What's the POOP?

Old 04-12-2014, 11:47 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by shcisamax View Post
Please tell me we can end this poop thread now that everyone is in agreement.
What's the point of ending this poop thread?
Someone will just start another one.
Since 2007, I've never seen anyone walk their dog in The Villages and not pick up.
I'm not saying it doesn't happen.
I'm not saying all pet owners are responsible humans.
But I don't think the problem is as pervasive as some suggest.
Old 04-12-2014, 12:02 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
Since 2007, I've never seen anyone walk their dog in The Villages and not pick up.
Ya know, you're right. Never thought if it. I hear folks complain about it, but never saw it here. (A person actually walking away from a mess). I will say though, when I first moved to a particular courtside villa village and took walks, i would see big piles. I started picking it up along with cigarette butts. I did it for about a week, then realized it was a losing battle. Now, I'm not saying that a LOT of people in that village don't pick up.....but I will say that it had to be at least 5 or 6 regular poopers. It was too much for me to keep up with. I don't live in that village any longer. In my new village (which is not villas), I do NOT see any piles. I think that's because it's all open and we can see everything. In the courtyard villas you're kinda hidden.
Old 04-12-2014, 12:02 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
Curious, how do you clean up the urine?
Old 04-12-2014, 12:05 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdawg View Post
Curious, how do you clean up the urine?
Oh, good grief!
Old 04-12-2014, 12:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

Another dog poop thread, how exiciting!
Old 04-12-2014, 12:15 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronsroni View Post
I own two dogs; a maltipoo and schizon. Regardless of where I stroll them, I ALWAYS clean up after them. It is the responsibility of the dog owner/walker to remove fecal matter from the ground and dispose of it properly.
That said, today, I strolled the girls for the first time at the pond next on the south corner of El Camino Real and Morse Blvd; near Freedom Pointe. While walking, I was stupefied at how much dog waste was there.
HUGE mounds of poop from large dogs by all of the trees. Some small poop as well.
Bottom line is, there should not be poop left behind from YOUR DOG'S BEHIND. Why can't you take the responsible route and pick it up? Should that not occur, the rest of us will continue to get a bad rap for YOUR LAZINESS. How inconsiderate can you be? When you buzz along and have the dog run outside of your cart, it's on you to clean it up.
No wonder people complain. It's disgusting. I truly hope that you are ticketed for this slovenly behavior.
SHAME ON THE OFFENDERS.
I aree with everything said so far. But picking up the waste is only half of the owner's responsibility when not on their own property. The first half of the problem is allowing one's dog onto other people's property in the first place.

The way such threads here usually go, if the person says "keep your dog off my yard and property", they're attacked by those who claim their dog can't poop on their own property and they have to be walked to other people's property; and that urine and poop don't cause any harm to turf anyway.

It's really brazen and arrogant of those who do what they damn well please.
Old 04-12-2014, 12:22 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovetv View Post

The way such threads here usually go, if the person says "keep your dog off my yard and property", they're attacked by those who claim their dog can't poop on their own property and they have to be walked to other people's property; and that urine and poop don't cause any harm to turf anyway.
I guess I'm not understanding this statement. Are you saying that people on TOTV have said they intentionally go on someone else's property for their dog to do their business? I've never heard this.
Old 04-13-2014, 11:07 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,093 Times in 1,328 Posts

I was sitting on the bench by hole #4 at Oakleigh the other day and kept smelling you know what. It was so bad I looked at the bottom of my shoes and the people with me looked at theirs. Nothing. Then one of the guys went to the trash can. Someone disposed their bag of you know what in the trash. Ugh, what a smell and a shame.
Old 04-13-2014, 11:11 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronsroni View Post
I own two dogs; a maltipoo and schizon. Regardless of where I stroll them, I ALWAYS clean up after them. It is the responsibility of the dog owner/walker to remove fecal matter from the ground and dispose of it properly.
That said, today, I strolled the girls for the first time at the pond next on the south corner of El Camino Real and Morse Blvd; near Freedom Pointe. While walking, I was stupefied at how much dog waste was there.
HUGE mounds of poop from large dogs by all of the trees. Some small poop as well.
Bottom line is, there should not be poop left behind from YOUR DOG'S BEHIND. Why can't you take the responsible route and pick it up? Should that not occur, the rest of us will continue to get a bad rap for YOUR LAZINESS. How inconsiderate can you be? When you buzz along and have the dog run outside of your cart, it's on you to clean it up.
No wonder people complain. It's disgusting. I truly hope that you are ticketed for this slovenly behavior.
SHAME ON THE OFFENDERS.
Ron, did you do a dna test? Dog owners here wouldn't allow that. Maybe it was gator poop.
Old 04-13-2014, 11:19 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Another dog poop thread, how exiciting!
I know.. it is just so exciting and so stimulating to rehash the same issue over and over and over again. And it is amazing how enlightened everyone has become from the repeated captivating discussion.
Old 04-13-2014, 11:24 AM

I do not own a dog, but I have seen tons of people walk their pets inside the mail box area. This is so gross, but they seem to think that that is an O.K. area, since it's not private property. Most of them don't carry plastic bags either. Yuck!
Old 04-13-2014, 11:26 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by De Lis View Post
I do not own a dog, but I have seen tons of people walk their pets inside the mail box area. This is so gross, but they seem to think that that is an O.K. area, since it's not private property. Most of them don't carry plastic bags either. Yuck!
I always bring a plastic bag with me. But I'm still having a hard time getting my dogs to go in the bag.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.