Any Mexican restaurants with Chili Colorado?

Closed Thread
Old 01-28-2015, 11:05 AM
Veteran member
Default Any Mexican restaurants with Chili Colorado?

My wife and I are hoping to move to TV in the next couple of years. We're starting to think about the things we might miss in our current location. One of them for me is the Chili Colorado served at a local Mexican restaurant. If you're not familiar, it's basically chunks of very tender roast beef in a mild chili sauce served with rice. I'm not a big fan of Mexican food but I absolutely love this stuff. Do any of the Mexican restaurants in and around TV serve Chili Colorado?
Old 01-28-2015, 11:26 AM

You will have to travel away from TV to get decent Mexican food.
Old 01-28-2015, 11:41 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryLBell View Post
My wife and I are hoping to move to TV in the next couple of years. We're starting to think about the things we might miss in our current location. One of them for me is the Chili Colorado served at a local Mexican restaurant. If you're not familiar, it's basically chunks of very tender roast beef in a mild chili sauce served with rice. I'm not a big fan of Mexican food but I absolutely love this stuff. Do any of the Mexican restaurants in and around TV serve Chili Colorado?
If you are moving here in the next couple years, alot of things can & will change by then.
Old 01-28-2015, 12:10 PM
Default Chili colorado

Jerry, I,ve tried every Mexican joint within fifty miles. Being from colo I miss green chili from brewery bar 11, good luck finding good Mexican here.
Old 01-28-2015, 01:29 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryLBell View Post
We like Fiesta Grande in Colony but they don't have the Chili Colorado. Here is a link to many recipes on Pinterest to make your own. It does look really good!

http://www.pinterest.com/search/pins...lorado%7Ctyped
Old 01-28-2015, 05:02 PM
Sage

Thanks for the link, jnieman. My mouth is watering!
Old 01-28-2015, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomOB View Post
You will have to travel away from TV to get decent Mexican food.
I disagree..my favorite restaurant in TV is Ay Jalisco Mexican restaurant in Spanish Springs..L-9 Chicken lunch...delicious..what a bargain
Old 04-27-2015, 03:23 PM
Veteran member

We were just in The Villages a couple of weeks ago and stopped in to eat at Ay Jalisco. I wasn't that hungry so I just ordered a couple of Tacos. After ordering, I actually looked through the menu and found that they have Chili Colorado! We ended up buying a house (not because of Ay Jalisco; the food was good but not that good!) and are coming back in a few weeks to close. Since we'll probably stay again at the Holiday Inn Express just a couple of blocks from Spanish Springs, we'll probably do Ay Jalisco again and try out the Chili Colorado.

It's funny that I started this thread to see if the dish was available and now after a handful of kind responses by folks who didn't know where to find it, I'm the one to answer my own question!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.