Sunset Point bad dog owner

Old 09-05-2013, 05:29 PM

we are moving to the village this month have two dogs do you use doggie bags and where do put the bags is there a place to putit or put it in your trashcan thanls atlantacracker
Old 09-05-2013, 06:08 PM
Sage

The dog poop bags can go in your regular garbage collection; however, the challenge is where to store it till it's time for the trash to go out. I have a closed stainless trash can with a deodorizer in it in the garage, but it still reeks when you transfer the contents to the garbage bag. If anyone has a better system I would love to hear about it.
Old 09-05-2013, 06:09 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantacracker View Post
we are moving to the village this month have two dogs do you use doggie bags and where do put the bags is there a place to putit or put it in your trashcan thanls atlantacracker
Yes, pick up with a doggie bag (and please don't trespass on anyone's property), and place it in your own garbage.

You may wish to join Doggie Doo Run Run, a private Dogpark on CR 101. $30 a month for two dogs and you can go as often as you want. It's a great dog park on ten acres with a section for small dogs, and another for dogs over 30 lbs. And they will clean up your dogs' poop, just place a flag!
Old 09-06-2013, 12:09 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomoho View Post
The dog poop bags can go in your regular garbage collection; however, the challenge is where to store it till it's time for the trash to go out. I have a closed stainless trash can with a deodorizer in it in the garage, but it still reeks when you transfer the contents to the garbage bag. If anyone has a better system I would love to hear about it.
My girls are only allowed to go in their yard. I clean the yard several times a day with a scoop and small bucket then I flush it down the toilet. I think there is a post on biodegradable bags that you can use and flush.
Old 09-06-2013, 03:54 PM

Quote:
There is another thread similar and I suggested a Diaper Genie. They keep the odor controlled until garbage pick up and they are sanitary.
Old 09-06-2013, 05:27 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,297 Times in 535 Posts

Our last dog passed some 12 years ago---prior to moving into TV. We had agreed she would be the last and we would not replace our 15 years old "Candy"----Didn't know it at the time but it's proven to be a very good decision. There are some dog owners in TV with absolutely no common sense.
Old 09-06-2013, 05:42 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjim View Post
Our last dog passed some 12 years ago---prior to moving into TV. We had agreed she would be the last and we would not replace our 15 years old "Candy"----Didn't know it at the time but it's proven to be a very good decision. There are some dog owners in TV with absolutely no common sense.
that's a personal decision. I wouldn't give up my relationship with my dog for anything, period.
I do understand not having a pup for whenever it doesn't seem right. It's not a thing to enter into lightly.
Old 09-06-2013, 05:42 PM

Quote:
It seems so obvious to me that I can only assume my solution is flawed. Flush it...not the bag...just the poop.

Sidebar...I cannot believe I just used the word "poop." I am more prone to use dysphemisms than euphemisms.
Old 09-06-2013, 05:52 PM
Sage

oh dear, I shall go all off topic and be censured if I say I'm looking up dysphemism, and that language is far more interesting than poop.
OK, on topic, how do you neatly empty a bag of poop without a mess?
Old 09-06-2013, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittygilchrist View Post
oh dear, I shall go all off topic and be censured if I say I'm looking up dysphemism, and that language is far more interesting than poop.
Putting the bag with residue with standard trash would not be sanitary. Inquiring minds want to know where you dispose of bags? This is a messy subject
Old 09-06-2013, 06:06 PM
Sage

Well now, this is certainly a ball of wax we haven't explored. I have 2 large dogs and when we walk and they poop I have bags that I pick it up in and immediately tie very tightly. So my point is flushing really isn't an option; however, if someone made a bag at a reasonable price that was flushable "HALLELUJIA, HALLELUJIA" that would be a dream come true. But until then I can't flush because dumping the residue from the bog into the loo would be gross; however, it would certainly take care of most of the odor.

Now Kitty, how are bags of residue any worse than bags of poop in the garbage? What do you do with you fur friend's stuff???
Old 09-06-2013, 06:07 PM

I purchased a diaper hamper from Walmart. It is perfect. The smell is contained. It's made just for this reason but for dogs.
Old 09-06-2013, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittygilchrist View Post
I'm just an ideas man and leave implementation to others.
Old 09-06-2013, 06:11 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddie101 View Post
Putting the bag with residue with standard trash would not be sanitary. Inquiring minds want to know where you dispose of bags? This is a messy subject
yeah it is messy. I meant to ask the poster how to dispose feces into a toilet without a mess.

re your post, Maddie, Where would you dispose of bags if not in the trash? and if not there, sincerely, why not? I'm confused about what is and isn't "sanitary"...?
We come here from all over with really diverse expectations...and cultures, backgrounds and communities...this is me letting go. accckkkk!
Old 09-06-2013, 06:15 PM

Look up diaper genie. It Is double contained and antibacterial. I am crazy about germs. Hated the diaper pal when I had babies. Germs crawl around. This takes complete bag and poop and keeps it odor free until garbage pickup. Lots of things work, but this is one of the most contained.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.