Another one bites the dust...Guy Fieri's

Closed Thread
Old 09-06-2018, 05:39 PM
Sage

That seems to be the norm, once a place fails 3 times then a Mexican or Asian restaurant moves in.
Old 09-06-2018, 07:33 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbchbum View Post
Wouldn't it be fun to have a Whalburgers! Wahlburgers | Official Site for the Boston Burger Restaurant That restaurant even has a portobello sandwich and salads for vegetarians!
That's funny. I met some of the crew when they were getting the building ready to open Fieri's last summer. They were here from Myrtle Beach. The same operators of Wahlburgers in Myrtle Beach opened and ran Guy Fieri's here in The Villages.
Old 09-06-2018, 07:38 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
What caught my attention is in the old Uno location in Baltimore where I use to live, Miller's Ale House is moving in. It's a sports bar chain out of Orlando with 83 locations. With their Orlando proximity and the size of the building, that sounds like a good idea for that location.
Not sure if that space is large enough for them, but that wold be great place to have here.
Old 09-06-2018, 07:53 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

The space is extremely small for most chain restaurants. Something like world of beer. A deli would work in that space.
Old 09-07-2018, 06:56 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,108 Times in 1,340 Posts

Some type of take out food. Not much to see, only hear, inside.
Old 09-07-2018, 08:17 AM
Gold member

That place needs something that will compete with Cody's, which seems to be a highly successful restaurant. Guy Fieri has a degree in hospitality from UNLV, not from any recognized culinary school, making him much more of an entrepreneur than a chef. Personally I think he's a complete fraud - and several failed restaurants follow in his (and his partners') wake. As far as I know, he never even made a visit to his "signature restaurant" in The Villages. Does that sound like someone who cares about his customers? Have you ever watched him on "Diners Drive-Ins and Dives"? After the diner's "chef" cooks up something, Fieri eats it, raves about it, and proceeds to go through the dish's contents, raving about how each content adds to the dish. Every time? In a diner? We ate at his restaurant in TV just once, a mediocre experience at best. Sorry for the people losing jobs, but not sorry to see Guy go.
Old 09-16-2018, 07:34 PM

Restaurants serving up a dizzying dining scene | News | thevillagesdailysun.com
Old 10-10-2018, 06:40 PM

I hadn't yet tried the Fieri restaurant in Sumter Landing, but was not surprised to see it was closing.
When we went to a Fieri place called "Johnny Garlic's" in San Jose CA a few years ago we ordered our
dishes, waited almost 1/2 hour for the food to arrive and nobody got what they ordered. The waitress
insisted that the (cold) dishes which were delivered were "absolutely" what we ordered even though every
one at the table confirmed it wasn't. We asked to see the manager but he was "too busy". Out we walked.
Old 10-10-2018, 09:24 PM

Old 10-10-2018, 09:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pheffner View Post
I hadn't yet tried the Fieri restaurant in Sumter Landing, but was not surprised to see it was closing.
When we went to a Fieri place called "Johnny Garlic's" in San Jose CA a few years ago we ordered our
dishes, waited almost 1/2 hour for the food to arrive and nobody got what they ordered. The waitress
insisted that the (cold) dishes which were delivered were "absolutely" what we ordered even though every
one at the table confirmed it wasn't. We asked to see the manager but he was "too busy". Out we walked.
Once again I am

The horse died a month ago.... is it o.k. to stop beating it????
Old 10-10-2018, 09:55 PM

Last April when my son came to visit he wanted to buy his sister a sweat shirt and himself a t-shirt He wanted them to have the restaurant brand on them. They only had t-shirts with a bottle of Tabasco Sauce on them. My son stated he wanted them to have the Fieri brand on them. They told him they had some in the back but wanted to sell what they had at the register first and they were small. We just looked at each other and started to walk out. I went back to ask for the manager and the response was, " I am the manager". We left without any merchandise , cocktails or dinner.
Old 10-11-2018, 04:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Complaints about t-shirts from a restaurant that closed over a month ago. Let’s keep this thread going!
Old 10-11-2018, 05:21 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by photo1902 View Post
Complaints about t-shirts from a restaurant that closed over a month ago. Let’s keep this thread going!
Closed Thread

Tags
surprised, lived, hype, closing, bites

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.