Fences

Closed Thread
Old 08-23-2021, 07:53 AM
Default Totally agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe V. View Post
In TX I lived out on the prairie and it had an abundance of small critters, from p. dogs to armadillos to coyote, etc. Not even a chupacabra tried getting in. A snake came in through an open upstairs window once. Nothing came in the dog door. In Port Charlotte we backed on a virtually virgin preserve on a canal. That area was loaded with wildlife. Not one living thing came in the dog door except my dogs. An entrance by another animal is possible, I agree. However my neighbors and I, in both places we lived, never had one creature trespasser other than salesmen. The dogs love the doors and so do I.
The person that posted putting fear into these people that are considering tv. Very unlikely any critters coming thru the doggie door to worry about
Old 08-23-2021, 08:19 AM
Smile Fences

Thank you all for the wonderful and informative feedback ! We have friends who live in TV and we have visited numerous times. We have two dogs, 80lb and 45lb who hate the hot weather so we are looking at all options.

This forum rocks !!
Old 08-23-2021, 08:30 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjeanj View Post
Each district has its own restrictions. Most of them are the same, with a few minor exceptions. You’ve got a couple of options.
1) go to VCDD What's Happening and look up each district’s restriction.
2) ask your realtor what district your prospective home is in and look up the restrictions (dont rely on realtor’s word as to what is allowed).
3) utilize an invisible fence, which is allowed in all districts, as they are below ground.

I will note that most areas do not allow fences, as villagetinker has mentioned. Depending on the size of your dogs, they could be considered prey by the wildlife here, and should not be left outside alone. In some cases, they should not be in your yard without a leash. That’s because you’ll be able to pull them away from wildlife that tries to grab them.
Agree! Fence or not never leave your pet outside alone. Even large ones. In addition to predictors there are snakes, fire ants and poisonous frogs. Bobcats and coyotes can get over the villa walls. Alligators have been known to crawl under the gates.
Old 08-23-2021, 08:31 AM

Some homes in the newer neighborhoods have fences (south of ) 44
Call The Villages Property office
Old 08-23-2021, 08:50 AM
Location: We have recently purchased a home at 6036 Dijulio in Monarch Grove. We
Default Buy a Veranda

I f you want a fenced in yard the only way to get it with a reasonable amount of space for your dogs is a Veranda. We live in the Monarch Grove Verandas and virtually everyone has a dog. All here are dog friendly and pick up after their fur children.
Old 08-23-2021, 08:52 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCheatham62@gmail.com View Post
My husband and I are looking to find a home in The Villages in the next 30 days. Where can I find information on whether or not we can have a fence installed in the back yard for our two dogs ?

Thank you,
Janet
You are a prime candidate for a villa. The walls and fences are perfect for dogs and chances are you will be surrounded by fellow dog lovers. Good luck with your search. Welcome to The Villages.
Old 08-23-2021, 08:55 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by butlerism View Post
You mentioned another point.
Only one dog per household s allowed.
Not two.
You will need to cover that as well.

You are allowed 2 dogs, even 3 when you arrive with them, once one passes then only 2.
Old 08-23-2021, 09:26 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,051 Times in 523 Posts

I'm amazed by the different answers you got. "No where in TV can you have a fence" That's not true. "You can only have one dog" That's not true. "If you use a doggy door wild animals will come in." That could be true, I have one and it hasn't happened yet. Your biggest concern with a yard is, if you have bite size dogs, Hawks, Eagles, Bobcats, Owls, Coyotes and Panthers are roaming around looking for a snack. If you have big dogs, that can take a Coyote or Bobcat..... no worries. If you have bite size dogs you really do need to be out with them, when they are out. A Coyote vest is a good idea too.
Old 08-23-2021, 09:51 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCheatham62@gmail.com View Post
My husband and I are looking to find a home in The Villages in the next 30 days. Where can I find information on whether or not we can have a fence installed in the back yard for our two dogs ?

Thank you,
Janet
Definitely can not install a fence. There are homes with fences like a courtyard villa and veranda homes that were built fenced.
Old 08-23-2021, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michread View Post
I suggest you contact a knowledgeable Villages sale rep. - warning not all of them are knowledgeable.

In Bradford, there are some areas and lots that you can install a preapproved fence. When looking at homes with our dog, we were shown the fence that was approved and which homes were allowed to have them installed at a later date.
Good luck. Things change and people complain. When someone in your neighborhood sends an anonymous complaint rules change. Beware.
Old 08-23-2021, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSR22 View Post
2 dogs are allowed in most of the CDD.
That too is questionable. If someone complains it could be a problem and brought before the CDD rules for your district.
Old 08-23-2021, 11:01 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,370 Times in 3,050 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by capgeo View Post
Too many rules, many are ridiculous and before you buy in tv maybe you should think it over. Great place for many BUT not so great for others. If you are an avid golfer and are going to use all the amenities maybe it’s for you. I moved here 3 years ago from CT and after renting for 3 months and learning the rules and getting familiar with the area I decided to buy a home about 15 minutes away from tv. When I factored in the hoa fees for many things I didn’t need or want and all the rules I bought a home for a bit more but no rules or hoa. You have a big decision so make sure you weigh all your options. Good luck.
We moved from Connecticut just under three years ago and I told hubby the only way he'd get me to live in Florida AT ALL was if it was in the Villages. Florida is a cesspool. The Villages at least has plenty to do, a beautiful environment, and the whole golf cart to everywhere thing makes it fun. The amenity fee is only $157/month, which is a lot less than the HOA fees everywhere else. With that $157/month I can choose which pool I want to go to, enjoy the archery range, play basketball, take the golf cart almost everywhere, take a dog to the dog park, shoot pool at the tables in any rec center that has them, and join any of over 3000 clubs - many of which are free and most under $10/year to join.

You won't get any of that at a community that has no amenity fee or HOA.
Old 08-23-2021, 11:03 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,370 Times in 3,050 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keninches View Post
That too is questionable. If someone complains it could be a problem and brought before the CDD rules for your district.
It wouldn't be a problem. If you bring more animals than are allowed, you're simply not allowed to replace the extra ones when they die. Some areas allow 2, some 1.
Old 08-23-2021, 11:29 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keninches View Post
The one dog rule is in te historic section.
Old 08-23-2021, 11:39 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by capgeo View Post
The person that posted putting fear into these people that are considering tv. Very unlikely any critters coming thru the doggie door to worry about
3 years with a doggie door, never had a problem in my courtyard villa. Perhaps you might if your yard isn’t enclosed. I do get bunnies in my yard, they dig under the fence, but none have ever hopped through my doggie door.
Closed Thread

Tags
find, fence, installed, back, yard

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.