walkin' the dog

Old 09-05-2012, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
More dog parks, she said in a whisper. But no-one was listening.
You know folks the administrators were smart enough to take the political site off for obvious reasons. I think this silly dog thing meets the same criteria. Please no more dog poop threads. Yikes.

I have a dog, she is my reponsibility period. We have many hours of fun together, she only uses my property to do her business. Sorry but, I do not even have an electric fence, she doesn't even need a leash. Other folks and their dogs stop and play with her she stays (except her tail, that keeps going) If a neighbors dog has an accident, so what, they clean it and all is well. By the way, you will not find one single yellow spot on my lawn anywhere. You know why my dog is so well behaved ? Because she has responsible owners that love her enough to teach her how to behave. It is not hard to do, it's simply repetetive.

As far as dog parks are concerned. Note the name "Dog Park" not "Dog Toilet" I was always under the impression that when a dog makes in a dog park it is called an accident. I think that the name "Dog Park" should be changed to "People Park" because people go there to socialize, It is my experience that the dogs could care less.

Well thats my story, and I'm sticking to it. No hate mail "PLEASE"
Old 09-05-2012, 11:39 AM
Platinum member
Default Pet Peeves

As someone looking into TV
I would like to know about other TV peeves like this.
All info helps
Loud golf carts?
I am trying to read all I can
Thanks to you all that post.
Old 09-05-2012, 12:00 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,307 Times in 541 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
More dog parks, she said in a whisper. But no-one was listening.
To start with, the Developer allowed dogs in ALL the villages and therefore IMHO should provide areas for more dog parks. Just by casual observation you can see there are not near enough dog parks in TV. Maybe in hindsight there should have been a CDD with no pets covenants for those who don't care to be bothered by dogs! Ooops too late now. Most dog owners are very good about respecting others property and you rarely, if ever, see a dog running loose in TV. IMHO we can all live quite "nicely" with that! Life is too short to sweat the small stuff.
Old 09-05-2012, 12:13 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimweber View Post
As someone looking into TV
I would like to know about other TV peeves like this.
All info helps
Loud golf carts?
I am trying to read all I can
Thanks to you all that post.
As you are looking into TV, please take into account that only a tiny fraction of TV residents read this site. When I occasionally mention something I read on TOTV to people around the neighborhood or that I meet in the community, 90% of them have never heard of TOTV. The complaints here get very concentrated amongst just a few who comment.

It would be a mistake based on distortion to decide upon TV as a future home, based on this board. The sampling of people complaining is tiny.
Old 09-05-2012, 12:22 PM
Sage

If a person was thinking about moving to TV because it is " the friendliest hometown", they sure wouldn't think that if they read this ....and many other threads where the villagers are verbally bashing each other. Yikes. Thankfully the majority of TVers do not go on this forum. They are busy enjoying their lives rather than moaning about minutae online. I look at this thread and think how sad it is that even though people do not agree they have made it into a bigger and defining issue of people's character. Please stop. Take a breath. Smell the roses. There really is more to life than if a dog pees or poos on your yard. Not saying that it is right but it really isn't enough to become get beligerent over. Time to close this thread.
Old 09-05-2012, 02:31 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to Joaniesmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by shcisamax View Post
If a person was thinking about moving to TV because it is " the friendliest hometown", they sure wouldn't think that if they read this ....and many other threads where the villagers are verbally bashing each other. Yikes. Thankfully the majority of TVers do not go on this forum. They are busy enjoying their lives rather than moaning about minutae online. I look at this thread and think how sad it is that even though people do not agree they have made it into a bigger and defining issue of people's character. Please stop. Take a breath. Smell the roses. There really is more to life than if a dog pees or poos on your yard. Not saying that it is right but it really isn't enough to become get beligerent over. Time to close this thread.

Joanie's mom
Pennsylvania, Ohio, The Villages
So happy to be here!
Old 09-05-2012, 02:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,351 Times in 2,390 Posts

Dog poop threads should be banned!
Old 09-05-2012, 07:11 PM
Sage

As the late Rodney King said "why can't we just all get along"!!!
Old 09-05-2012, 08:21 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovetv View Post
Regarding:

Great post! This society's growing disrespect for other people's property, and ownership of it, is permeating everything.

Worse yet, kids and grandchildren see this attitude and adopt it as their own, and this rudeness becomes the norm.

The next time you see an obnoxious, undisciplined little kid in the store grabbing things off the shelf and yelling "MINE"....."It's MINE!"......think of "adults" walking their dog and using your yard as a toilet saying "Mine! Mine!"

Nobody is entitled to somebody else's property to use as a dog toilet!!!
Agreed with both!
Old 09-05-2012, 08:33 PM
TOTV Moderator

The discussion has turned personal and the original topic is pretty well talked out.

Closing this thread.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.