VIR has a FB Page called The NEW Talk of TV's

Closed Thread
Old 05-17-2018, 07:19 AM
Default VIR has a FB Page called The NEW Talk of TV's

I think this is sleezy! This property management company started a FB page called NEW The Villages Talks. So many residents have joined. Some may be future victims! Beware!

Last edited by BollingerBea; 05-17-2018 at 08:53 AM.
Old 05-17-2018, 08:37 AM

VIR is not promoting themselves through this FB page. They are looking for future victims! To call the page NEW Talk of The Villages is misleading! But that's what they do best-mislead!
Old 05-17-2018, 08:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Are you referring the Facebook page "NEW The Villages Talk"?
Old 05-17-2018, 08:44 AM

Sorry the FB page is called NEW The Villages Talk! Still they are sleezy! Beware!
Old 05-17-2018, 08:46 AM

Yes! A place for them to troll for victims! Or as they like refer to Villagers as entitled a--holes! I have a screen shot of a text from the owner but don't know how to post it as I'm new here.
Old 05-17-2018, 10:27 AM

It’s because Alistair Barrett-Powell and his husband Jeff were members of the Villages talk fb page and started threatening anyone who told their personal experience with the VIR Group which was obviously negative, since they’re being sued by the Florida’s Attorney General for not paying homeowners collected rent! So they started their own fb page! And to quote Alistair Barrett-Powell “must be entitled a**hole Villagers!!! Him, his family, and business should be banned from The Villages.
Old 05-17-2018, 10:51 AM

I kept his threatening emails if anybody’s lawyer wants them. Plus he gave me a list of several of the people suing him.
Old 05-17-2018, 11:05 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacy88@charter.net View Post
It’s because Alistair Barrett-Powell and his husband Jeff were members of the Villages talk fb page and started threatening anyone who told their personal experience with the VIR Group which was obviously negative, since they’re being sued by the Florida’s Attorney General for not paying homeowners collected rent! So they started their own fb page! And to quote Alistair Barrett-Powell “must be entitled a**hole Villagers!!! Him, his family, and business should be banned from The Villages.
I am confused. Is this couple involved in VIR? OR in a lawsuit against VIR? Are they Villagers or business owners or both?
Old 05-17-2018, 11:12 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I am confused. Is this couple involved in VIR? OR in a lawsuit against VIR? Are they Villagers or business owners or both?
They were the owners of the now presumably defunct VIR. Hopefully, all homeowners who used them have gotten their claims to the State Attorney General. And, hopefully, someone has warned folks on FB about them (it’s not libel if what you say is true).

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 05-17-2018, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
They were the owners of the now presumably defunct VIR. Hopefully, all homeowners who used them have gotten their claims to the State Attorney General. And, hopefully, someone has warned folks on FB about them (it’s not libel if what you say is true).
I said the truth and he message me terrible things Threatened me and sent a copy to his “lawyer” They owe my friends $7900.00. I kept his threat. I want to see them pay or go to jail. It’s awful to take advantage of anyone let alone seniors.
Old 05-17-2018, 01:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
They already have over 2,600 naive/uninformed/ignorant people...that have joined their FB page.
Old 05-17-2018, 02:03 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
They already have over 2,600 naive/uninformed/ignorant people...that have joined their FB page.
How would anyone know? There isn't anything I can see that would make anyone suspicious.

Thank you for clarification Red.
Old 05-17-2018, 05:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
How would anyone know? There isn't anything I can see that would make anyone suspicious.

Thank you for clarification Red.
Simply click on Admin Alistair Barrett-Powell..and it says he's 'Chief Executive at The VIR Group.'
Old 05-17-2018, 05:58 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
Simply click on Admin Alistair Barrett-Powell..and it says he's 'Chief Executive at The VIR Group.'
When I go on a site on Facebook on water color painting, I don't check the background of the administrator. I have never checked the background of the administrator on this site either. Usually people just read what is posted on a site unless it appears controversial or troublesome..

I know that several people I know log into these sites and I doubt if any of them were aware that the site now discussed was run by the VIR group.

I found out the link to VIR as I looked into it just today, but the post that started this thread is the reason I looked into it.

I was skeptical, as many would be.

I questioned the OP in a PM and she was helpful to me. It was news to me. And I imagine it was news to most on here.
Old 05-17-2018, 06:46 PM

Sorry for the intrusion into your conversation(exchange), but can someone please advise what VIR is(for us newbies)? Just trying to keep informed. Thanks.
Closed Thread

Tags
talk, called, page, joined, residents

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.