5 guys at brownwood

Closed Thread
Old 05-14-2020, 08:17 AM

It’s nice to know who is not following guidelines. One meal is not worth risking your health! The managers should be contacted because they may not know what they are doing and don’t want to lose business I am sure
Old 05-14-2020, 08:30 AM
Default Right On

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom53 View Post
Wow, what a way to save your business. Flaunting rules like that makes you wonder what else is going on there, especially with food handling.

Attacking people who post about their concerns doesn't do much for your business either......
Exactly. Some say, "You should complain to the employee or manager". Yeah right. I wonder what else would wind up in your food. I appreciate knowing that some businesses are trying to take precautions. The jury is still out on whether masks work or not. If you want to believe they don't I'm sure there's plenty of opinions on the internet to support your belief. Conversely, if you believe they do work, the internet will give you plenty of opinions to support that belief as well. Simply put, as others have said, surgery staff all wear masks for a reason. Maybe it's simply to hide the confused look on their face. For me, if a mask prevents even a very small chance of giving or contracting the virus I'll go with it. As for 5 Guys, if they can't even give the impression that they're concern for my welfare (whether or not they are) then I'm not concerned with supporting their jobs and business by giving them some of my money.
Old 05-14-2020, 08:42 AM
Default Gross

Quote:
Originally Posted by village dreamer View Post
went to lunch at 5 guys today . the help all had masks on around their chins not around their nose and mouth, and no one cleaning any tables. I don't think they are making things safe .
That place should have never been allowed in Brownwood. You can smell who has eaten there by the clothes they had on.
Old 05-14-2020, 08:53 AM
Veteran member

It seems that all the complainers assume that everyone out there has the virus except them. Everyone out there is spreading the virus except them. Everybody should stay home except them. They're the only ones doing the right things.

What the hell is happening to people?
Ready to accuse and bad mouth people who don't agree with them.
I have some news for you:
It's a tough world out there and it needs tough people … not whiners.

IMHO we should open up everything. Take off the masks and get on with life.
Old 05-14-2020, 08:56 AM

I went to Cracker Barrel and although they had a table and employee outside, was told I had to go inside to pick up. Stood in line, paid, and stood some more to wait. Food was mediocre at best.
Old 05-14-2020, 09:11 AM

We noticed the same thing at Havana. They "wore masks" but they too were on their chins!!!! Not all of them did that but surprising how many didn't know how to wear their masks or needed them to "speak" to you, which wasn't the case at all.
Old 05-14-2020, 09:17 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,506 Times in 3,104 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrymini View Post
The gloves are a joke. Once you touch something with a glove, they need to be removed and disposed of and a new pair put on. No one does that. So everything you touch is being passed on to the next item. Really stupid.
...UNLESS the thing you're touching is a bucket of industrial strength surface sanitizer and the rag that's used with that sanitizer to clean shopping carts.

If that's the case, then I'll say - those gloves are more sanitary than your hand-sanitized-once-ever-three-hours-when-you-remember-to-do-it will ever be.
Old 05-14-2020, 09:18 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by devorejh View Post
Nice to see a common sense post! I do not know why so many choose to run scared and remain paranoid about a virus that is 99% survivable. That group needs to just stay home if they’re so worried and stop trying to control the rest of us.
Even if the 99% survivable number were correct, would you be willing to get on an airplane if one out of a hundred flights crashed? The reality is that for our demographic in The Villages the survival rate is not nearly 99%. For the entire county it is less than 94 percent but the number of cases is dominated by the typically younger population in the county jail. Take that away and I'm sure that the typical death rate from the virus for retired people is considerably higher.
Old 05-14-2020, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart Zaikov View Post
You should have said something to the manager
What would you have done pre-internet when you didnt gave the opportunity to drag a business in public?

Instead of going immediately to your keyboard maybe speak up,,,, and ask to see the manager or shift leader and kindly and calmly state your case.

I'm also curious did you stay or leave? If you stayed it really wasn't that big a deal then.
Old 05-14-2020, 09:30 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,665 Times in 1,503 Posts
Default Well said!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpyo View Post
Exactly. Some say, "You should complain to the employee or manager". Yeah right. I wonder what else would wind up in your food. I appreciate knowing that some businesses are trying to take precautions. The jury is still out on whether masks work or not. If you want to believe they don't I'm sure there's plenty of opinions on the internet to support your belief. Conversely, if you believe they do work, the internet will give you plenty of opinions to support that belief as well. Simply put, as others have said, surgery staff all wear masks for a reason. Maybe it's simply to hide the confused look on their face. For me, if a mask prevents even a very small chance of giving or contracting the virus I'll go with it. As for 5 Guys, if they can't even give the impression that they're concern for my welfare (whether or not they are) then I'm not concerned with supporting their jobs and business by giving them some of my money.
A mask is like a window screen. Air passes in and out. The tighter the weave the less that can pass through, like dust, pollen, germs and viruses. Any screen/mask is better than none IMHO.
As to expert advice, I remember when the Surgeon General first announced the potential for harm from tobacco. Smokers didn't want to believe it. Tobacco firms paid "experts" and doctors big money to deny the truth. The smokers clung to the tobacco companies propaganda and denied the truth, many to their great sorrow. Today the virus and the effectiveness of masks is the disagreement. Some say they live on planet "reality" (presumably in another solar system) and apparently see themselves as invulnerable rebels denying any evidence contrary to what they want to believe. I and many others live on planet Earth where a pandemic has been acknowledged world wide. Certainly there are some who are terrified. Others are cautious and concerned and trying to practice some level of social responsibility to protect themselves and others. But society will always have it's denier's (IE: Flat earth society).
Old 05-14-2020, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmit16 View Post
Have you seen how few cases are actually in Marion and Sumter counties right now. When are you people going to relax. The mask police is not a real job. No more than the false hood that these types of mask actually protect anyone. Ironically, the mask and social distance police keep complaining, and the people in the Villages keep doing as they please and the covid 19 numbers do not seem to be climbing in TV's. So, lets move on and go back to complaining about golf carts and bicycles. There is nothing to see here people. As always, if you are scared, stay in your home, protect yourself and mind your own business. It is your responsibility to take care of yourself,. No one elses!
First of all, i am not a germafobe. With that said, i am however a healthcare worker in one of our local hospitals. I do tests on positive covid19 pt's so i speak from experience. This virus has many ways of spreading. We wear masks and gloves for EVERY patient we treat. And a lot more PPE on positive patients.
Everyday masks are there to help protect the other people around you, and their mask is to help protect you. Studies have been done that if you sneeze and you are covid19 positive that sneeze can travel 6-8ft. It also can linger in the air for up to 3 hrs, inside a closed room. No one is 100% sure they are not carrying the virus. If you get tested you are not positive that day, that does not mean you won't be positive the next day. You would need daily testing for 14 days in a row to be sure, a bit unrealistic at this point. The state of Florida is still seeing a good amount of positive cases daily.
Our area has seen a significant decrease in positive cases. However, people travel, they come into contact with others from around the state, and the list goes on. The best thing all of us can do is just be diligent in hand washing. Washing your hands and not touching your face is paramount to keeping yourself safe. Wearing masks do help, regardless of what you say. I have a friend who is infected and going through a rough time. And someone else i know, from this area lost his wife to this virus. Are you willing to lose a friend or family member?? Just be smart and safe and don't think you are immune, because nobody is immune to this virus.
Old 05-14-2020, 09:44 AM
Veteran member
Default masks

Quote:
Originally Posted by ts12755 View Post
When I walk in a restaurant and everyone working there is wearing a mask it makes me feel like everyone is sick and diseased. I eat at home.
Your choice. I am glad they are wearing masks.
Old 05-14-2020, 09:49 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,665 Times in 1,503 Posts
Default They know better

Quote:
Originally Posted by billbob View Post
We noticed the same thing at Havana. They "wore masks" but they too were on their chins!!!! Not all of them did that but surprising how many didn't know how to wear their masks or needed them to "speak" to you, which wasn't the case at all.
Years back many states enacted laws stating that motorcycle riders must wear helmets. Since the law was not specific, I remember many bikers (the more rebellious) strapped the helmet over a knee rather then look like a sissy and wear it on their head.
Maybe this is the new rebel look or maybe they are trying to keep the chin whiskers out of you food. Your guess is as good as mine.
Old 05-14-2020, 09:58 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,366 Times in 2,395 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veiragirl View Post
That place should have never been allowed in Brownwood. You can smell who has eaten there by the clothes they had on.
Old 05-14-2020, 11:30 AM
Send a message via AIM to Nordhagen

Lighten up already
Closed Thread

Tags
guys, cleaning, tables, making, things

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.