5 guys at brownwood

Closed Thread
Old 05-14-2020, 08:29 PM
Thanked 1,306 Times in 237 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJblue View Post
Even if the 99% survivable number were correct, would you be willing to get on an airplane if one out of a hundred flights crashed? The reality is that for our demographic in The Villages the survival rate is not nearly 99%. For the entire county it is less than 94 percent but the number of cases is dominated by the typically younger population in the county jail. Take that away and I'm sure that the typical death rate from the virus for retired people is considerably higher.
Whatever! Just stay home and stay paranoid. I choose to live
Old 05-14-2020, 08:33 PM
Thanked 1,306 Times in 237 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
It is survivable, devorejh, but to older people who contract it, the odds of surviving it are much, much grimmer. For an 80 year old the odds of survival 90%

I had better check on that. I am not always right, like a lot of posters.

This article says that 15% of 80 year olds die from the virus if they catch it.. Our average age here in TV is 71 I believe. It isn't any thing to take lightly.

Here is the article; Here's What Older At-Risk People Should Know About the Coronavirus People not with other health risks would have a better chance, but almost all of my amazing and wonderful and treasured and LOVED peers have a little bit of this or that...Sugar issues, Blood pressure, ……….
Like I said, if you are worried or paranoid about this virus and or if you have underlying conditions or comorbidities that by all means stay home. I have no problem with that. Just stop trying to control the rest of us that want to live our lives. I am 70 and I’m not worried about this one bit.
Closed Thread

Tags
guys, cleaning, tables, making, things

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.