Best way to sell

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Old 02-12-2020, 11:17 AM
Original Topic
Default Best way to sell

Best way to sell.... I have a patio villa in the village of Ashland 10 minutes away from Lake Sumter. I have an excellent long-term renter that’s been in the house 3 to 4 years and hopes to stay, but no guarantee. I’m wanting to sell the house when his lease is up. Just thoughts....is it better to sell with a long term tenant in the home or as a turn key?
Old 02-12-2020, 01:20 PM
Sage

I would remove the tenant, clean it up, and then sell it.
Old 02-12-2020, 01:31 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.

As an investment property, sell it now.....with a renter.

Legally, just sell it subject to the lease and everyone is protected.

I would sell it FSBO.

Good Luck.
Old 02-16-2020, 10:46 AM

Julie this a great question and a question that many people that own investment properties eventually ask. There are different strategies and demographics to the variety of options and none of them are the right or wrong ways.

All real estate with an active lease is sold subject to the lease because the lease is a part of the real estate. Some leases having language that the tenant agrees to vacate in so many days if the property is sold, but most do not. So having a significant period of time left on a lease for people that want to move in ASAP, would likely deter those buyers. The move in right away variety is the majority of buyers as well. Also, keep in mind that a fair amount of buyers have a home they are also selling so the purchase could hinge on that as well. Nonetheless, there are a fair amount of people that would buy subject to the lease and are will to work with the situation that's in front of them.

Homes that sell the quickest and for the higher amounts are typically vacant and appropriately staged, but is not required. If there is the route you go, obviously you'd have to wait until the lease is or if you tenants want to move right away, be willing to allow them to break the lease and get their deposit back to accommodate both sides. This option clearly takes our the obstacle of the lease, but mean the home could be vacant for some time especially you elect to sell in off-market (for-sale-by-owner).

There are options if you want to sell and the tenants want to stay too, which I'd be more than happy to go over with you one on one, along with any other questions you or anyone may have. The strategies and advising are a part of what you get when you work with a Realtor.

Feel free to call or text me at 352 403 3730 for your convenience.

Tags
sell, house, i’m, guarantee, wanting

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.