5 guys at brownwood

Closed Thread
Old 05-14-2020, 06:42 AM

Have you seen how few cases are actually in Marion and Sumter counties right now. When are you people going to relax. The mask police is not a real job. No more than the false hood that these types of mask actually protect anyone. Ironically, the mask and social distance police keep complaining, and the people in the Villages keep doing as they please and the covid 19 numbers do not seem to be climbing in TV's. So, lets move on and go back to complaining about golf carts and bicycles. There is nothing to see here people. As always, if you are scared, stay in your home, protect yourself and mind your own business. It is your responsibility to take care of yourself,. No one elses!
Old 05-14-2020, 06:54 AM
Thanked 1,306 Times in 237 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by village dreamer View Post
went to lunch at 5 guys today . the help all had masks on around their chins not around their nose and mouth, and no one cleaning any tables. I don't think they are making things safe .
First of all don’t know why anyone would go to five guys for an overpriced bad burger. That said, I care about tables being cleaned just as always at any restaurant. As for masks, they are a waste of time, as you have been told by many doctors. Their only value is primarily psychological. Viruses are microbial. You cannot hide from them. How long will this paranoia about a virus that is 99% survivable go on?
Old 05-14-2020, 07:32 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
Dangerous! During the Covid-19 pandemic the new Burger King by Aldi which serves residents of The Villages had two people in the drive-thru distribution window with face masks that were worn in inappropriate and dangerous manners like the 5 Guys staff: below mouth covering chin. The person was the one who leaned out of the window and handed the food to the drivers.

How does wearing a mask that covers the chin and leaves the nose and mouth exposed provide ANY safety in this time of world-wide crisis?!!! Where is the supervision? Where is the concern for the lives of customers or workers? A call to Burger King Corporate office was not yet returned.
That's more than Wendys, Taco Bell or Jersey Mikes, they don't wear any masks since this has started.

Quote:
Originally Posted by devorejh
First of all don’t know why anyone would go to five guys for an overpriced bad burger.
I totally disagree. They are excellent tasting, juicy especially if ordered with grilled onions. The fries are the best that you can get except for Thrashers in Ocean City Maryland, eaten with vinegar they are worth stopping for just that. I will agree they are over-priced and the placed has never been known for being the cleanest place at the square, especially if you compare it to McAlister's around the corner.

BTW, Thrashers has no ketchup, vinegar only. They sell no drinks, only fries.

The Villages Florida
Old 05-14-2020, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by devorejh View Post
First of all don’t know why anyone would go to five guys for an overpriced bad burger. That said, I care about tables being cleaned just as always at any restaurant. As for masks, they are a waste of time, as you have been told by many doctors. Their only value is primarily psychological. Viruses are microbial. You cannot hide from them. How long will this paranoia about a virus that is 99% survivable go on?
For every “expert” saying mask yourself there is an “expert” saying it is useless or dangerous. I really don’t know who or what to believe. I only know that back in 1918-1920 with the Spanish Flu the people practiced social distancing and wore masks. It still had a number of “waves” hit during those 3 years and many lived and many died (and those were primarily the young and healthy). There is no one way With this pandemic that is guaranteed to save a life.
So I guess I have to agree with all y’all. Eat out/stay in...
Individual decision.
Old 05-14-2020, 07:36 AM

I suggest ou carry your own sanitizer and wipes, even if they had meticulously wiped the table . You can add arm rests and chair to your cleaning task.
Old 05-14-2020, 07:47 AM

When I walk in a restaurant and everyone working there is wearing a mask it makes me feel like everyone is sick and diseased. I eat at home.
Old 05-14-2020, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by village dreamer View Post
went to lunch at 5 guys today . the help all had masks on around their chins not around their nose and mouth, and no one cleaning any tables. I don't think they are making things safe .
I would call the manager and tell him and not return until they did wear masks. They need to be more careful.
Old 05-14-2020, 07:59 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,203 Times in 464 Posts

The gloves are a joke. Once you touch something with a glove, they need to be removed and disposed of and a new pair put on. No one does that. So everything you touch is being passed on to the next item. Really stupid.
Old 05-14-2020, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmit16 View Post
Have you seen how few cases are actually in Marion and Sumter counties right now. When are you people going to relax. The mask police is not a real job. No more than the false hood that these types of mask actually protect anyone. Ironically, the mask and social distance police keep complaining, and the people in the Villages keep doing as they please and the covid 19 numbers do not seem to be climbing in TV's. So, lets move on and go back to complaining about golf carts and bicycles. There is nothing to see here people. As always, if you are scared, stay in your home, protect yourself and mind your own business. It is your responsibility to take care of yourself,. No one elses!
I believe that extra layer (the mask) might help...I’m willing to wear a mask rather than no mask and free-wheeling droplets. It wont HURT to wear a mask.....thinking forward.
Old 05-14-2020, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Doctors haven’t said that. They’ve said ‘your mask protects me and my mask protects you’. If what you said was true...why do nurses and doctors wear masks in surgery,, and for other medical procedures? Next t8me...tell them to put away their mask...infection city!
Old 05-14-2020, 08:05 AM

Quote:
I live on a planet called reality! Unlike you I do not choose to remain a part of the gullible paranoid community. And I am resting wonderfully without a mask! 😎
Thinking medically...ok the next time you have surgery or a medical procedure and the doctors and nurses are wearing masks, tell them to put away their masks. Then you can be ready for the infection that might be spread to you. Better to put on that extra layer just in case it might help. Thinking forward.
Old 05-14-2020, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealtorMikeVanek View Post
I think it's sad you didn't just talk to the manager first instead of blasting them on a social network because you saw something in your 5 minutes there. Listen idiot people are trying to save their business and living. Masks are not forever and I personally don't think its needed at all if you are scared stay home and stop complaining.
Wow, what a way to save your business. Flaunting rules like that makes you wonder what else is going on there, especially with food handling.

Attacking people who post about their concerns doesn't do much for your business either......
Old 05-14-2020, 08:07 AM
Thanked 1,306 Times in 237 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmit16 View Post
Nice to see a common sense post! I do not know why so many choose to run scared and remain paranoid about a virus that is 99% survivable. That group needs to just stay home if they’re so worried and stop trying to control the rest of us.
Old 05-14-2020, 08:09 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,366 Times in 2,395 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealtorMikeVanek View Post
I think it's sad you didn't just talk to the manager first instead of blasting them on a social network because you saw something in your 5 minutes there. Listen idiot people are trying to save their business and living. Masks are not forever and I personally don't think its needed at all if you are scared stay home and stop complaining.
Are you still a realtor?
Old 05-14-2020, 08:13 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,470 Times in 611 Posts

After exec golf yesterday we and the other couple/friends thought "let's do lunch like months ago post-golf. Thought Subway would be fine, and we could eat in our carts 6' away. Before entering I told them - if the workers aren't wearing gloves and masks - no-go. Fortunately they were - I was prepared to tell them, 'you just lost 4 customers'. Instead I mentioned our satisfaction that they were prepared.

Tags
guys, cleaning, tables, making, things

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.