Property Management for Manufactured Homes

Closed Thread
Old 08-21-2012, 06:43 PM
Default Property Management for Manufactured Homes

Hi. We Just purchased a manufactured home in the historic district and would like to rent it out. Can anyone recommend a Property Management Company that deals with manufactured homes?? Thanks!! Robin & Amy
Old 08-21-2012, 06:49 PM
Sage

Hi Robin,
Congratulations on your new home and welcome to Lower Paradise! Don't know about a property manager, but will mention a less expensive alternative you might want to consider. You can list your home on thevillages4rent.com and employ a home watch person to care for your home and coordinate with your renters.

All best wishes!
Old 08-21-2012, 07:04 PM

Hi! Thanks so much for your reply. We are very new to this, so all of the ideas are appreciated. We will definitely check out the villages for rent website. Thanks again!!
Robin & Amy
Old 08-21-2012, 07:19 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinemswiler View Post
Hi! Thanks so much for your reply. We are very new to this, so all of the ideas are appreciated. We will definitely check out the villages for rent website. Thanks again!!
Robin & Amy
You are welcome to contact my terrific property manager, Vilas Hinkle at vilashin@yahoo.com. If you'd prefer to call, send me a PM and I'll give you her residence phone number in The Villages. Vilas and her husband Dennis take care of everything, including processing your sales taxes, for a modest fee. They also have a terrific process for advertising your rental. And Vilas is fully licensed, which is very important. Good luck!
Old 08-21-2012, 08:27 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

If you decide to go the property manager route, here's another vote for Vilas. She's ethical, efficient and honest.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 08-21-2012, 08:39 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
If you decide to go the property manager route, here's another vote for Vilas. She's ethical, efficient and honest.
Hey Redwitch,

You forgot to mention,
if they decide home watch service is the best way to do the job,
the absolute first person they should contact is...

YOU !!!
Old 12-27-2013, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinemswiler View Post
Hi. We Just purchased a manufactured home in the historic district and would like to rent it out. Can anyone recommend a Property Management Company that deals with manufactured homes?? Thanks!! Robin & Amy
I'm not a Property Mgmt. Co, but am looking for long term rental on Historic side, all inclusive for around $800 month. Thanks, Brenda
Old 04-03-2014, 04:55 PM

We use Down Home Management - check them out at rentinginthevillages.com.
Old 04-03-2014, 05:20 PM

I have had several property managers for our home in the historic side of the Villages. My experience is that it is easier and less expensive to rent it yourself. Once you have registered with the County and State tax offices, it is easy to pay the 11% tax (7% to the State and 4% to Lake County) on month to month rentals. If it is rented over 6 months, then there is no tax due to the state or county. I think that most of the property managers can rent out the house very easily during Jan/Feb/March, but you can just as easily find a renter for those months. The rest of the months are more challenging to find renters, so you will have to lower the rent during those months. Doublewides rent for more than single wides. It is easy to figure out what your house should rent for if you look at some of the vacation rental websites for the Villages. I found that the property managers really don't even try to rent it out in the off season. And, most of them really don't do anything other than collect the rent & tax and pay it, rent it out for Jan/Feb/March, and take care of an occasional problem that might arise (such as dishwasher that's not working, plumbing problems, etc) but they will charge you for their time plus the cost for repairs. I have some real horror stories about the property managers that I have had over the years...and finally decided it was easier and less expensive to do it myself - long distance from California. It really has worked out much better and I wish I had decided to go that way from the start.

P.S. That is not to say that there aren't some good property managers, such as the 2 mentioned above...but I just happened to find some really bad ones, even though they were recommended.
Old 04-10-2014, 06:41 PM
Veteran member

Are you planning to use your place yourself? If so, we found that renting yourself and using a house watch person works very well. We use thevillages4rent.com and redwitch (can't say enough good things about her. )

Also: Wheeling, WV * Youngstown, OH* Niles, OH * Oshkosh, WI * Ft. Worth, TX * Da Bronx * Marathon, NY * Bricktown, NJ * Newark, DE * San Antonio, TX * Washington, DC * Tacoma, WA
Old 05-13-2014, 11:30 AM
Default Happy with Hawk Home Management

I just used Tracy Hawk (352) 232-9286 of Hawks Home Management, they are bonded. She handled just about everything from pre cleaning to check out. Very reasonable rates and flexible terms, you’re not locked into some long term bologna with unknown terms. Before I started renting my unit I talked to a number of agents, including a few recommended here, none impressed me in fact most scared me, like the guy that wanted me to sign a long term contract I could not get a copy to read before and he was not going to give a copy after I signed it! Most insisted I use their cleaning service, yard services, repair service at top dollar, Tracy got it cleaned before AND after at reasonable rates, not the $150 the others wanted. They are very flexible and can handle everything from home watch to the whole show at what they should cost, not some inflated price so the agent makes all the profit and the landlord is lucky to break even. If I choose to rent it on my own from time to time it is no issue. A breath of fresh air compared to anyone else. I am out of the country for extended periods, but at the rates of anyone else I talked to I was better off letting it sit when I am gone, but not now. Very happy with her and the service

Last edited by mikempp; 05-14-2014 at 02:51 AM.
Old 05-13-2014, 11:33 AM
Default Happy with Hawk Home Management

yes

Last edited by mikempp; 05-14-2014 at 02:49 AM.
Old 05-13-2014, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijusluvit View Post
You are welcome to contact my terrific property manager, Vilas Hinkle at vilashin@yahoo.com. If you'd prefer to call, send me a PM and I'll give you her residence phone number in The Villages. Vilas and her husband Dennis take care of everything, including processing your sales taxes, for a modest fee. They also have a terrific process for advertising your rental. And Vilas is fully licensed, which is very important. Good luck!
CAN YOU pm ME WITH THEIR iNFO, IM LOOKING FOR SOMEONE ALSO THANKS
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.