Sunset Point bad dog owner

Old 08-31-2013, 04:30 PM
Default Sunset Point bad dog owner

Saturday morning the 31st I was walking the cart path near the Sunset Point gate when I noticed a couple walking what looked to be a Mastiff dog on the grass around the pond. My thought was large dog – large poop.
I was pleased to note that the man was carrying a plastic bag with the dog’s waste. I then turned around at the gate to walk back when I noticed the man’s hands were empty. I asked him what he did with the waste – his comment “I threw it behind the bushes (pointing to the bushes by the gate sign) because there is no waste container for him to dump it in”. I told him it was a terrible thing to do but my comments did not seem to faze either he or his wife.
Are we to ruin our beautiful landscaping because a bad dog owner is too lazy to carry his dog’s waste home to his own trash???
Old 08-31-2013, 05:47 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judyh View Post
Saturday morning the 31st I was walking the cart path near the Sunset Point gate when I noticed a couple walking what looked to be a Mastiff dog on the grass around the pond. My thought was large dog – large poop.
I was pleased to note that the man was carrying a plastic bag with the dog’s waste. I then turned around at the gate to walk back when I noticed the man’s hands were empty. I asked him what he did with the waste – his comment “I threw it behind the bushes (pointing to the bushes by the gate sign) because there is no waste container for him to dump it in”. I told him it was a terrible thing to do but my comments did not seem to faze either he or his wife.
Are we to ruin our beautiful landscaping because a bad dog owner is too lazy to carry his dog’s waste home to his own trash???
isn't it just a form of fertilizer?
Old 08-31-2013, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by red tail View Post
Someone did the same thing in front of our house yesterday.The sad thing is that it is probably one of our neighbors.
Old 08-31-2013, 10:52 PM
Gold member
Location: Philadelphia & Lower Gwynedd, PA, Ocean City, NJ, Wesley Chapel, FL and The Village of St. James

Unbelievable! And to think it is just fertilizer, in a bag, from a Mastiff in 95* temperatures. Unbelievable again!

Last edited by Phanatic Luvr; 09-01-2013 at 07:44 AM.
Old 09-01-2013, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by red tail View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phanatic Luvr View Post
FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Unbelievable! And to think it is just fertilizer, in a bag, from Mastiff in 95* temperatures. Unbelievable again! [/FONT]

Anyone that thinks it is fertilizer should openly welcome everyone to throw it in their yard.

After all it is cheaper than Scott's turf builder...
Old 09-01-2013, 12:31 AM

you can't fix stupid !
Old 09-01-2013, 05:30 AM
Sage

I believe Phanatic was using hyperbole and can't believe anyone thinks dog poop in a plastic bag is beneficial.
Me too.
Old 09-01-2013, 06:42 AM
Sage

Quote:
At that point, why didn't you just take out your cell phone, call Community Watch, tell them what happened and trail the man - while on your phone until Community Watch arrived on the scene?
Old 09-01-2013, 07:22 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggyone View Post
At that point, why didn't you just take out your cell phone, call Community Watch, tell them what happened and trail the man - while on your phone until Community Watch arrived on the scene?
We got some nuts in this world. I wouldn't recommend anybody trail anybody.
Old 09-01-2013, 07:35 AM
Sage

We should have a thread called "Crazy of the Day," or "The Sh!# you See in The Villages." Yesterday, my contribution would have been telling about being dumbfounded watching a man hold a dog up at the human drinking water fountain outside the public restrooms at Spanish Springs while the dog licked and drank from the public water fountain. Yuck.
Old 09-01-2013, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggyone View Post
If I hadn't told them what a terrible thing they had just done but just kept my mouth shut then I would have followed them. Who knows, maybe they will see this and think twice before doing it again.
Old 09-01-2013, 09:07 AM
Gold member

Quote:
If I hadn't told them what a terrible thing they had just done but just kept my mouth shut then I would have followed them. Who knows, maybe they will see this and think twice before doing it again.
Old 09-02-2013, 01:45 AM

Its plain gross and disgusting!!!!!
Old 09-02-2013, 04:23 AM
Email Reported As Spam

Well first of all since guy had a Mistiff on he other end of that leash I would not have been there long enough to have witnessed what this guy did with the dog's droppings. However, if I had I would not have for a second considered trailing him . I mean I watched the Zimmerman trial

finally given the poster's comments on the fountain drinking dog. I will never again use a public drinking fountain. I mean who does that!
Old 09-02-2013, 05:57 AM
Veteran member

The fountain post is just as bad, if not worse, than the poop post. The attitude of both owners are a mystery to me.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.