014, 04:27 PM

Our meetings (guest speakers) are planned in advance. We always leave our meetings with knowledge gained from the monthly topic. I can not speak for the RDOG website. Have you attended our RDOG3 meetings at Eisenhower? Please try to attend our meeting on Wednesday, August 6, 2014 at 7 PM @ Eisenhower. Hope to see you, Janet
Old 07-26-2014, 04:42 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet & Carl View Post
...I can not speak for the RDOG website...
Oh. I thought the website was run by the club that has the meetings. My mistake.

We do plan to be at the next meeting.
Old 07-28-2014, 04:36 PM
Default Cavalier king charles spaniel club

I would love to attend the RDOG meetings, when we get back down in Oct., but I am also looking for Cavalier King Charles Spaniel owners. We have been to all the dog parks, and my dog not only got bitten by a very small dog last year, but is not a barker, and does not tolerate the yapping. He ALWAYS responds well when we meet another Cav. Therefore, when we get back down to TV in October - April I would LOVE to meet other Cav owners, and he would love to meet other CAVS. Please email me, as I do not very often log on to this website, maybe just once a month. THX!!
Old 08-27-2014, 06:18 PM
Default RDOG3 Meeting on Wednesday Sept. 3rd, 2014

Just a friendly reminder that our RDOG 3 meeting is Wednesday September 3rd at Eisenhower Rec Center at 7pm. Our guest speaker will be Annette Heathman of Bark Busters, a master dog trainer and behavioral therapist. I know that some of our members have new puppies and rescue dogs so this might be a great meeting for you. We always have a question and answer period during the meeting so if you have any questions maybe Annette can help. Door prize, 50/50 and refreshments.

Thanks,

Diane Ferguson
Old 08-27-2014, 06:53 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
RDOG has a website.
What is the website address? I can't find it by googling RDog, The Villages.
Thanks.
Old 08-27-2014, 08:50 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
What is the website address? I can't find it by googling RDog, The Villages.
Thanks.
I'm not sure of the connection between the club and the website (if there is one), but the website I referred to is...

rdog3.blogspot.com

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.