Am I wrong?

Closed Thread
Old 02-21-2015, 08:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by newguyintv View Post
Lots of TOTV posters sound like they do just that.
Why would you say that?

I think or at least hope most people are fair with their tips and generous too with their gratitude. It is hard work and requires great patience when some patrons drink too much. I think that the best servers I have ever run into are right here in The Villages, and most of them have worked here for several years.
Old 02-21-2015, 09:43 PM
Gold member
Default No the retirement income...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbussone View Post
Proof please. I seldom tip less than 20%. And what is TV retirement income? $50k, 60k, or more? I don't believe you can support your supposition. Remember, keep the income to TV that's where we live.
is not 50/60k...and I don't believe you can support this statement...and spend where ever you wish...rather absurd to do otherwise..
Old 02-21-2015, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny View Post
Looking at the title of the thread "Am I Wrong?" Yep.
Your not wrong. We come in to eat at the bar and often find people sitting at the bar stools with their buzzers waiting for a table. Their not eating or drinking just sitting there. We enjoy eating at the bar and feel that these people should be made to wait in the waiting area instead of taking up bar stools for cash paying customers.
Old 02-21-2015, 10:10 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnboy View Post
Your not wrong. We come in to eat at the bar and often find people sitting at the bar stools with their buzzers waiting for a table. Their not eating or drinking just sitting there. We enjoy eating at the bar and feel that these people should be made to wait in the waiting area instead of taking up bar stools for cash paying customers.
We always eat at the bar or a table in the bar area. I never see anyone waiting for a table and just sitting the bar taking up a stool & not ordering a drink. Definitely see lots of them at the bar drinking while they wait.
Old 02-21-2015, 10:14 PM
Sage
Default Am I wrong?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred53 View Post
is not 50/60k...and I don't believe you can support this statement...and spend where ever you wish...rather absurd to do otherwise..

Here you go. Cost for a refurbished system.

OLYMPUS CV-180 VIDEO ENDOSCOPY SYSTEM
$69,950
Old 02-21-2015, 11:03 PM
Platinum member

Is he saying that people should not go to a bar to have a drink? Isn't that why bars were invented. If he wants to eat at the bar, which we do often, then he needs to wait for one of the bar patrons to leave!!
Old 02-21-2015, 11:16 PM

It is up to the Establishment to set the "minimum" just like Katie Belle's does when there is Entertainment at night and no cover...They ONLY have a $5 table min per person and that is very low. I think it is common courtesy (or should I say proper manners) to offer your seat at the Bar to a paying Customer if your just waiting for a dinner table and not spending any $ while waiting.
Old 02-22-2015, 01:13 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
My wife and myself like to eat @ the bar in every restaurant we go to. Matter of fact, if we can't sit @ the bar we leave the establishment and go someplace els.
I have observed, especially during "Happy Hour", patrons sitting at the bar in various establishments for the 2 hours , consume nothing but 2 cheap beers & split @ 5 o'clock.

They are really hurting the owners by hogging space and not spending any real $$ and they are hurting the wait staff by depriving them of higher tips.

No place can stay open on $2.00/drinks and no one can live on fifty cent tips.
Yes, you are wrong. There is nothing wrong, in general, with eating at a bar, but it is ridiculous to complain about patrons taking part in a happy hour at a bar, which is promoted by the bar.

Do you really believe that the owners of these establishments are being hurt by the deals that they offer?

My guess would be that the bartenders would prefer that you eat at a table, so that they can make their real money serving drinks, and the waiters/waitresses would prefer serving you at a table as well.

In any case, I can't remember a time (here or anywhere else I've ever lived) when I've noticed how long another patron has sat at a bar/table or how many drinks they've consumed...much less the tip they have left.
Old 02-22-2015, 09:32 AM
Gold member

Me thinks that thou are concentrating on how much libation is consumed and believeth that there isn't enough drinkin' goin' on. The letters AA come to mind. Conceivably 12 steps could be in thy future! Tongueth in cheek, my friend.

Xavier

Last edited by Xavier; 02-23-2015 at 12:05 AM.
Old 02-22-2015, 10:19 AM
Platinum member

I believe you are. Bars are primarily for drinking, while tables are primarily for eating. I'm sure if I asked for a table just to have a couple of drinks, I'd be denied that.
Old 02-22-2015, 10:23 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

Bar stools aren't comfortable to begin with. If you are there long enough and your hind quarters get numb you now have to eat at the bar.
Old 02-22-2015, 10:30 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGUY View Post
Is he saying that people should not go to a bar to have a drink? Isn't that why bars were invented. If he wants to eat at the bar, which we do often, then he needs to wait for one of the bar patrons to leave!!
Agree! Bars are for drinking at, primarily. Sometimes if the restaurant doesn't have a table open, they will ask you if you want to eat at the bar. Sometimes people sitting at the bar drinking will decide to get something to eat. But diners don't have first dibs at the bar. Drinkers do!

Also, the resto will frequently direct you to wait for your table at the bar. That doesn't obligate you to buy a drink.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.