10 Best Fast Food Restaurants in/around TV

Closed Thread
Old 09-21-2011, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeT View Post
We could use a Hooters!
Twisted Kilt . . . if we had a Hooters in TV we'd have to call it Saggers!
Old 09-21-2011, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TednRobin View Post
Maybe a Five Guys in place of Johnny Rocket's? JMHO.
Red Robin and Smokey Bones have better hamburgers than Five Guys!
Old 09-21-2011, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gongoozler View Post
Twisted Kilt . . . if we had a Hooters in TV we'd have to call it Saggers!
How about Scooters. The waitress could deliver your food on a hoveround!
Old 09-21-2011, 09:37 PM

Quote:
How about Scooters. The waitress could deliver your food on a hoveround!
is that like a jazzy?

I didn't realize that Jonny Rockets was on the s_it list. We are new to TV and ate there a couple of weeks ago. My wife said the fries were the best she had in the area. I had a decent salad, and the service was great. Maybe the new management has improved the place.
Old 09-23-2011, 04:26 PM
Veteran member

Johnny Rockets is not a place we frequent very often. However, we decided to try it out today for lunch and were very satisfied. Service was good and the manager even checked in on us. The $5 patty melt and fries were also good. There are a lot of choices in TV so we probably won't be a regular there but we will be back.
Netherlands, California, Quebec, California, Texas, Turkey, Minnesota, Panama Canal, California, Illinois, Turkey, Maryland, Germany, Florida, New Mexico, The Village of Amelia and now The Village of Hacienda East.
Old 09-24-2011, 12:12 PM
Sage
Default Golden Corral has the best fast food.

Well, it IS fast. When you walk in, the food is there waiting for you. And the best part is that they have lots of healthy foods to choose from. It proves that fast-food doesn't have to be junk-food. But for those who like junk-food, they have some of that too.

Last edited by Villages PL; 09-24-2011 at 12:15 PM. Reason: Spacing
Old 09-24-2011, 12:19 PM
Soaring Eagle member

My vote is for 5 guys.
Old 09-24-2011, 03:26 PM

5 Guys is so expensive however.

I love a good burger as much as anyone but to walk out paying $10 per person is really too much.
Old 09-24-2011, 04:50 PM
Veteran member

I tried a steak at the Golden Corral.It was like trying to cut into and tasting like an old shoe.I've stayed away ever since.
Old 09-24-2011, 04:57 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatherer47 View Post
I tried a steak at the Golden Corral.It was like trying to cut into and tasting like an old shoe.I've stayed away ever since.
Yup, if I were in the mood for a steak, I would stay away as well. I would also stay away from most low-cost places - a good steak starts with a good piece of meat which is not cheap. However, for dishes more ameniable to buffet style food, I find them to be very good and a good buy.
Old 09-24-2011, 05:47 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark1130 View Post
5 Guys is so expensive however.

I love a good burger as much as anyone but to walk out paying $10 per person is really too much.
Compared to some fast food places, a Five Guys burger IS more expensive. Compared to some sit-down restaurants, they're less - and to me, just as good. But versus a Mickey D's and places of that ilk, Five Guys isn't all THAT much more for what you get. And you can "drag it through the garden" for no extra charge - just about anything you'd want to add to a burger is on their list.

Sure, you'll spend close to $10/person if everyone gets a fry and a beverage. Two people can split a small fry, though, and have more than enough to go around - their serving size for fries is over the top!! But again, compared to what you get quantity and quality-wise versus other similar venues, Five Guys is a comparatively good value.

We always try to economize (and at least THINK like we're being somewhat health conscious - ha-ha!) by skipping the fries and getting cups for ice water to drink. Helps keep the cost down quite a bit!!

JMHO, however!!

Bill
Old 09-25-2011, 01:46 PM
Veteran member

A Five Guys burger with all the toppings you can handle is only $3.59 and they are very good. Plus their free peanuts are always fresh and all you can eat. Sounds like a pretty good bargain to me.
Netherlands, California, Quebec, California, Texas, Turkey, Minnesota, Panama Canal, California, Illinois, Turkey, Maryland, Germany, Florida, New Mexico, The Village of Amelia and now The Village of Hacienda East.
Old 09-25-2011, 02:12 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill-n-Brillo View Post
Compared to some fast food places, a Five Guys burger IS more expensive. Compared to some sit-down restaurants, they're less - and to me, just as good. But versus a Mickey D's and places of that ilk, Five Guys isn't all THAT much more for what you get. And you can "drag it through the garden" for no extra charge - just about anything you'd want to add to a burger is on their list.

Sure, you'll spend close to $10/person if everyone gets a fry and a beverage. Two people can split a small fry, though, and have more than enough to go around - their serving size for fries is over the top!! But again, compared to what you get quantity and quality-wise versus other similar venues, Five Guys is a comparatively good value.

We always try to economize (and at least THINK like we're being somewhat health conscious - ha-ha!) by skipping the fries and getting cups for ice water to drink. Helps keep the cost down quite a bit!!

JMHO, however!!

Bill
The first time we went to five guys we both ordered large fries HOLEY MOLEY we ended up with enough fries to feed ten people. Their hamburgers are the best of the fast food resturaunts in my opinion. By the way, Golden Corral is no place for steaks, but for a great brunch buffet it is about as good as there is. They fix omlettes to order on Sundays and the chef puts on a great show.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.