Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Realtors, Mortgage & Property Management Companies (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/realtors-mortgage-property-management-companies-261/)
-   -   Fences (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/realtors-mortgage-property-management-companies-261/fences-323145/)

thevillages2013 08-23-2021 05:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JCheatham62@gmail.com (Post 1992683)
My husband and I are looking to find a home in The Villages in the next 30 days. Where can I find information on whether or not we can have a fence installed in the back yard for our two dogs ?

Thank you,
Janet

There are cottage/ranch and designer homes in Pine Hills village with fenced backyards so you are not limited to courtyard or veranda. Chances are that if it doesn’t have a fence you can’t build one. Be careful on just taking the word of a real estate agent. They may tell you that you can and they will show up to dig the holes for you to get you under contract

jack.hunter00@yahoo.com 08-23-2021 05:27 AM

No fence.

Invisible fence only.

Maybe a Courtyard Villa would be better choice

DaleDivine 08-23-2021 05:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe V. (Post 1992768)
I have had dog doors for over 40 years, here, in SW Florida and Texas. Only my dogs ever went in and out of them. Maybe my houses were an exception.

I too have had a doggy door for years with no critters coming in except the ones our dogs and cat brought in.
We live in a CY villa now with a doggy door and our Jack Russell goes in and out all day with no worries. Plussss, she USES OUR BACK YARD TO DO HER BUSINESS. Not the neighborhood yards.
Get a CY villa or a Veranda with a fence preinstalled.
:ho::ho:

Papa_lecki 08-23-2021 05:55 AM

We have a dog. When we were looking to buy, we thought about a fence. Now that we are here, don’t need one. Honestly, it is too hot to leave the dog outside during the summer.

Ptmckiou 08-23-2021 06:19 AM

Fences

Lots of new houses South of 44 have fenced yards. The large ones called Verandas and the smaller ones are Courtyard Villas.

Above highway 44 the only ones I’m aware fenced are the small Courtyard Villas.

You are not allowed to put in a fence. Only when a house is constructed is a fence put in, so you have to find a resale of a courtyard villa or go to the new area where there are lots of fenced yards.

nativetex 08-23-2021 06:33 AM

I have a dog and moving to The Villages on September 1. I had two realtors tell me the Villa homes are the only ones allowed to have fences. My neighborhood has brown vinyl fencing. My Labrador must have a fence so I bought a Villa.

Lindaws 08-23-2021 06:41 AM

Only invisible fences allowed.

Dlbonivich 08-23-2021 06:42 AM

If it is there you can have it. The homes that are allowed a fence are built with one.

Jayeagley56 08-23-2021 06:44 AM

Or Verandas

richs631 08-23-2021 06:49 AM

If the house doesn’t have a pre installed fence 99% sure you ain’t getting a fence

Pachine58 08-23-2021 06:55 AM

Just moved here and had same dilemma. Most new houses if you can find one have the 3 foot fences or you need to get a patio villa. So we instead bought the house we loved and put in invisible fence. Cost around 2 grand, works fantastic

butlerism 08-23-2021 07:23 AM

You mentioned another point.
Only one dog per household s allowed.
Not two.
You will need to cover that as well.

JSR22 08-23-2021 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by butlerism (Post 1993107)
You mentioned another point.
Only one dog per household s allowed.
Not two.
You will need to cover that as well.

2 dogs are allowed in most of the CDD.

capgeo 08-23-2021 07:45 AM

No way Jose

Too many rules, many are ridiculous and before you buy in tv maybe you should think it over. Great place for many BUT not so great for others. If you are an avid golfer and are going to use all the amenities maybe it’s for you. I moved here 3 years ago from CT and after renting for 3 months and learning the rules and getting familiar with the area I decided to buy a home about 15 minutes away from tv. When I factored in the hoa fees for many things I didn’t need or want and all the rules I bought a home for a bit more but no rules or hoa. You have a big decision so make sure you weigh all your options. Good luck.

joelfmi 08-23-2021 07:47 AM

To be transparent here you will find their are a lot of con's buying at the villiages

Having done my due diligence using talk of the Villages form. I would advise you before you buy check out what owner have said about living here especially rentals, golf, weather, bugs, traffic, and being the friendly's town on this form, you would be surprised.