Properties of the Villages - failure to market?

Closed Thread
Old 01-31-2022, 09:02 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thumbs down It Can Take a Week???

Quote:
Originally Posted by thevillages2013 View Post
Ok so sometimes it takes a week or so for the property to show up on the Properties of the Villages website. You stated you checked “when the sign went up”. Have you checked in the last three weeks? Those for sale signs have the agent’s name on both sides but pending on one side. Have you looked at that sign to see if it has been flipped to pending? Have there been any open houses in the four weeks? Any showings? Is there a lockbox on the garage door handle?
It is nothing short of outrageous if it can take a week for a Villages listed property to show up on their website!

A new listing shows up on Realtor.com in 15 minutes when you list a property with a Realtor on the MLS.
Old 01-31-2022, 09:15 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Question A Code of Ethics

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
What code of ethics did the TV rep break, if the Owners, went to Zillow on their own, then owner had them call their rep? Little confused on your post that TV rep would be unethical.

Is there a secret code of ethics when the owner does something extra with a listing? What would the MLS agent do differently? Your explanation could sway my thought process along with many other on this site
If The Villages has a code of ethics I don't know anyone who knows what it is.
Has anyone ever seen their code, heard about it, or read it?

Only Realtors have a registered Code of Ethics which is mandated by the fact that they are Realtors, belong to a local association of Realtors, and are members of the National Association of Realtors. Realtors are the ONLY sales agents who can belong to the MLS and use their services.

The Villages agents do not abide by this Code and cannot because they do not belong to an association of Realtors and they cannot belong to the NAR nor can they use the services of the MLS.
Old 01-31-2022, 09:19 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Exclamation Commissions

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPFan47 View Post
I had a good experience selling my last home through Properties of The Villages. Our sales rep was certainly on the ball. He arranged an excellent listing with great photographs and a walk-through video. He kept us well informed, had a number of open houses, and provided feedback of any showings that we had. The home sold in five weeks for asking price.

Properties of The Villages charges 5% commission for sales.
Just as a sidebar . . . There is no set or standard commission by any sales agent or Realtor.

It is against the law and against the Sherman Anti-Trust Act.
Old 01-31-2022, 09:25 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thumbs down Bad News!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridget Eichaker View Post
Take it off & go with Cathy Abruzzio she will sell it fast and she has a great team
And we had a horrible, terrible experience with her!
You were lucky -- very lucky.
Old 01-31-2022, 09:39 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Wink A Code of Ethics

Quote:
What code of ethics did the TV rep break, if the Owners, went to Zillow on their own, then owner had them call their rep? Little confused on your post that TV rep would be unethical.

Is there a secret code of ethics when the owner does something extra with a listing? What would the MLS agent do differently? Your explanation could sway my thought process along with many other on this site
If the agent is a Realtor their Code of Ethics is available for anyone (the public) to read and it is strict and goes into great detail. You can find it if you go to the site of the National Association of Realtors and click on their Code of Ethics.

FSBO listings can appear on Zillow as do listings by others.

Obviously, homeowners (FSBOs) do not have a code of ethics by which they must abide; there is no such thing, unfortunately.

To my knowledge, the agents of the Villages have no such thing as a listed code of ethics.
Old 01-31-2022, 09:53 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Angry Incorrect Information!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrprez View Post
Wrong. They are licensed real estate agents. Realtor is a trade designation. It has no bearing on anything.
The word "Realtor" does have bearing on many things.
The word is a registered trademark of the National Association of Realtors.
It is always capitalized.
Only members of the NAR can use the word Realtor.

A number of my other comments on this thread have given more details as to the use of the word.

BTW -- I am not a Realtor.
Old 02-01-2022, 04:26 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
I'm curious to know when those homes sold.

We bought a designer in Tamarind Grove in late 2011. We had asked the agent to also show us resales, but he showed us a couple he/we knew we wouldn't like. We ended up with new.

Right after they opened Fenney, we decided to downsize because of a new purchase overseas making us snowbirds. We listed with the TV agent we had used to buy. I was leery because of his reluctance to show us resales initially, but he gave us a good sales pitch on resales.
We signed the listing. The house never hit the market and was sold in less than 24 hours for mucho over the asking price. More than one offer over asking.

I think we were in the right place at the right time. Fenney was brand new, with no bridges or town square, so the agents were pushing resales, and people wanted to be in the thick of things.. I believe that has changed now.
So perhaps it makes a difference where you are and when you want to sell. Everyone's situation is different, and anecdotal doesn't count for much IMO.
Sold November and December, 2016, 2020, 2021.

Our agent shows us houses in our general guidelines. The one he thought we would love we didn’t, the one he was positive it was a NO, we bought. Guessing our relationship is little different. Never feel we are wasting each other’s time, or that either of us are mind readers
Old 02-01-2022, 04:46 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonanza View Post
Has anyone ever seen their code, heard about it, or read it?

Only Realtors have a registered Code of Ethics which is mandated by the fact that they are Realtors, belong to a local association of Realtors, and are members of the National Association of Realtors. Realtors are the ONLY sales agents who can belong to the MLS and use their services.

The Villages agents do not abide by this Code and cannot because they do not belong to an association of Realtors and they cannot belong to the NAR nor can they use the services of the MLS.
If you are going to quote my post at least answer the question. What code of anyone ethics did Agent break, if the OWNER, posted on Zillow, while listed with TV or MLS?

Looks like you are extremely unhappy with Property of the Villages. I wasn’t happy with a MLS trying to frighten us from buying new home south, because as she put it “The Prison lights and loud speakers will keep you up at night, plus the worry of an escape, will always be on your mind. Your foundation and windows will have cracks because of the blasting.” Don’t buy there”.

Asked her since she couldn’t sell new, if a resale came up in the south, would she list it. Big smile “Yes I would list it” Code of ethics, or just a person trying to make money, no matter what.

We still have her and partners card in our file of…… Don’t use these agents. My file has both MLS, and TV. If I don’t like them, I don’t care who they work for.

Personally don’t care who the agent works for if it’s the house I want to buy.

Last edited by asianthree; 02-01-2022 at 04:53 AM.
Old 02-01-2022, 04:50 AM
Veteran member

Quote:

The word "Realtor" does have bearing on many things.
The word is a registered trademark of the National Association of Realtors.
It is always capitalized.
Only members of the NAR can use the word Realtor.

A number of my other comments on this thread have given more details as to the use of the word.

BTW -- I am not a Realtor.
Yep. And to become a Realtor, you have to write a check. It is a trade designation. It is not required to be able to sell real estate.
Old 02-01-2022, 09:52 AM
Sage
Thanked 8,276 Times in 4,296 Posts

Quote:
Has anyone ever seen their code, heard about it, or read it? .
I've seen it. It reads:

"On my honor I will do my best to do my duty to God and my country and to obey the Scout Law; to help other people at all times; to keep myself physically strong, mentally awake, and morally straight.'

Oh, wait... That's the Boy Scouts... I always get them confused...

-Tom Petty
Old 02-01-2022, 11:02 AM
Location: Village of Hillsborough. (Past) Gilbertsvile, PA and Philadelphia, PA

Quote:

If Zillow has it listed for sale by owner but the house is actually being presented by an agent, I believe that is wrong. As a buyer, seeing a for sale by owner, I would expect to work directly with the owner not an agent. I have seen this on numerous Village listings. They do not belong to the MLS or pay for the MLS but they want to market like they are on MLS
Old 02-01-2022, 11:42 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobh521 View Post
If Zillow has it listed for sale by owner but the house is actually being presented by an agent, I believe that is wrong. As a buyer, seeing a for sale by owner, I would expect to work directly with the owner not an agent. I have seen this on numerous Village listings. They do not belong to the MLS or pay for the MLS but they want to market like they are on MLS
Please show us an example of a TV agent trying to back door a house onto the MLS.
Old 02-01-2022, 12:37 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,310 Times in 824 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridget Eichaker View Post
Take it off & go with Cathy Abruzzio she will sell it fast and she has a great team
Quote:
And we had a horrible, terrible experience with her!
You were lucky -- very lucky.

Can you elaborate please ?
Old 02-01-2022, 12:52 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,770 Times in 3,638 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobh521 View Post
You are EXTREMELY confused.

TV does not post on Zillow.
If a Villages listing is on Zillow, the home owner place it there.

AND Zillow is not MLS.
Why are you talking about MLS and Zillow and TV Listing in the same breath.

Even, Even, Even if The Villages agent listed on Zillow and if it was presented as FSBO, all you have to do is walk away. Simple.

Tags
properties, curious, sign, failure, villages

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.