2 drinks with specials

Closed Thread
Old 07-28-2020, 08:32 AM
Veteran member
Location: Upstate NY, So Fla, Louisiana, So Fla, Santiago and now Bonnybrook
Default 2 drinks with specials

Am I the only one who thinks this is hurting their businesses. We still are not comfortable going to local restaurants, but would be doing more business with local restaurants if they had curbside and I didn't need to purchase 2 drinks to get specials.
If they are making more money this way and it keeps them in business, I applaud them.
Do not want any business have to close because they are not making any money.
Just my opinion, being a previous business owner, I would not discourage ANY business I could get.
Old 07-28-2020, 09:18 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,027 Times in 5,325 Posts

They have a huge profit margin on selling drinks so they tend to push them.

Since we typically drink water with meals this lessens the chance of us taking advantage of 2 for 1 specials to about zero.

We keep getting 2 or 3 dollar off coupons for local Chinese/Thai restaurant we like so we keep going there.
Old 07-28-2020, 09:28 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,152 Times in 1,326 Posts

specials are usually how restaurants get rid of food that is still good, but won't be in a couple of days because it will be beyond the 'use by date'

maybe they know that they're pushing the edge of the envelope a little too much on the 'use by date' and one needs to have had a couple of pops to dull the ole taste buds before indulging in one of their specials
Old 07-28-2020, 09:30 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by davem4616 View Post
specials are usually how restaurants get rid of food that is still good, but won't be in a couple of days because it will be beyond the 'use by date'

maybe they know that they're pushing the edge of the envelope a little too much on the 'use by date' and one needs to have had a couple of pops to dull the ole taste buds before indulging in one of their specials
Most specials are same every week
Old 07-28-2020, 10:51 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorbill1 View Post
Most specials are same every week
Hmm not very special than
Old 07-29-2020, 05:17 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorbill1 View Post
Am I the only one who thinks this is hurting their businesses. We still are not comfortable going to local restaurants, but would be doing more business with local restaurants if they had curbside and I didn't need to purchase 2 drinks to get specials.
If they are making more money this way and it keeps them in business, I applaud them.
Do not want any business have to close because they are not making any money.
Just my opinion, being a previous business owner, I would not discourage ANY business I could get.
They do not have to be alcohol drinks just not non purchased drinks like water with lemon. This is not a problem for us we always purchase drinks when we go out.
Old 07-29-2020, 05:18 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
They have a huge profit margin on selling drinks so they tend to push them.

Since we typically drink water with meals this lessens the chance of us taking advantage of 2 for 1 specials to about zero.

We keep getting 2 or 3 dollar off coupons for local Chinese/Thai restaurant we like so we keep going there.
Even after purchasing 2 drinks the $25 for 2 menu is cheaper than buying the entrees at full price without the drinks.
Old 07-29-2020, 06:29 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash View Post
Even after purchasing 2 drinks the $25 for 2 menu is cheaper than buying the entrees at full price without the drinks.
True but safer to stay home. Hope this ends soon but trying to avoid being among other folks as much as possible.
Old 07-30-2020, 01:13 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,314 Times in 383 Posts

Oh please with fear of going out to restaurants. What do u think u could possibly catch from sitting with other people feet away.

But Im thrilled now...all the fearful people are out of the restaurants...and others, who arent worried, are having a fine dining experience.

Stay home if you are scared..im happy...and continue to stay home when the snowbirds are back.
Old 07-30-2020, 03:06 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post
Oh please with fear of going out to restaurants. What do u think u could possibly catch from sitting with other people feet away.

But Im thrilled now...all the fearful people are out of the restaurants...and others, who arent worried, are having a fine dining experience.

Stay home if you are scared..im happy...and continue to stay home when the snowbirds are back.
OK I will
Old 07-30-2020, 03:37 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post

If you do not know the answer to the question you posed with your second sentence suggest you do some reading up about droplets and where they might be going.
Old 07-30-2020, 04:03 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
If you do not know the answer to the question you posed with your second sentence suggest you do some reading up about droplets and where they might be going.
Or considering the age of most in TV, that have never left their house, Slip in the shower, have massive bleed, or Massive coronary. Either way at least the droplets didn’t get you.
Old 07-30-2020, 04:14 PM

We eat out two times or more per week at the clubs. Enjoy the food, and the atmosphere. Go with a few close friends and there seems to be a good number of people there each time. It must work or they would not offer it.
Old 07-30-2020, 05:40 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelegges View Post
Or considering the age of most in TV, that have never left their house, Slip in the shower, have massive bleed, or Massive coronary. Either way at least the droplets didn’t get you.
Can not imagine never leaving our house.

Do go out for shopping/takeout/walks and the pools.

Just want to keep our distance and lessen the risks of getting the virus
Old 07-31-2020, 05:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,165 Times in 1,926 Posts

I feel safe enough in several of the restaurants which have added plexiglass on top of the booths which block droplets from coming into your space. We have always preferred booths and now more than ever. Nothing is 100% but we are willing to take that risk to enjoy a meal in a restaurant. Droplets don't really travel far at all which is why we are told to distance from others by 6 feet. In any of the restaurants we go to, there is a compliance with distancing and all servers are masked.

Tags
business, making, money, drinks, restaurants

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.