walkin' the dog

Old 09-01-2012, 02:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,295 Times in 2,044 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
And, the ones who often get dogs**t pushed into our faces if we are too eager to bend down in pick up the poop while the dog does its little "just pooped" dance. Dog doing his poop dance - YouTube
There are several of these dogs doing the poop dance on YouTube.

Sounds like they have glands in their feet which they use to mark their territory after they poop or pee.

Last edited by Taltarzac725; 09-01-2012 at 05:54 PM.
Old 09-01-2012, 03:26 PM
Sage

Quote:
Really do not believe that people that say their dogs never pee in others' yards here in the Villages. Unless you have an invisible fence and keep your dogs at home all the time; there is no way a dog will not pee somewhere where he or she smells another dog's urine.
Count me as one you can believe. I cannot imagine any dog I have owned (past the age of puppy when they do not understand some basic rules) that would leave my side to pee during a walk. If one of my dogs 'tried' to leave my side, it is a signal to me they REALLY need to go and we find a place as soon as we can, but never someone's yard. Maybe I am lucky....
Old 09-01-2012, 03:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajbrown View Post
Count me as one you can believe. I cannot imagine any dog I have owned (past the age of puppy when they do not understand some basic rules) that would leave my side to pee during a walk. If one of my dogs 'tried' to leave my side, it is a signal to me they REALLY need to go and we find a place as soon as we can, but never someone's yard. Maybe I am lucky....
You are lucky and your doggy is lucky and so cute too from your avatar picture.

Parents who are praised about nice children frequently say they are lucky. I, being an ex teacher, feel durned sure that more times than not it is a lot to do with good parenting.

Apples don't fall too far from trees, even furry ones.
Old 09-01-2012, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog103 View Post
Not having a fence is not a reason, it's an excuse. We have two dogs in a designer with an invisible fence. The dogs stay in our yard with either my wife or me outside with them until they take care of business. The dogs know the routine so it's no problem at all. There's no way I'd walk dogs and let them use a neigbor's yard for a latrine. That's just rude and inconsiderate. Your dog should use your yard and only your yard.
I

I take my hat off to you I wish other people would think the same way as you do..Thank you....
Old 09-01-2012, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Not having a fence is not a reason, it's an excuse. We have two dogs in a designer with an invisible fence. The dogs stay in our yard with either my wife or me outside with them until they take care of business. The dogs know the routine so it's no problem at all. There's no way I'd walk dogs and let them use a neigbor's yard for a latrine. That's just rude and inconsiderate. Your dog should use your yard and only your yard.
I take my hat off to you....Thank you I wish more people would think the same way as you do.......
Old 09-01-2012, 06:02 PM
Sage

Quote:
Good for you. Many of the neighborhoods in the Villages offer either the street, people's lawns, or the postal centers as places for pooches to pee.

My dog usually goes to a local dog park in the mornings to do his business. No dog park anywhere near the Villages is open past dusk though.
Old 09-01-2012, 06:05 PM
Location: Brooklyn, NY Queens, NY Village of Summerhill, Village of Santiago

Quote:
Originally Posted by shcisamax View Post
Have you ever seen a dog being pulled along on a leash and peeing simultaneously? If they have to go, they go. As for my comment, I think that is why they make a product called Depends because some people can't control themselves either. Maybe we should put the Depends on the dogs when they go walking. This thread has really gotten watered down to the lowest common denominator. Time to move on.
Image Detail for - Doggie Diapers
Old 09-01-2012, 06:08 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathyw View Post
I have never seen a dog in the Villages with diapers on like this.
Old 09-01-2012, 06:15 PM

Quote:
I have never seen a dog in the Villages with diapers on like this.
No, neither have I. But you never know what's under those cute little doggie outfits. The fact that they actually sell doggie diapers is shocking to me.... but somebody must be buying them.
Old 09-01-2012, 06:25 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
The fact that they actually sell doggie diapers is shocking to me.... but somebody must be buying them. LOL
Dogs (just like people) can become incontinent due to age, injury or disease. I think that is the primary market for them, although people who are having house training/marking problems with their dogs might use them as well.
Old 09-01-2012, 06:25 PM
Sage

Do they make them in jumbo for the larger physique? I don't know though. Ever since the woman astronaut got caught trying to kill someone and didn't want to stop enroute so was wearing a diaper, I just can't get excited about them.
Old 09-01-2012, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybo View Post
Dogs (just like people) can become incontinent due to age, injury or disease. I think that is the primary market for them, although people who are having house training/marking problems with their dogs might use them as well.
Yes, I didn't think about it that way. Thanks for pointing that out.
Old 09-01-2012, 09:16 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Yes, I didn't think about it that way. Thanks for pointing that out.
You're welcome. I've known a few folks that have had to use them on their pooches for medical reasons. The dogs usually hate them, but they serve the purpose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shcisamax View Post
Do they make them in jumbo for the larger physique?
Yes
Old 09-01-2012, 09:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Our dogs DO NOT use neighbors' yards for a latrine. I don't have these 30 ft. leashes, we use an ordinary leash so I control where the dogs go. We have one small dog and one large one. If I don't allow them on a lawn they don't go there.This is not a difficult concept. I control the dogs, they are never in command. What they want to do and what they're allowed to do are not the same.
DITTO!!! Dog does not go where owner doesn't allow him to go. Leash training plus a six-foot-leash takes care of that. Owner is the boss of the dog.
Old 09-01-2012, 10:46 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
DITTO!!! *Dog does not go where owner doesn't allow him to go. Leash training plus a six-foot-leash takes care of that. Owner is the boss of the dog.
Yep! Not once since I've lived here, have I ever let my dogs step one foot onto someone else's yard, not even to sniff, let alone to pee or poop. I've never understood the rational from some folks that their dogs "have to" go on someone else's property. I understand that some dogs need to walk for awhile before they do their business, and I certainly understand a dog's instinctual desire to mark. And I know from experience (as a visitor) that walking in circles around a house doesn't work very well. But that's my concern. It shouldn't be my neighbor's concern.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.