Snakes

Old 06-25-2011, 05:13 PM
Default Snakes

Is there any problem with poisonous snakes vs. dogs? I have 2 nosey ones that will want to smell everywhere. Can they be trained to avoid snakes?
Old 06-25-2011, 06:10 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectreron View Post
Is there any problem with poisonous snakes vs. dogs? I have 2 nosey ones that will want to smell everywhere. Can they be trained to avoid snakes?
Specteron: I once lived in Memphis. They were building our sub division where a cotton filed once existed. the first night in out new house the guy across the street had a dog that barked all night. After that firt night I didn't hear it again. I checked with my neighbors a few weeks later and learned that on my first night in that house cooperheads did that dog in.

In florida we have pigmy rattlers, cotton mouths, cooperheads not to forget crocs. so depending on your approximation to ponds, high grass etc keep your eyes open
Old 06-25-2011, 06:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,163 Times in 436 Posts
Default and don't forget....

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
Specteron: I once lived in Memphis. They were building our sub division where a cotton filed once existed. the first night in out new house the guy across the street had a dog that barked all night. After that firt night I didn't hear it again. I checked with my neighbors a few weeks later and learned that on my first night in that house cooperheads did that dog in.

In florida we have pigmy rattlers, cotton mouths, cooperheads not to forget crocs. so depending on your approximation to ponds, high grass etc keep your eyes open

The occasional coral snake and black snake (good snake??)

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.