Properties of the Villages - failure to market?

Closed Thread
Old 01-30-2022, 06:22 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,707 Times in 761 Posts

Failure to market? Got to prove in court. Not happening
Old 01-30-2022, 06:31 PM

Realtor tactic to keep themselves as a listed agent until the very last moment before they are required to show it closed. Inexpensive marketing.
Old 01-30-2022, 06:46 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,769 Times in 3,637 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobh521 View Post
I guess thats why The Villages does not believe in a code of ethics.
Old 01-30-2022, 07:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,496 Times in 3,100 Posts

I'm seeing 4 properties in the Village of Dunedin for sale. All four are "pending." Not seeing the problem here at all.
Old 01-31-2022, 05:50 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,522 Times in 628 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcwood4d View Post
There is a home in our neighborhood that has had a Properties of the Villages for sale sign on it for 4 weeks now. Being curious we looked for it on line when it was "listed" (when the sign went up). This seems to me to be a failure to properly market the property and I'm curious how common this is. I'm certain that my $20,000 + commission should afford *SOME* marketing within the first month. Pretty sure I'll never list with these guys if we decide to sell...JMHO
Ok so sometimes it takes a week or so for the property to show up on the Properties of the Villages website. You stated you checked “when the sign went up”. Have you checked in the last three weeks? Those for sale signs have the agent’s name on both sides but pending on one side. Have you looked at that sign to see if it has been flipped to pending? Have there been any open houses in the four weeks? Any showings? Is there a lockbox on the garage door handle?
Old 01-31-2022, 06:01 AM
Send a message via AIM to lisahathy

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
A home 4 doors down listed with sign MLS went up for sale on A Monday. We signed our paperwork next day. Our sign didn’t go on the house for 3 days, because we wanted to speak to our long term tenant in person.

Homes are exactly the same, lot included, except color of outside, up grades the same, bond not paid. Our home $8,000 more than MLS. Day after the sign went up on our home sold little more than asking price.

Day before our closing we stopped at our home to get gate cards, and ID. Other home was having it 7th open house so we stopped in. Same wear, same everything. At 5 weeks dropped price $5,000. Still listed going on 8 weeks plus.

That’s our comparison with MLS and TV. This is our second home sold, same story for both
Are you saying that listing your home with The Villages is better than listing with an MLS agent? I’m going to be selling my patio villa in Dunedin soon and haven’t decided which route to go.
Old 01-31-2022, 06:26 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisahathy View Post
Are you saying that listing your home with The Villages is better than listing with an MLS agent? I’m going to be selling my patio villa in Dunedin soon and haven’t decided which route to go.
Just stating experience with TV sales, rep, that we have used since 2013, This is our second home sold within 3 days. One was before the crazy buying frenzy. I have compared like listings between TV and MLS since 07, and noticed preowned sold in less time with TV. MLS did offer us a lower %, but if house sits on the market for more than a month it’s not worth my time.

Best to compare on your own and make the decision that’s right for you. When we sell our current home, it will be with Our TV rep.
Old 01-31-2022, 06:33 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobh521 View Post
You may list your property for sale by owner on Zillow but it is wrong to list it for sale by owner and then have them call a Village representative. I guess thats why The Villages does not believe in a code of ethics.
What code of ethics did the TV rep break, if the Owners, went to Zillow on their own, then owner had them call their rep? Little confused on your post that TV rep would be unethical.

Is there a secret code of ethics when the owner does something extra with a listing? What would the MLS agent do differently? Your explanation could sway my thought process along with many other on this site
Old 01-31-2022, 06:37 AM

This was a good discussion
Old 01-31-2022, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisahathy View Post
I had a good experience selling my last home through Properties of The Villages. Our sales rep was certainly on the ball. He arranged an excellent listing with great photographs and a walk-through video. He kept us well informed, had a number of open houses, and provided feedback of any showings that we had. The home sold in five weeks for asking price.

Properties of The Villages charges 5% commission for sales.
Old 01-31-2022, 06:41 AM

It's my opinion TV realtors keep a few homes around that are real fixer-uppers to show folks who want to move where the commissions are not as high. When we were looking we wanted to stay north. TV realtor showed us real dumps in the north end, and insisted on showing us nice houses further south. This was seven years ago. The dumps she showed us smelled bad, had clothing laying around, hadn't been staged or cleaned, and had major issues for repairs. It was obvious they'd been on the market for some long time. She was trying to steer us to the newer homes. We ditched her, went out on our own and found a wonderful home near Spanish Springs...exactly what we were looking for.
Old 01-31-2022, 06:46 AM
Default Clarification

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrprez View Post
I see four properties in Dunedin listed with TV. They are all pending. What’s the address?
The house is on Pineywoods path. It has now been 4 weeks. No open house. No pending sign. I walk past the house most every day. I don't want to buy the house... simply a curiosity (observation) as to why Properties of TV would ask full commission and not do all the work to fully market the home to the public. Again, I may need to give some serious thought to listing if they aren't going to do the work.
Old 01-31-2022, 07:15 AM

Take it off & go with Cathy Abruzzio she will sell it fast and she has a great team
Old 01-31-2022, 07:20 AM

Quote:
The house is on Pineywoods path. It has now been 4 weeks. No open house. No pending sign. I walk past the house most every day. I don't want to buy the house... simply a curiosity (observation) as to why Properties of TV would ask full commission and not do all the work to fully market the home to the public. Again, I may need to give some serious thought to listing if they aren't going to do the work.
It might be that the owner isn’t ready for it to officially hit the market. Just using the sign for cold feels until it does hit the market. This hime isn’t listed on the villages listings as pending or available.

I would recommend calling the agent and getting more info before making assumptions.
Old 01-31-2022, 07:22 AM
Sage

Quote:
I can’t find a home for sale on Piney Woods Path, we are looking for a home in that area? Care to share the address? Even looked on Zillow, I must be missing something.

When we put our home up for sale we asked for no Open House, and our pending sign was never flipped, just remove at close, which was 17 days later.

Tags
properties, curious, sign, failure, villages

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.