A New Home Management Company

Closed Thread
Old 05-17-2014, 01:06 PM
Default A New Home Management Company

A new Home management company I recently used was really happy with them.

I just used Tracy Hawk (352) 232-9286 of Hawks Home Management, they are bonded. She handled just about everything from pre cleaning to check out. Very reasonable rates and flexible terms, you’re not locked into some long term bologna with unknown terms. Before I started renting my unit I talked to a number of agents, including a few recommended here, none impressed me in fact most scared me, like the guy that wanted me to sign a long term contract I could not get a copy to read before and he was not going to give a copy after I signed it! Most insisted I use their cleaning service, yard services, repair service at top dollar, Tracy got it cleaned before AND after at reasonable rates, not the $150 the others wanted. They are very flexible and can handle everything from home watch to the whole show at what they should cost, not some inflated price so the agent makes all the profit and the landlord is lucky to break even. If I choose to rent it on my own from time to time it is no issue. A breath of fresh air compared to anyone else. I am out of the country for extended periods, but at the rates of anyone else I talked to I was better off letting it sit when I am gone, but not now. Very happy with her and the service. The service is new but the people I have known for years. Since in high school. They are honest people that will treat you right.
Old 05-17-2014, 01:58 PM
Veteran member

Do they book the rentals, collect the rent, pay the county taxes, and provide an 1099-MISC to the owner at the end of the year? Or, are they more of a home watch?

From an IRS point of view they prefer a management company and what we use in another state. In The Villages, we have not found a management company that we are interested in using and currently use a home watch, do our own bookings, and pay our own taxes.

I just want to make sure we're on the same page before I contact them.

Thanks so much for sharing the info.
Old 05-17-2014, 04:26 PM

They should first and foremost a Fl real estate license and then we could go from there. If just starting the company. they need the license to be legal
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.