Another one bites the dust...Guy Fieri's

Closed Thread
Old 09-05-2018, 11:27 AM

A simple Jamba Juice,..and a burrito food truck located outside....

Last edited by Villagevip; 10-10-2018 at 09:16 PM.
Old 09-05-2018, 11:27 AM
Sage

Portillo's--a Morton's Steakhouse--its gotta be a corp run franchise--similar to the Bonefish, Carrabbas, -with real mgt expertise
Old 09-05-2018, 11:33 AM

WAFFLE HOUSE, onions, shrooms over the home fries, and for all the cute friendly waitresses.....

Last edited by Villagevip; 10-10-2018 at 09:23 PM.
Old 09-05-2018, 11:38 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villagevip View Post
A Hooters themed restaurant, renamed to "COCOON" for The Villages...
A Hooters-themed restaurant, run by seniors, called, "The Cane Mutiny."
Old 09-05-2018, 11:48 AM
Sage

Hooters is like going to a Ferrari dealership, you could buy one, but are not really able to enjoy it
Old 09-05-2018, 11:58 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbchbum View Post
Wouldn't it be fun to have a Whalburgers! Wahlburgers | Official Site for the Boston Burger Restaurant That restaurant even has a portobello sandwich and salads for vegetarians!
njbeachbum, WHAT is "government cheese"? Sounds like a New England localism. lol The menu looks yummy to me. I love that kind of fare. There are a few who like only steak and really expensive "well" drinks.

If I could vote, I would vote for it. I like chains the best. More money behind it and usually consistent fare.

I know Guy Fieri's is a chain and I am wondering why it closed so quickly; usually leases on the square are for five years. Florida restaurant business is highly seasonal and takes a lot of management expertise. It isn't an easy business.
Old 09-05-2018, 12:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
njbeachbum, WHAT is "government cheese"? Sounds like a New England localism. lol The menu looks yummy to me. I love that kind of fare. There are a few who like only steak and really expensive "well" drinks.

If I could vote, I would vote for it. I like chains the best. More money behind it and usually consistent fare.

I know Guy Fieri's is a chain and I am wondering why it closed so quickly; usually leases on the square are for five years. Florida restaurant business is highly seasonal and takes a lot of management expertise. It isn't an easy business.
Sorry to see them close. Although we didn't visit often, I enjoyed the food, and in fact was there a little over a week ago. Excellent service to boot.
Old 09-05-2018, 01:03 PM
Veteran member
Default OMG, I hope TGi Fridays never comes back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-Town View Post
Hopefully TGI Fridays will move back in.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
Old 09-05-2018, 01:37 PM

How about an UNO's restaurant?

Deep dish pizza, burgers, salads and reasonably priced alcohol. It would be a good match for the building and the demographic.
Old 09-05-2018, 02:06 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenneyFanatic View Post
How about an UNO's restaurant?

Deep dish pizza, burgers, salads and reasonably priced alcohol. It would be a good match for the building and the demographic.
Don’t forget the delicious soups and pasta! And those ROLLS!
Old 09-05-2018, 02:55 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,319 Times in 384 Posts

Quote:

Gracie Dear....many years ago the government gave out bricks of surplus cheese they stored...ergo “government cheese”...they were basically Velveeta.

The last thing TV needs is another bland chain restaurant. I have come to realize that many here from the hinterlands appreciate the consistency of chains. But I also realize that its the only kind of restaurant that can survive.

Thank God, we have found restaurants outside the bubble.
Old 09-05-2018, 02:58 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Quote:
njbeachbum, WHAT is "government cheese"? Sounds like a New England localism. lol snipped
Not only New England...more like a welfare localism...it was likely the first free food donated to low income families...the Whalburgs were a family of 11 - 9 kids!...dunno if their tv show is still on the air - but if you ever see it in the listings watch it...mama Alma is a hoot!

Government cheese - Wikipedia

Old 09-05-2018, 03:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post
Gracie Dear....many years ago the government gave out bricks of surplus cheese they stored...ergo “government cheese”...they were basically Velveeta.

The last thing TV needs is another bland chain restaurant. I have come to realize that many here from the hinterlands appreciate the consistency of chains. But I also realize that its the only kind of restaurant that can survive.

Thank God, we have found restaurants outside the bubble.
To each his own.
Old 09-05-2018, 03:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
I am of the opinion that a well run, clean, consistently good service, consistently high quality foods will always win the day.
And even if it is in not the best location or just what we refer to as a hole in the wall folks will seek it out.

Too many have tried here with mediocrity that deteriorated to poor everything...untrained help and management...removed ownership.

Every eatery that has failed since we have been here (14 years) fail because of inattention to the basics. If they are not failed they are in deterioration, run by folks who are not invested and more importantly do not care.

I have said many times there is no secret to success in the food business.
Absolutely agree with you. Well said. The owners do not care about the restaurants, just the dollars. The staff don't care because they get no backing from the management and the quality of the cooks is abysmal.

The one real standout to me is Bonefish. The Management is always in house, the wait staff are properly trained and dressed appropriately. The tables have proper table linen and the tables are large and comfortable. Add to that the food which is very good. You have a winner.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 09-05-2018, 03:53 PM

We miss Honest Johns.
Closed Thread

Tags
surprised, lived, hype, closing, bites

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.